PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2008, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Suz416 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seven

Questions for those of you who use SEVEN.. I know some have had a hard time getting it to work properly, but I have it installed and seems to be doing ok. I like that I can set up all the different accounts and such, but I'm actually finding that the accounts I set up are showing up in the MAIL view - isn't that Outlook? Are they integrated? All I have is 4 envelopes down the side, and I have to tap them to see which account they are.. any way to customize this or name them? or colors? The program seems to be working 'ok', although I can't tell if it works when I have closed it from the task manager or if I've basically shut it down at that point. It seems that I've gotten notifications even when I had it shut down. Then I find SEVEN and Active Sync open....... is this all working together like an Exchange server?

I've also installed Phone Alarm and have been able to set up alerts for email but in order to set 'rules' I have to designate "contains" words in the sender or subject line in order to give different alerts for different accounts. I'm wondering if I should just forward all of my email to a fake HOTMAIL account (which would give me PUSH), then use Phone Alarm to designate alarms based on SENDER - using the email address that's being forwarded from (each account would be different obviously) to get a separate/different alert......... would this work?

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Carrier: Sprint

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seven

I've been using Seven for awhile on different phones.
I'm not sure of how it receives the push. Closing "seven" from the HTC taskmanager doesn't kill it on this phone.
There's another part running as a "service" 7z.exe.
It does use activesync that I know of. I routinely close it when I see it running.

The accounts not being title doesn't have to do with Seven. I've seen that question before.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond