PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 08:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Email I Sent to HTC

Even though I'm getting good Battery Life from the Juicy 2.4.1 Rom. I figured if enough of us complained to HTC, they would give us a better battery to work with.

http://www.htc.com/www/CS_Mail.aspx

THIS IS WHAT I SENT

Good afternoon, let me start by saying that I love the product that HTC produces. I've been an HTC owner for many years. I now own an HTC Diamond with Telus Mobility in Canada. The phone is beautiful, sleek and very functionable.

I do however have one pretty big complaint. The battery life on the phone, to say it politely as possible, SUCKS. You can't get through 3/4 of you day without the battery warning coming on, and that's with minimal use. It's the worst I have ever seen.

If I'm not mistaken HTC stands for High Tech Computer, you are suppose to be an industry leader. The battery in the Diamond is not helping your cause, promoting your company as on of the leaders in the industry. And yes, I did let the battery die fully and charge over night before my first use. I have already got a replacement battery from Telus and the issue has not resolved itself.

Thank you for you time, I am sure HTC is taking all the necessary step to rectify this issue.

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 10-10-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit
Re: Email I Sent to HTC

at this point theres not much they can do, they released the 1800mAh with a larger back cover for GSM, the only thing I think they could do now would be to do the same for CDMA.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Hg
Carrier: H

unibomber is a n00b

id like a 2200mah battery with a proper looking backing
Old 10-10-2008, 09:52 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

You get your engineering degree, design it, and sell it to them, then you can have whatever battery you want.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:20 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
You get your engineering degree, design it, and sell it to them, then you can have whatever battery you want.

Lol, I have never read one a your post that didn't bring a smile to my face. God knows some of you Cooks should be working for them, inject some creativity back into the system

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 10-10-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

Khafree is a n00b

Good letter ! You sure have to talk to be listened. I also think that the battery life is unacceptable (i wont start, there is already a lot of subject on that matter). How did you manage to have a battery from Telus ? Did you call them or did you go to a Telus store ?
Old 10-11-2008, 12:34 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khafree View Post
Good letter ! You sure have to talk to be listened. I also think that the battery life is unacceptable (i wont start, there is already a lot of subject on that matter). How did you manage to have a battery from Telus ? Did you call them or did you go to a Telus store ?

I have been with them for years, you have to call Client Retention, not *611. Customer Service cannot help you. I complained to them, then they sent me to the store.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:05 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

You really could have used more formal writing to be taken more seriously...
Old 10-11-2008, 06:48 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
You really could have used more formal writing to be taken more seriously...

I have a couple of email addresses , maybe I'll revise/cut/copy and paste
Old 10-11-2008, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Neil Mitchell View Post
Even though I'm getting good Battery Life from the Juicy 2.4.1 Rom. I figured if enough of us complained to HTC, they would give us a better battery to work with.

http://www.htc.com/www/CS_Mail.aspx

THIS IS WHAT I SENT

Good afternoon, let me start by saying that I love the product that HTC produces. I've been an HTC owner for many years. I now own an HTC Diamond with Telus Mobility in Canada. The phone is beautiful, sleek and very functionable.

I do however have one pretty big complaint. The battery life on the phone, to say it politely as possible, SUCKS. You can't get through 3/4 of you day without the battery warning coming on, and that's with minimal use. It's the worst I have ever seen.

If I'm not mistaken HTC stands for High Tech Computer, you are suppose to be an industry leader. The battery in the Diamond is not helping your cause, promoting your company as on of the leaders in the industry. And yes, I did let the battery die fully and charge over night before my first use. I have already got a replacement battery from Telus and the issue has not resolved itself.

Thank you for you time, I am sure HTC is taking all the necessary step to rectify this issue.

HTC! Your right it does stand for High Tech Computer, seeing as though they deal mainly with the computer side of the device and if I'm not mistaking another company builds the battery!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond