PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Sprint Diamond manual (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35439)

Perasite 08-21-2008 05:58 PM

Sprint Diamond manual

An anonymous source gave this to me, enjoy:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Diamond.pdf

remydakid 08-21-2008 06:00 PM

Re: Sprint Diamond manual

wow...
that was fast

chappy 08-21-2008 06:18 PM

There's an entire section about picture mail. Awesome.

InvincibleLiving 08-21-2008 06:32 PM

very cool yuma... do you know where Hoffa is burried too? lol

InvincibleLiving 08-21-2008 06:42 PM

just thumbed thru that manual... mmmmmm felt like i was sitting over the open box containing my brand new phone.... that was a sheer joy thanks yuma lol

petehead 08-21-2008 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy (Post 390363)
There's an entire section about picture mail. Awesome.

Hmm, and that section says to go to http://www.sprint.com/picturemail and click join to sign up.

quarky42 08-21-2008 06:44 PM

How about a Touch Pro manual too? (oh wait...that one is probably buried with Hoffa)

chappy 08-21-2008 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petehead (Post 390388)
Hmm, and that section says to go to http://www.sprint.com/picturemail and click join to sign up.

Yeah, read the whole thing. It says you only do that if you aren't signed up.

Basically, if you don't have a picture mail account already.

petehead 08-21-2008 07:25 PM

You're right. It just seems to me that, if you're going to buy this thing for $300 as reported, that maybe you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to MMS.

chappy 08-21-2008 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petehead (Post 390434)
You're right. It just seems to me that, if you're going to buy this thing for $300 as reported, that maybe you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to MMS.

You always have to register your picture mail account the first time, no matter what phone you have. It's just the phone usually does it all for you. This time you just have to go to the webpage, if you don't already have an account (which most of us here probably do)

InvincibleLiving 08-21-2008 07:29 PM

can we talk about any other feature of the phone guys... we beat that horse to death by now.

Tiberius85 08-21-2008 07:56 PM

Interesting. The TouchFlo3d section was the highlight for me. They added multicolors, a Sprint TV tab, a Sprint Music Tab, changed the clock to digital, and the backround is different. Im kinda split on this. Perhaps if there were profiles in the TouchFlo3d section to change it to default HTC that would be nice, but at the same time it is kind of refreshing to see more than just the blah Black and White of the HTC.

Im sure somebody at xda will give us the default one.

theclerk74 08-21-2008 08:00 PM

I think someone said that it was just a theme, and could be changed. How they know, who knows. But hopefully that is true and we can start modifying TouchFLO 3D like we did with the HTC Home plugin. :) I can hardly wait!

al3azim 08-21-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberius85 (Post 390480)
Interesting. The TouchFlo3d section was the highlight for me. They added multicolors, a Sprint TV tab, a Sprint Music Tab, changed the clock to digital, and the backround is different. Im kinda split on this. Perhaps if there were profiles in the TouchFlo3d section to change it to default HTC that would be nice, but at the same time it is kind of refreshing to see more than just the blah Black and White of the HTC.

Im sure somebody at xda will give us the default one.

I think this is just a theme setup and I believe there will be an option to go back to the default touchflo3d look and feel, including the icons at the bottom.

chappy 08-21-2008 08:12 PM

To mute the ringing sound without rejecting the call:
 Tap Mute Ring when you receive an incoming call.
— or —
Place your device face down.

Nice.

iamjasonc 08-21-2008 08:20 PM

my favorite line in the manual...comes from the section about using GPS
  • "Wireless communication products (such as mobile phones or radar-detecting devices) may interfere with the satellite signal, resulting in unstable signal reception."

Raheinm 08-21-2008 08:37 PM

do you think that we can pull that picture mail cab out of there and use it on touch and mogul?

Perasite 08-21-2008 08:45 PM

I'd tell you where hoffa is, but.. well, you understand :)

uuummmk 08-21-2008 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6700Yuma (Post 390335)
An anonymous source gave this to me, enjoy:
ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Diamond/Diamond.pdf

Did he/she give you a release date as well lmao... Thanks boss....

marcus_cruz 08-21-2008 09:41 PM

Nice find.. I was really looking forward to the FM radio though.

ilkhan 08-21-2008 10:14 PM

OMG its the original paracount creator!

I LOVE THAT PLUGIN

Gold star x10000000 for you.

Also: thanks for the manual. (Is there a specific VGA version coming out of paracount?)

savior02 08-21-2008 10:48 PM

i didnt see anything in the manual about fm radio whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???!!!!!

CNeufeld 08-21-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savior02 (Post 390626)
i didnt see anything in the manual about fm radio whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy???!!!!!

Cause it's not there? There's never been any mention of the FM radio on the CDMA version. And there's been threads already on the Telus version, with confirmation that there's no FM Radio.

Clint

CNeufeld 08-21-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chappy (Post 390493)
To mute the ringing sound without rejecting the call:
 Tap Mute Ring when you receive an incoming call.
— or —
Place your device face down.

Nice.

There's also an option to send a text message to the caller, very easily and quickly. I thought that was pretty cool too!

Clint

darnelhouston 08-21-2008 11:23 PM

not to be a hater to all of y'all, but i personally think this phone sucks:protest:. i own the original htc diamond not whatever other name sprint gave to it, and looking at the design of this sprint's version, this is just.:angry7:...........not the same.

quarky42 08-21-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darnelhouston (Post 390651)
not to be a hater to all of y'all, but i personally think this phone sucks:protest:. i own the original htc diamond not whatever other name sprint gave to it, and looking at the design of this sprint's version, this is just.:angry7:...........not the same.

As long as it has the advertised features and works reasonably well (better than my Treo 700wx for example which has been fairly reliable)...then frankly I don't care if the Diamond or Touch Pro is turd shaped... (assuming it was only shaped and not actually made of crap).

Imagine the comments you'd get holding *that* phone up to your ear? JK!

Anyway, seriously: I could care less about the case... I want it to be durable and I'm very glad that it has the 1340mAH battery.

CNeufeld 08-21-2008 11:41 PM

Quote:

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, even if they're wrong... :)

Personally, I much prefer the CDMA shape of my Telus Diamond. If I had a choice between the two formats (i.e. store had both available, on the same provider), I'd chose the CDMA shape. Maybe I'm just not into "bling"?

In any case, my phone spends most of it's day in a belt holster, so it's not a biggie.

Clint

hibby 08-21-2008 11:42 PM

cool now i can use my diamond properly lol

AstainHellbring 08-21-2008 11:50 PM

Also diamond no where gsm or otherwise has FM radio only Touch Pro

Chef Ben 08-22-2008 12:29 AM

Quote:

How can you say the same phone with better curves and more RAM and possibly, depending on your personal device, a new ROM. Wow, you really thought that one through. Good job.

ecker2008 08-22-2008 01:53 AM

interesting... pulling out the stylus will wake up your device... ? cool

fresnogamer 08-22-2008 02:03 AM

On page 39...Sprint changed the DIAMOND clock!

TwoSteppin4140 08-22-2008 02:19 AM

Found my way here via another forum...and this will be my first WM phone...anyway, is there a reason I can't open/download the PDF? Thanks.

EtherealRemnant 08-22-2008 02:39 AM

Anyone else notice this tidbit:

"Your device has an active connection to the Sprint Mobile Broadband (EVDO) or
Sprint 1xRTT data network. When active, data is being transferred and you cannot
receive calls."

It was showing what the different indicators mean... sounds like we're going back in time here... Even if I'm downloading a file, the call interrupts the download and rings through... then when I get off the call, the download resumes.

I'm going to be one massively unhappy customer if my calls start going to voicemail again like they did on the 6700...

Other than that, I love the fact that this has Sprint Movies on it, they've implemented picture mail (boo on not having the ability to send video though that I can see), they've dumped the java crap for Sprint Music and went to a straight through Opera interface, music is AAC+ (I hate WMA), we've got Sprint Radio, we've got YouTube, there's apparently going to be some sort of a dock for using the phone in the car for GPS, and SAR is about half of the max allowed!

I'm excited about this one for sure.

Too bad there aren't any specs in there... would love some confirmation of the RAM bump to 256MB that's been rumored.

ilkhan 08-22-2008 02:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant (Post 390771)
Too bad there aren't any specs in there... would love some confirmation of the RAM bump to 256MB that's been rumored.

Its on the telus version, so its on the sprint version.

wjrandon 08-22-2008 07:49 AM

I'm not a fan of Sprints tinkering to the Touch Flow interface, I hope there's an option to remove the Sprint overlay. Specially to the music tab! Who wants that large ugly Sprint Music Store ad (button) floating above your album art constantly.

Looks like they want everyone to switch over to Simply Everything plan with how hard their pushing the Sprint Music Store and Sprint TV. It's all about keeping the cash flow running isn't it.

I hope the FM w/ RDS and Television Out isn't removed from the Touch Pro. I wasn't expecting the forward facing camera to survive, but if they remove the aforementioned I'll be sorely disappointed. :protest:

BROOKNAM 08-22-2008 09:56 AM

maybe i have been reading to many threads on this pda, but wasn't this device going by another name, why would they put diamond on the manual if the back is not going to be cut like a diamond,just curious, didnt think they would even acknowledge "diamond".

quarky42 08-22-2008 10:03 AM

They'd lose all the name recognition that they already by changing the name. They already have a lot of free publicity under it's original name before it even came to NAM.

BROOKNAM 08-22-2008 10:12 AM

oh ok, just thought i read it was going by rapheal or some other name, maybe i was thinking a different device.

quarky42 08-22-2008 10:18 AM

I think Raphael was the code name for one of the versions... Herman *might* have been the code name for the Sprint version....which still sounds like a horrible name for a phone...even a code name.

So you're right... it did go by another name, but that was probably some name that the company used to talk about the device internally... (like processors get code names before they come out so that they can be referenced without giving away or deciding on marketing too early on)