PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 09:57 AM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Most interesting free Diamond apps Downloads here.

I created this thread for the collection of the most interesting DIamond and touch pro app I can dig on XDA and on the whole internet. I hope U can find what U think can be helpful for U. I cannot put all the apps on 1 post so I will use this first post as a table of contents for the location of the apps inside the thread. Tips and links are always welcome guys. So come and lets make this thread a 1 stop shop for diamond apps. Thanks

If U have question about the app, Pls, go to the thread provided in the app post coz U will have a bigger chance to have ur question answered in there. This is to keep our thread clean and loaded with apps and less page for discussion. Thanks to mah brotherman syanni for pointing it out.

All Donation links goes to the creator/developer of the app. I have no in any way have anything to do with donation buttons. all credits goes to them also,So if U come across these guys. give them thanks.

If U wanna give me some love, I appreciate ur thanks button very much.
Thanks to the following members for their input not only to this thread but for the whole site in general. Give this guys thanks if U see them:
syanni85,rainfreak,nautica2450

Special Thanks for tipsters and linkers:
TMZ,dabackwoodboy,stevedog1

Update: Dec. 20 -Diamond pocket gravity & caver found on post 46

table of contents:
post 11 - gcontroller
post 12 - S2U2 1.30 Update
post 15 - Waterlevel 0.2
post 16 - Seismo v0.12
post 17 - Diamond cubes
post 18 - Vr Hologram v2.02
post 19 - SensorMaze
post 20 - GL Maps
post 22 - teeterlevels + new version
post 23 - Htorch v2.2
post 33 - G-Alarm
post 40 - NavTetris v0.2
post 41 - Comic Reader
post 42 - SnowStorm
post 45 - app removed
post 46 - PocketGravityDiamond& Caver 0.8.1

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835

Last edited by jethro_static; 12-27-2008 at 04:41 AM.
This post has been thanked 56 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:42 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Klaxon 2.0 - Skinnable! Alarm Clock G-Sensor on cab. Get it here!!!

If anyone experiences a bug with Klaxon, please post a description of the bug, steps to reproduce the problem, and attach the \Program Files\Klaxon\Klaxon.txt file to the post.
Thanks to a kind soul from XDA-Developers, I've been able to mirror my various downloads on their hosting service, for free! Thanks again to Rich from BlurryFox!
Thanks to expo7 from XDA-Developers for the new UI design!

If you like my work, donations are appreciated!

I have discontinued development on the original UI. This alarm program is designed for a phone that has a high resolution display and sensor capabilities.

Not yet completed:
  • Volume control.
  • Figure out this Home Screen Integration mess...
Version 2.0.0.12
This is a beta build to test out the new skinning functionality.

Instructions on how to create a skin:
Download the CAB for latest version of Klaxon: http://koushikdutta.blurryfox.com/KlaxonSetup.cab
Download the TestSkin: http://koushikdutta.blurryfox.com/TestSkin.zip

Install Klaxon.
Open the TestSkin.zip. Copy the TestSkin directory into your Klaxon folder (usually \Program Files\Klaxon).

Start Klaxon.
Go to Settings
Choose "TestSkin".
Press OK and Klaxon will exit.
Restart Klaxon to see the skin (it will be the same as default).
Edit the textures to create your own skins! The images don't have to be the same size as the ones I use! (You can make buttons bigger or smaller if you want.)

Using Klaxon is pretty straightforward; it's more or less like the standard Clocks and Alarms application.

You can download Klaxon from my website.

Note: I take no credit and the donation button goes to the creator. Not to me. Thanks

Last edited by jethro_static; 09-28-2008 at 10:46 AM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:43 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Re: Klaxon 2.0 - Skinnable! Alarm Clock G-Sensor on cab. Get it here!!!

Created by AndyZap

There are quite a few excellent GPS tracker application around, but still I decided to write my own... It is known that the GPS hardware takes a lot of battery power, so I wanted to be able to switch GPS on/off on pre-defined intervals, instead of keeping it ON all the time.

The tool logs GPS data into a binary files, which can be loaded back for viewing, or saved into .kml / .gpx, to view in e.g. GoogleEarth. Tested on Diamond (standard UK model with standard ROM).

Please read "Readme.html" inside .zip for instruction.

A complete source code in C# is attached as well. Feel free to change anything you like, but please send me you comments/bug fixes.

version 1.17 Added LookAt tag, to position the "camera" correctly, so hopefully you will see it OK in GoogleEarth. Added output into .GPX.

version 1.18 Fixed the kml output (finally!?) - was writing commas instead of dots in some regional setting

version 1.21. Completely re-written GPS engine, shall be much more stable now. Removed GPS valid time settings (was confusing), have a new algorithm to detect fresh GPS samples after an OFF time. Added GPS status indicator to show num sats, SNR, DHOP, etc.

version 2.25. Thanks to expo7, the tool has a new look ! Also you can set your own images for button/background (see readme)

version 2.27. Created CAB file: had to write own FileOpen dialog, as the build-in one did not want to see any files if installed into "Program Files". Added knots/nautical miles to display units. Added time and altitude to every point in GPX output.

Attached FilesGpsCycleComputer_2.27.zip (241.2 KB, 98 views)GpsCycleComputerSource_2.27.zip (327.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by jethro_static; 09-28-2008 at 10:50 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:21 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Re: Most interesting free Diamond apps Downloads here.

As per the creators request not to distribute the app to other sites rather his url in xda. I will just put the link to the update of this app. click the link to update site. Thanks

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=427097

Created by marbalon

Turn your Diamond/Touch pro into a free air mouse for your PC

Hi all,
I'm proud to announce my first GSensor based app is ready to download.
It is app working like Logitech MX Air (like not the same), so you can control mouse remotely including scroll wheel.

I called this app GRemote because I hope to include other features like:
- Touchpad for devices which don't have GSensor
- Keyboard
- GMedia - applet to control apps like Winamp, PowerDVD etc...
- Game Controler - but this can be more difficult because of windows driver required
- GRemoteServer for Windows and Linux!!!

Usage
-Unzip attached file
-Install GRemoteSetup.CAB on you device
-Run GRemoteServer.exe on you PC
-Enter correct IP address in GRemote app on you Diamond or press "Find" button
-If you use GSen remember to add this app to GSen config
- This app use UDP 5656 port so disable it in firewall on your PC (NOT in router)
- Tap and hold you screen to move mouse or use "Withouttouch" mode (press pad centre)
- Communication between client and server is realized with TCP/IP so you need to use any network connection - if you are using Windows Firewall and have problems with connection try this help http://www.windowsecurity.com/articl...-Firewall.html

Requirement
- Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5 (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en)
- HTC Touch Pro or Diamond for GMouse applet (other applets should work on other devices, but now there is only one applet)

Now I'm working on....
- Keyboard support
- Linux server
- Fixing knowns bus

If you like my work and want to offer some support please click on the button below

Screenshots:

Changelog:
v.1.4:
- added "Witouttouch" mode. If you want you can press pad button, and current position of your device is used as base. This state is indicated by "G" blue letter.
- fixed problem with click & drag
- added combo for hosts
- added hostname displayed with IP
- fix problem with tray <no title>
- fix problem with crashing when touch (tell me if this works)

v.1.3:
- fix problem with top bar again. I'm almost sure it works now.
- added magic button "Find". You don't need to enter IP address any more. I hope this resolve most problems connections.
- added "Refresh" button in server app.
v.1.2:
- fix problem with top bar (tell me if this works, I don't have this problem on my ROM)
- added status tab in server app. It displays IP list to use in client app and client status if connected.
v.1.1:
-fix main bug when shaking app crash
-icon indicator added on server side
- grey - not connected
- green - connected
v.1:
-Left, Right Click
-Virtual scroll wheel
-Simple configuration
Attached FilesGRemote_v0.1.2.zip (533.6 KB, 2109 views)GRemote_v0.1.3.zip (536.1 KB, 2415 views)GRemote_v0.1.4.zip (474.3 KB, 1026 views)

Last edited by jethro_static; 10-02-2008 at 06:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:30 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

by zipiik

Add easy internet sharing to ur Diamond

've prepared archive just USBToPCPopUp version 2_0_18172128_1, no enlarge menu. now it's english only (mui 0409).

Attached FilesHTCUSBToPCPopUp_2_0_18172128_1.cab (101.7 KB, 363 views)

Last edited by jethro_static; 09-28-2008 at 11:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 11 times.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:02 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

DYNAMO-3 visual task switcher
Graphical task-switcher that shows all running programs as snapshots (Vista-style).
Runs on any WM version and any resolutions.

Based on the published sources of Dynamo2 program:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=417214

Just map it to some button, then reboot.

Watch the video in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFZHZ...poweruser.com/

Requirements:
.NET Compact Framework 3.5

Download:
Dynamo3.zip

Last edited by jethro_static; 11-11-2008 at 07:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:56 PM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

created by MoisisV of xda

gMeter for HTC Touch Diamond/Pro

gMeter is an application that turns the HTC Touch Diamond/Pro into a vehicle performance computer. By using the onboard accelerometer in these devices, gMeter can measure forward and lateral g forces.

The device needs to be placed in a vehicle and gMeter needs to be calibrated for position with the vehicle at rest on a level surface.

Requirement
Microsoft .NET Compact Framework 3.5
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=349367
or
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

coming soon...
GPS speed, wrong conversion (fixed in new version)
g-force graphs
sensors values
calculated horsepower
Attached FilesgMeter_Setup.CAB (428.9 KB, 524 views)

Last edited by jethro_static; 10-02-2008 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:56 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Diamond Beer has been updated to version. Version 2 features:
- Beer “label” on your glass.
- Multiple types of drinks: “Duvel” is the default, and a root beer (non-alcoholic) for kids.
- Bubbles in the glass which always drift up.
- If you tilt your “glass” to far, the beer empties immediately.
- A nice icon in the Programs group

See videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCM6S...lerometer-game

Diamond beer 2

Is this what you had in mind for the beer ?

A first rough application that simulates drinking. Again not yet as complete as I wanted it to be.

Usage:

Start the program and keep close to your mouth, you don't want to spill the beer ! Next "drink" from your PDA.
Menu -> New Drink refills your glass/PDA.

Any feedback about problems is appreciated !

BTW: usefulness: keeps stress levels down. (Studies show that even the anticipation of a joke can reduce your stress-level by 70 % !)

New version:

DiamondBeer2, which is developed with C++ and does not rely on the .NET CF framework.

Enhancements:
- Beer "label" on your glass.
- multiple types of drinks: "Duvel" is the default, and a root beer (non-alcoholic) for kids (shows how "skins" would work).
- Bubbles in the glass ( go always up)
- If you tilt your "glass" to far, the beer empties immediately. (careful, you might get wet)
- Icon in "programs" group is again not visible now

Done:

- added "foam" (not for all drinks). I could use some artistic help here, because I need a texture which allows me to draw foam without "lines" in it. This is the first rough graphic, I am working on improving the algorithm.
- added "glass" again. Still not optimal, maybe better when I convert the application to OpenGL ES
- uses full-screen mode. Tap on the screen to get the menu back
- better algorithms for flow of beer and foam. I got the rough ideas now, just need to work them out. I think I have a better version already, but I am still not satisfied.
- Foam gets smaller the longer the beer is standing still

<b>Still todo:</b>
- Use a better particle engine for the bubbles.
- Get better colors, especially the B-C does look terrible. (checkout what B-C stands for)
- Add sound (any pointers to examples are appreciated).
- better artistic images.
- User managed drinks.
- Implement "shaking" so foam gets increased.
- Save settings
- User setting for "drink-rate" (saved for next start)

Help needed:
- Pointer to "blending" code examples for drawing the glass
- Texture for foam and/or beer (maybe even brown or red ales ?)
- Other help needed: how can I detect that the PDA is shaken ?

Future enhancements I am thinking about:

- Adding ice-cubes for some drinks (and no ... never for beer )

Important:

If you like my applications, consider a donation to Koushik.
After all it is thanks to his (and the many other developers) work and readiness to share it that I can write these programs. I (currently) still get enough satisfaction in writing these programs.

DiamondBeer2Installer-v0_1.cab

Follow the thread for updates:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=412667&page=3

Last edited by jethro_static; 10-05-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:10 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

by ageye of xda:

proudly announce my next game for devices which have a tilt sensor: G-Invaders. Like Caver it uses the tilt sensor to steer the ship and nav sensor (scroll wheel to shoot missiles/bombs).

If you have ideas, which are not on my todo list, please post them here. Thanks!

see video in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ziak...r-game&paged=2

(Thanks to hdblog.it for the screenshots!)

Game instructions
- Steer the ship by moving the PocketPC (uses tilt sensor)
- Fire missiles by rotating the "scroll wheel" (aka navsensor) anti clockwise
- Fire bombs by rotating the scroll whell clockwise until the polygon around the ship is closed (screenshots will follow or just try it)
- collect weapon upgrades to get better weapons
- collect shild upgrades to repair your ship
- receive new bombs every 500 points
- receive extra lives every 25 shield upgrades
- receive a helper ship every 10 weapon upgrades
- the helper ship fires and collects by itself...
- if you fire a bomb you won't get points or upgrades for the aliens which are killed by the bomb. you also get -100 points. so use it only if you need to...
- if you fire a missile you get -1 points. so don't fire them blindly.
- Online Highscore List at www.ageye.de
- have fun and respect my work!

Todo List:
- Add new screenshots

Changelog:
- Added support for Samsung Omnias (and probably other) tilt sensor
- Added support for AppToDate

- Optimised D-Pad control
- Better anti-cheating support
- Online Highscore List at www.ageye.de

- Added option: Fire with D-Pad or with Nav-wheel
- Fixed some minor bugs with loading of games

- Saving and loading of game states!
- Some minor bug fixes

- Biiiiiig Update
- Finished all levels (70 levels in 10 galaxies!!)
- Added more enemies (still need 1 or 2)
- Added use of scroll wheel (aka NavSensor)
- Added bombs which destroy all visible aliens (except final opponents of each galaxy)
- Added extra life every 25 Shields upgrades
- Added helper ship every 10 Weapon upgrades (helper ship shoots at enemies, screenshots will follow)
- Added highscore list (online highscore is already implemented but not working yet)
- Added sounds (not all yet finished)
- Added 4 different difficulty levels
- Reduced lagging (if it still lags, try disabling sound - if it's still lagging then, try soft resetting the diamond or deactivate background software)

- Score is displayed
- Weapon and shield upgrades
- Aliens can shoot
- Ship has more than just one life
- Show ship damage
- Calibration of tilt sensor

- First release

Donations so far:
http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=donations
Thanks to all who have donated

If you like the game, support it by submitting bugs (just pm me/post them here), by suggesting features or by donating... THANKS

I hope you like it!
ageye

Download
from ageye.de: http://www.ageye.de/index.php?s=download
Follow the xda thread for updates:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414399

Last edited by jethro_static; 10-05-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:25 AM
╚════════════════╝
Threadstarter

Sensory Overload

see the video in action here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVn9X...r-game&paged=2

A few days ago I published the Managed OpenGL ES wrapper. As a proof of concept, I went so far as to create a simple game for the HTC Touch Diamond that utilizes the G-Sensor, Nav Sensor, and the 3D hardware capabilities of the device. The end result is a simple "Asteroids" type game I call Sensory Overload.
The game is simple:
  • Move the ship by tilting the device.
  • Don't run into an asteroid.
  • Blow up the asteroids into tiny pieces.
  • When an asteroid spawns (it will be faded out), you have 5 seconds to get away from it before it can hurt you.
  • Rotate the Nav sensor clockwise to fire a bullet.
  • Rotate the Nav sensor counter clockwise to fire a spray of bullets. You can only use this special ability once every 5 seconds.
  • Asteroids spawn every 15 seconds.
This is mostly intended as a demo or proof of concept to provide other developers starting ground to create their own amazing games for the HTC Touch Diamond.
Known Bugs:
  • Small asteroids are hard to explode. The bullets travel "through" them between repaints, so they never actually collide. I may fix this in the future.
Click here to download the full source to Sensory Overload.
Click here to download the Sensory Overload CAB file to play the game.

follow koushikdutta's website for updates:
http://www.koushikdutta.com/2008/08/...-overload.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond