PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 03:07 AM
Lurker

scraghty604 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Signal Strenght

Ok so i have done some searchign and havent found much on the way of gettign some more signal strenght,
I do relize that bars mean nothing but since there almost always no bars at my house and calls droping like mad i know its poor signal strenght and when im in the city its fine.

I have juciy 3.9 if there is any way to bump the signal up even if it takes more battery power i dont care... just sick of sitting in certian spots lol.

thanxs ahead of time
Old 01-12-2009, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Re: Signal Strenght

I nore the person in the link Provided are responsible for you breaking your device or warrenty or any other responsiblity you think you can pin on us. The credit for this information goes to the maker of these videos as These are just old videos I found and used for other phones Ive had.

This will depend on your service and your area. Many PDA phones have very similar radios (some do work better then others but thats up for debate as it can also just be based on if you have a good radio or a "ok" radio) so switching phones will be a shot in the dark (and I mean shooting a bow and arrow with no training in a Dark Forest at night in the Fog)

Your First step is to check what your signal is exactly on the phone (bars dont mean much but they do indicate some.) to Check your dBm (which is or direct signal strength -100 = BAD < -70 = GOOD)
For CDMA
dial ##DEBUG (##33284) VZW
dial ##DEBUG#(##33284#) Sprint(haven't had sprint in awhile so feel free to correct me)
(forgot other carriers so Feel free to ADD)

Head to Debug Info
Choose Either 1x (For phone signal i.e. dropped calls, sms, interupted sounds ect.)
Or HDR(=EVDO) (For Data signal i.e. MMS, Browser speeds, Tethering, ect.)
look for Rx Power (windows mobile)
If you have -100 and above (techically lower) then you will have dropped calls. trouble with SMS,

With that being said your second step is to contact your service provider and have them confirm your location for signal (if there isnt a tower near you then its not going to matter). If they say you have coverage then try to have them open a Ticket for you so there network team can figure out the problem (this can take a number of days depending on the service/your area/your provider) once finished they should contact you (key word being "should") to let you know that you will have signal there and they are going to fix it or your not and will need to switch carriers (this is normally how you can get out of your contract as long as they say they cant fix it. carriers tend to let you head to others in hopes to win you back later if they gather new towers in your area.)

If they say your coverage is "Marginal" or to some effect and you dont want to change carriers or phones then you are gong to want apply these homemade remedies for your phone (if your phone permits and if you can help it try not to open your phone directly voiding your warrenty)

http://www.wisebread.com/no-signal-5...hone-reception

These are tested on different devices and some obviously wont work with a diamond. Try to watch each video and see if it applies.

Im pretty sure none of these will directly work but its worth a look :P
Hope This Helps

Last edited by ca2l3vin; 01-12-2009 at 04:12 AM.
Old 01-12-2009, 05:01 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't care what anyone says no one should try any of these suggestions in these videos.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:10 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

^^^ I agree.

The OP could get an AirRave. It is $100 for the unit (can usually get it for free if you complain enough about poor signal at home) and $5/month to use as a repeater in the house. I have two outside sales reps at my company and am planning on getting them each one because they live in the "sticks." Just as soon as I get done "testing" the one at my house first...

But it works great! I used to get pretty decent service in my basement and now it is flawless. Never a dropped call. Well worth the investment.

Sprint Airave

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond