PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c (busted)
Carrier: Sprint

PhatboyNYC is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Does anyone else have this problem with the directional pad??

The circular directional pad on my Diamond (Sprint) seems to move fine going up, down and left....but won't move to the right. Since I was covered under TEP, I brought it in for repair at the Sprint store and they couldn't fix it so they replaced it with a newly refurbished Diamond.

I took the phone home and wtf, the new one had the same problem. It would move fine up, down and left but would barely move to the right. I took the phone back to the Sprint store and again they couldn't fix it, so they replaced it for me with another refurbished Diamond.

Now with Diamond #3, I tried out the dpad in the store and noticed it wasn't moving to the right either. I asked to speak to the manager and asked if this was a common problem. He goes into the back to speak to one of the techs and comes back and tells me that I have to press on the outer edge of the dpad (between the <- and the end call button). Doing so, did allow some movement to the right, but compared to the up, down and left "buttons", it seemed to stick and wasn't very consistent.

I installed Kevtris to really test out the dpad on the new Diamond and stupid thing keeps getting stuck when trying to go right.

Is it just me or does anyone else have similar problems?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

mogulman01 is a n00b
Re: Does anyone else have this problem with the directional pad??

Right has always been kind of flaky on my Diamond. I thought it was a hardware problem on my particular unit.
Old 09-27-2010, 03:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond(DIAM500)Telus CDMA
Carrier: IDC

kainppc6700 is becoming a great contributor

I have problem when I press up, but for me it depend on ROM, in one ROM all directions is working perfectly, for example - Energy ROM's. But for ex. MikRom the up work with lags.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Dragoon123 is becoming a great contributor

Same issue for me, since I purchased in '08..
Old 09-29-2010, 09:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Smile DIAMOND Reply

To be honest, mine is a bit different. I've never had a problem with left and right, but down is a small/iffy button, and the up arrow just plain never worked for me.

It might help (if you don't already know) to have an explanation on how it works: You see, unlike a regular DPad, where you hit an arrow or button, the thing actually only has three buttons. A big button on the right, one on the left, and the center one. When you touch the capacitive Dpad, the device recognizes with the heat where your hand is, and as soon as it feels the click on one of the three zones, it will activate the button that your hand is closest to. This is why it does not work with anything but your hand. Hit it with a paper clip or even your fingernail, and you will find that those buttons simply do not activate.

As a little experiment, I rested my thumb on the "house" button. I then proceeded to pull my sweatshirt sleeve over my thumb and hit the "send" button. The HTC DPad diagnostic utility recognized it as a press of the "house" button, just as I suspected.

Maybe you all already knew that. I thought it was kind of interesting.

- 2 Bunny
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond