PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Increase screen sensitivity?? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38041)

DHarvey 09-21-2008 12:26 AM

Increase screen sensitivity??

I would like to mod the screen sensitivity much like the common vogue edit. I want to be able to scroll using the tip of the stylus or my fingernail to flick though menus and what not.

coolguy 09-21-2008 12:42 AM

Re: Increase screen sensitivity??

Yah the sensitivity is good on Touch.. on Diamond I cannot scroll through some of the windows easily w/ my finger anymore.

ret2961 09-21-2008 01:36 AM

Agreed. I have a hard time scrolling on this one. Maybe we had it better than we thought with the Touch???

DHarvey 09-21-2008 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ret2961 (Post 425791)
Agreed. I have a hard time scrolling on this one. Maybe we had it better than we thought with the Touch???

Maybe... I really hope someone can figure this one out. It slows way too slow and I hate that I can't use my stylus tip to scroll.

JBCOBRA 09-21-2008 02:54 AM

Search for a program named Diamond Tweak 0.5, it's on the Telus Diamond thread in this forum. It will fix your problem with the sensitivity! I was having the same problem you have, and now it's like butter! It's even better than my old Touch. I don't know why Sprint made it so hard to scroll around? Install that program and set your sensitivity to "intermediate" or "High" and you will be totally impressed with your Diamond!

:headbang: :headbang:

DHarvey 09-21-2008 03:40 AM

I set it to very high and only noticed a marginal improvement at best. Now I have been playing with the registry for a while so I'm going to hard reset and try once more.

ret2961 09-21-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBCOBRA (Post 425858)
Search for a program named Diamond Tweak 0.5, it's on the Telus Diamond thread in this forum. It will fix your problem with the sensitivity! I was having the same problem you have, and now it's like butter! It's even better than my old Touch. I don't know why Sprint made it so hard to scroll around? Install that program and set your sensitivity to "intermediate" or "High" and you will be totally impressed with your Diamond!

:headbang: :headbang:

It's better than stock, that's for sure. Still doesn't seem as smooth as the Touch to me, but it is better...

Thanks

fergdogg23 09-21-2008 11:51 AM

Dan, nice to see you back on and nice to see you have joined the diamond team. I laoded the Tweaks and it worked pretty well for me as well as I also used the flip clock (worked great) next thing to try will be the TF3DConfig. We will see what happens from here.

JBCOBRA 09-21-2008 09:55 PM

DHarvey, I didn't do any hacks other than the BT stereo thing before I installed the tweaks. I set my sensitivity to Intermediate, and the Finger Pressure to Intermediate. After rebooting, it was night and day for me. It works just as well as the iPhone. It's very smooth and easy to navigate around without ANY stutter. I'm wondering if it got better for you after a hard reset?

Also, I tried some of the memory tweaks from that program and I had some lock ups. So I would recommend not using any of those right now.

DHarvey 09-21-2008 10:17 PM

I actually did have to hard reset and then installed the tweaks and it seems better. Still nowhere as sensitive as the Vogue when it comes to scrolling though menus but it is much better.