PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone
Carrier: Verizon

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel HTC Touch Diamond Pic!

If I've said it once I've said it 100 times... the Alltel Diamond (that I hold in my hand) has EXACT same specs as the Sprint phone. I first confirmed this on HF over 3 months ago...
Old 10-23-2008, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rdie View Post
If I've said it once I've said it 100 times... the Alltel Diamond (that I hold in my hand) has EXACT same specs as the Sprint phone. I first confirmed this on HF over 3 months ago...
well, i only posted that link to the pictures 1) because i like looking at it and 2) because i figured it would sort of hush the naysayers if they looked thru that forum really quick.

hey w0rdie how is texting on it? i got the 6800 but my keyboard is so damn buggy....phones so thick....

is it basically like texting on a touch?
Old 10-23-2008, 09:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

I am pretty positive that the Alltel Diamond will have identical specs as the Sprint version. Even though Alltel gets certain phones a little late, they arent usually gimped. Look at the 6700, 6800, 6900, treowx, the winmo phones they get are always identical to the Sprint specs

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 10-23-2008, 09:21 AM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

okay has said by w0rdie, the alltel diamond is identical to the sprint model. I have got to play with an alltel diamond and it is the same processor has the sprint diamond.
Old 10-23-2008, 10:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

OhioState87 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OhioState87 Send a message via MSN to OhioState87

but will the Alltel Diamond come with a heat shield and a refresh rate that doesn't drain the battery, like I'm reading is the problem with the Sprint Diamonds
Old 10-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Whitestone

w0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regularw0rdie is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That we don't know yet.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

OhioState87 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to OhioState87 Send a message via MSN to OhioState87

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0rdie View Post
That we don't know yet.
Could it be that since the Alltel Diamond has a better battery rating than Sprint's, they possibly could have fixed those issues?
Old 10-24-2008, 11:24 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState87 View Post
Could it be that since the Alltel Diamond has a better battery rating than Sprint's, they possibly could have fixed those issues?
Yes. It could also be a marketing thing... or a lack of testing.. .there is no way of knowing without thoroughly testing both...
Old 10-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: None Dead 6800 Waiting on Alltel

flipper44 is a n00b
Thumbs down Re: Alltel HTC Touch Diamond Pic!

Wordie or Anyone for that Matter...Does anyone know if the Alltel Touch Diamond has the FM Radio? http://www.letstalk.com/cell-phones/...htm?prId=34679 Says that the Alltel version does not.

Ive seen sites saying that sprint does have the FM Radio...I found a Cab file on XDA developers for FM Radio http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=204 Can anyone confirm if Alltel doesnt have FM Radio if this cab fixes that?

If Neither This can't be a CDMA thing if Sprint offers it...Just a crippling of the sprint version brought to alltel
Old 10-24-2008, 07:22 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I want this phone bad... but I just cant justify paying $500 for a phone. I just talked to the alltep csr on the phone and they said only way I could get the discounted pricing is if I added a line. That'd be $25 activation, $40 additional a month since I already have a smartphone plan and then like $229 for the phone. But I have no purpose for 2 phones so thats out. Damnit

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond