PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   IGO 8 and the Sprint Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=46238)

rose1 11-25-2008 12:54 PM

Re: IGO 8 and the Sprint Diamond

tomtom sucks, garmin is ok but iGO is the best. And yes, I've tried all 3

gxip 11-25-2008 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 541703)
use advanced config and make sure agps is turned it. It was off by default on my touch pro. My IG08 version 8.3 works flawlessly

Does that have anything to do with the gps radio not staying on? I was reading this thread at xda-dev that was specifying how you need to use gpsgate or similar software to change from com 4 to com 2 and then use another software which I can't remember the name now to leave the gps radio on while you use iguidance/tomtom or another one (not sure if that was for the igo8 as well).

I'm going to look for the post and link it if I can or post any relevant information. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong or mixing things up. I'll edit this and add it, but it might take a while since I found a link to it in a 58 page long thread, or maybe it was the 13 page one...lol be back asap...

Found it... I haven't tried any since I haven't installed IGO8 to my phone yet.. But as soon as I do I'll see what problems arise and if I'll need this. Nevertheless if this fixes anything let me know please...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=364199

If you decide you need this check on post #13 as well (seems like a nice tutorial/explanation on using it)...
Also it seems like you don't need the gpsgate for the igo, you can just change the com in settings i gues...

I apologize if this seems stupid or pointless (just thought it might help)...

rose1 11-25-2008 02:03 PM

All I did was a gps scan and igo picked it up right away

rose1 11-25-2008 02:04 PM

I'm using the new 8.3 version. not the 8.0

indagroove 11-25-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose1 (Post 541705)
tomtom sucks, garmin is ok but iGO is the best. And yes, I've tried all 3

I have all three too, and they all suck in their own special ways. But ultimately, they all rock!

ecker2008 11-25-2008 09:13 PM

u think iGo is the best.. simply because the maps are separated by state, so I only need the one for the state i am in.. i'm pretty sure you can't have this for tomtom, but i've never tried garmin.. this makes the gps program take up the smallest amount of space, so i can fill my card up with more music..

gxip 11-25-2008 11:00 PM

Just installed Igo8 v8.3 on my diamond... Everything seems fine as of right now although it doesn't seem to have much information on Puerto Rico, so that's kind of a bummer....
I'll be trying it tomorrow after class to see how it performs... I would love to try it in FL in 3 weeks.
I wonder if I can use the GPS in the phone without having to turn on the radio? I'm wondering because I can't add national roaming to my local area plan and would like to be able to use the IGO8 from FL to NC and back. And since IGO8 won't use data like sprint navigation...I supposed it shouldn't be an issue either. I'll see tomorrow (duh!) when I try it with radio off. :P

indagroove 11-26-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecker2008 (Post 542848)
u think iGo is the best.. simply because the maps are separated by state, so I only need the one for the state i am in.. i'm pretty sure you can't have this for tomtom, but i've never tried garmin.. this makes the gps program take up the smallest amount of space, so i can fill my card up with more music..

TomTom no, Garmin yes -- state by state.

itsachirpthing 12-04-2008 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffyter (Post 538503)
I have a Sprint Diamond with IGO 8 on it. For some reason the GPS constantly connects and disconnects while using IGO 8. It will lock on 10 satellites in a matter of seconds but disconnects about every 10 seconds for a split second and then locks back on. Anyone else experience this?

Sprint User here. I am having the same problem as well. It is worse on custom ROM's. I have used Juicy's and Mikes ROM's with the same result on both versions of iGO8. I get quick locks, but every few seconds the GPS will flicker. I never had any of these problems on my Touch (6900). I have verified my GPS ONE settings on QPST and everything is correct. This hate this issue, my 6900 is much much better as a GPS device. I hope we can solve this soon. I feel somehow that the aGPS is truely not working even though the setting is enabled and verified with Advanced Config 3.3. We need some more users to help us with the problem. Just my .02. Thanks.

daintyboy609 12-05-2008 01:00 AM

Can someone provide a link or step by step instructions on how to where to put which files on the diamond. I had it working on the treo800w and tried to just copy over the folder to the diamond and launch it but that isnt working thanks.