PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 01:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit
Re: Which one is better?

It seems as if theres a bunch of bad and good Diamonds out there, my Diamond use to only last 4 hours but with a bunch of customizing etc., it lasts longer. Today it lasted 13 hours. Aside from this battery issue, the no storage card option isn't that bad for me, I just use Orb to get all my media online. But it depends on what you need to store etc... Really depends on the user.

Just my 2 cents, think about which one will fit you better.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mario23 is just getting started

Your going to have to try them both out for yourself to decide. Opinions can run pretty strong and the best way to know is go check them out. All the specs are here so that can help. For what its worth, I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my Diamond. Maybe they worked the kinks out. The pro was too bulky for me and the Diamond has everything I want/need. For other users, the pro will be the preferred device.

I'm really not that concerned with whether or not the pro is the hot 4g device as alleged because, lets face it...something better will come along 6 months after that and everybody will be trying to kill their contracts and upgrade again...Its neverending!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 02:21 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

coldfire2122 is a n00b

I think that it really boils down to if you need a physical keyboard and or expandable memory. I really don't think that the Pro really is that much bigger but yes it does feel different when you hold it in your hand.

I would really like to know if the reason why they delayed the launch was really to put a wimax or 4g radio in it.

Personal Phone History:
LG LX5350 -> Sanyo 8300 -> Samsung A920 -> HTC 6700 -> Treo 700wx -> HTC 6800 Mogul -> HTC Touch -> Treo 800w -> HTC Touch Diamond -> HTC Touch PRO
Old 11-03-2008, 03:13 AM
N00b

Anthrax-VX is a n00b

my diamond is great however i have had huge issues with battery life and heat, i will use the internet for a couple of minutes and it gets annoyingly warm and continues to get hotter the hole time. my mogul never did that and i could never notice heat issues with it. i am getting the pro tomorrow for the keyboard and hopefully the battery life is better. if not the keyboard justifies my swap for me. hopefully we will all go android and swim in batter life, wierd that the g1 gets awsome battery life with an 1150 mh battery and we get half on a 1350mh. oh well, ill let you know how it is when i get it tomorrow

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond