PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 10:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Diamond and Pro Comparison

This is a Spec for Spec Sprint HTC Victor(Diamond) and HTC Herman(Touch Pro) review/comparison.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/compare_advresults.php?phones[0]=2847&phones[1]=2846&area=1

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work
Re: Sprint Diamond and Pro Comparison

If I read this correctly... The Pro will only have AGps and the Diamond will have GPS... I also verified this from the FCC data...

So that I am not mistaken, which is better?
Old 08-05-2008, 10:58 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post
If I read this correctly... The Pro will only have AGps and the Diamond will have GPS... I also verified this from the FCC data...

Depends on what GPS chip is installed. GPS systems usually have Sirf or MTK. If One of this is installed, It's gonna be better than aGPS. This chips are highly sensitive to signals. The only advantage of aGPS is a faster lock. If Ur in an area without coverage, Sirf and MTK is more reliable than that of aGPS. If U see on some threads here, People are having hard time connecting to satelites when they are out of country. Simply because they use their phone as a standalone GPS with no help from the cell towers.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:06 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

Its the same GPS chip the Mogul and Touch have... we didn't get blessed with the eGPS like GSM did as far as I know.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 08-05-2008, 11:09 PM
╚════════════════╝

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
Its the same GPS chip the Mogul and Touch have... we didn't get blessed with the eGPS like GSM did as far as I know.
I agree. Sirf and MTK are very expensive. Cannot be an added feature. It's suppose to be a device on it's own. So that's it. It's just a regular aGPS.
Old 08-05-2008, 11:14 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

no, its gpsOne which is *plenty* capable on its own...
Old 08-05-2008, 11:19 PM
╚════════════════╝

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRemnant View Post
no, its gpsOne which is *plenty* capable on its own...
oh I know. it is capable on it's own. but not as reliable as the sirf and mtk. Simply because if this gpsone is better than sirf or mtk, It's gonnabe on tomtom,garmin and navigons which main function is to navigate.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Palm Pre

Insoc is keeping up the good workInsoc is keeping up the good work

So...

Neither is better in terms of accuracy?

The Pro MIGHT lock faster having AGPS if you are in a covered area, but the Diamond and the Pro will have the same accuracy?

Thanks. GPS is a very usable option for me, and I want to make sure I get the phone that has a usable GPS option... I had thought that AGPS and GPS were different, with AGPS not able to provide an accurate lock...
Old 08-06-2008, 03:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

WFTarHeel is a n00b

No memory expansion in the diamond sucks.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond (Telus)
Carrier: Telus

CNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularCNeufeld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insoc View Post

Where did you see this FCC data? Not that I'm calling you a liar or anything.

Clint
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond