PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   E-Sword For WM6.1 installing bibles on Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39024)

freegood 09-29-2008 09:59 PM

E-Sword For WM6.1 installing bibles on Diamond

After a hard reset when I try to direct the E-Sword program to the .BBl files on my internal storage and I select the correct folder that the files are in, the E-Sword program says "No Pocket e-Sword Bibles located in '/StorageCard/Program Files/pocket e-Sword'."

I've also tried redirecting it to files on my ROM.

Has anyone had success importing bibles on their Diamond with e-sword?

hibby50 09-29-2008 10:02 PM

Re: E-Sword For WM6.1 installing bibles on Diamond

put them in /StorageCard/Program Files/pocket e-Sword

athlet1c 09-29-2008 10:03 PM

I haven't tried that on a diamond , but it seems to have installed fine on the mogul. I will look and see what i can find

freegood 09-29-2008 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 439329)
put them in /StorageCard/Program Files/pocket e-Sword

If it only were that simple. E-Sword just won't read .BBL files.

Vertigo 09-30-2008 01:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by freegood (Post 439324)
After a hard reset when I try to direct the E-Sword program to the .BBl files on my internal storage and I select the correct folder that the files are in, the E-Sword program says "No Pocket e-Sword Bibles located in '/StorageCard/Program Files/pocket e-Sword'."

I've also tried redirecting it to files on my ROM.

Has anyone had success importing bibles on their Diamond with e-sword?

You need to install Microsoft SQLCE 2.0, enjoy!

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-30-2008 01:20 AM

Wow I didn't know anyone else on here used this program. I've used it forever. It's good for using at church :) Also make sure you have .NET CF2.0 as well as SQLCE. Otherwise it won't work. I keep my .bbl on storage card. Make sure you have the last four check marks unchecked if you use ClearTemp as well or everytime you lanuch the program it will ask for bile.

reekolu 09-30-2008 01:50 AM

I have eSword on my Diamond as I type this post. When installing it gives you two options; (1) intsall to "My Device/Program Files/Pocket e-Sword", or (2) "My Device/Internal Storage/Pocket e-Sword". NOW THIS IS WHAT I HAD TO DO TO GET IT TO WORK. If it's not already there, create the folder "Program Files" in "My Device/Internal Storage" and after installation, move the "Pocket e-Sword" folder from "My Device/Internal Storage" to "My Device/Internal Storage/Program Files". There should also be a "My Device/Internal Storage/Windows" folder with "SQLCE 2.0" in it. In order to install new bibles, you have to move your "Pocket e-Sword folder from "My Device/Internal Storage/Program files" to "My Device/Internal Storage", intstall then move it back.

athlet1c 09-30-2008 02:01 AM

E-sword rocks . Also check out the olive tree site . This bible reader has map capability and all .Nice tool.... http://www.olivetree.com/download/

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-30-2008 02:20 AM

Wow, I have more in common with PPCGeeks folks than I thought. I used OliveTree on my super old Pocket PC tablet.

athlet1c 09-30-2008 02:34 AM

yes indeed. It is great to see others in common as well

rainfreak 09-30-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athlet1c (Post 439678)
yes indeed. It is great to see others in common as well

@ athlet1c: I like your sig... Phil 4:13.. that is my favorite verse. I have that as a part of a tattoo on my right arm.

nico4k 09-30-2008 11:48 AM

best bible software available in my opinion...nice to see a lot of people use it...peace to all.

darkkent 09-30-2008 01:45 PM

Hey guys I am a total noob to the smartphone thing.
Just picked up my diamond on the TELUS network in Canada.
I never even thought to have bible software installed on the phone.
This would be awesome for in church, my bus commute to/from work and just to have with me at all times in general!
Can anyone help me out with this?
Like I said, my experience with this is limited so if anyone can post a " step by step " process I would REALLY appreciate it!

D.

rainfreak 09-30-2008 02:02 PM

Here you go:

1. Download the WM5/WM6 version (3.01) from here to your PC.
2. Sync your Diamond with your PC and install the downloaded app.
3. Open E-Sword on your Diamond and begin reading.

Chef Ben 09-30-2008 02:05 PM

What's a bible?

rainfreak 09-30-2008 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Ben (Post 440207)
What's a bible?

The answer to your problems...

Chef Ben 09-30-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 440268)
The answer to your problems...

No comment.

rainfreak 09-30-2008 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Ben (Post 440273)
No comment.

LOL! No comment as a comment is still a comment.

Chef Ben 09-30-2008 03:18 PM

Indeed.

djheir 09-30-2008 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainfreak (Post 440203)
Here you go:

1. Download the WM5/WM6 version (3.01) from here to your PC.
2. Sync your Diamond with your PC and install the downloaded app.
3. Open E-Sword on your Diamond and begin reading.

Don't forget to download actual translations else you won't see anything when you open it up :)

freegood 09-30-2008 03:31 PM

I've tried the suggestions listed and E-sword still doesn't read the bbl files. I've made 3 different copies of the bbl files...in the same directory, in internal storage/Bible, and in my device/.

I have .NET CF2.0 (NETCFSetupv2.msi) and SQLCE (same as the one here) installed.

After clicking ok on the pop-up, it gives me a page to search for the folder that houses the BBL files. I click the red X, and it gives me an Error message. The error message details says:
Quote:

Pocket e-Sword.exe
ObjectdisposedException

at
Microsoft.AGL.common.MISC.HandleAr(Pal_ERROR ar)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Parent()
at
System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wPAram, Int32 lParam)
at
System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)

MannyPR 09-30-2008 07:27 PM

My software of choice for reading my Bible is Laridian's PocketBible, latest version is even finger friendly and works beautifully on my diamond. They have an extensive collection of translations, dictionaries, teaching aids, reading plans and references as well, some of them even for free.

darkkent 09-30-2008 09:14 PM

thank you so much guys!!!
worked like a charm!!

D

PDAPhoneJunkie 09-30-2008 09:25 PM

Wow, maybe I should hang out in the Titan forum with yall. No one in Apache has Bible verses in signature. LOL. God Bless yall.

heartex 10-01-2008 02:44 AM

I have tried all the posts above and still can not get e-sword to work. Could somebody that has it working on a Sprint Diamond please give detail instructions on how they got it to work on their phone?

Vertigo 10-01-2008 06:47 AM

Has anyone tried this already?

http://live.e-sword.net/

btw if you guys like Rick's work would be nice to send him a donation, anything to keep this fine job free!

http://e-sword.net/support.html

jaggrey 10-01-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MannyPR (Post 440661)
My software of choice for reading my Bible is Laridian's PocketBible, latest version is even finger friendly and works beautifully on my diamond. They have an extensive collection of translations, dictionaries, teaching aids, reading plans and references as well, some of them even for free.

I agree.... I've been using this since switching to WM and it works pretty well. I also had Laridian's MyBible when I had the Palm OS. Great thing is when I switched I only had to buy the new reader; the bibles that I bought were free.

MannyPR 10-01-2008 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaggrey (Post 441352)
I agree.... I've been using this since switching to WM and it works pretty well. I also had Laridian's MyBible when I had the Palm OS. Great thing is when I switched I only had to buy the new reader; the bibles that I bought were free.

That is what got me to buy the software, the crossplatform suppport is great and the desktop version syncs highlighted verses, notes, etc. with the handheld so I take with me what I do at home and viceversa. That said I think Rick is doing a great job with his software and I encourage people using his software to send him a donation. =D>

freegood 10-01-2008 11:49 AM

Any suggestions on that error from the last post?

Vertigo 10-01-2008 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freegood (Post 441512)
Any suggestions on that error from the last post?

try re-installing .NET CF2.0..

freegood 10-01-2008 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertigo (Post 441668)
try re-installing .NET CF2.0..

No dice. Reinstalled everything in diff order

I used the version from ms's site.

Are there other ideas?

reekolu 10-08-2008 12:27 PM

It Actually may have something to do with .Net Framework 3.5. I had been running Pocket e-Sword with no problems on my Diamond until I updated to Juicy's Rom 2.4.1 witch has 3.5 built-in. When I went back down to Juicy 2.4.0 witch does'nt have 3.5, Pocket e-Sword is back finding the Bibles locate in /Internal Storage/Program Files/Pocket e-Sword.

Treasure58 10-09-2008 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freegood (Post 442211)
No dice. Reinstalled everything in diff order

I used the version from ms's site.

Are there other ideas?

Add me to the list of Pocket e-Sword fans. I am using it successfully on a Sprint Diamond. I would first uninstall it completely. Make sure you don't have any e-Sword folders left behind. I installed mine to the Internal Storage. I had the same problem of the program not seeing the Bible files even after trying to tell it where to find them.

After installation, the program ends up in the "Program Files" folder however I had to manually move the Bible files to a folder named "Pocket e-Sword" in the root directory of the Internal Storage. I think the problem is just a matter of getting the Bible files in the right directory. Once I had them there, they were found immediately upon starting the program.

P.S. I unlocked my phone but I am using the ROM that came with it which is apparently pretty old (1.09...) I also have .Net Framework 3.5 installed.

rageouss 11-02-2008 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaggrey (Post 441352)

Which bible app looks better in VGA Laridian or E-Sword?

jaggrey 11-03-2008 11:17 AM

I'll tell you how Laridian looks once I get my Touch Pro.

freegood 11-03-2008 12:43 PM

Can you guys upload to me .NET CF2.0 and SQLCE? That might be my issue.

nico4k 11-03-2008 12:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by freegood (Post 493469)
Can you guys upload to me .NET CF2.0 and SQLCE? That might be my issue.

I have used Pocket E-sword for some time now and the only requirement i have ever added it to is SQL CE 2.0. attached you will find the cab...hope it works
(by the way, on the mogul i had to install sqlce20 to the main memory for it to work, not sure if this the same issue with the diamond/touch pro yet).
remove the .zip extension from the file and copy to your device...
UPDATE: just installed it on touch pro and it works like a charm...use sqlce20 cab and then install pocket e-sword.

freegood 11-04-2008 06:05 PM

Thanks Nico, I used it after a clean flash, but I still get the same error exception in post #21.

::sigh::

athlet1c 11-11-2008 02:08 AM

Yes rainfreak that is the way i live life from the quote. Thanks

egriffin 11-11-2008 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rageouss (Post 491175)
Which bible app looks better in VGA Laridian or E-Sword?

I have been using Laridian Bible software for years. It was good on my Touch Vogue, but rocks in vga! I have used e-Sword on my home pc, but didn't know there was a pocket pc version. I'll give it a try. Thanks to you all for bringing this to my attention!