PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   Sprint Insurance on HTC Touch Diamond (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123076)

mwalt2 07-02-2010 01:14 PM

Re: Sprint Insurance on HTC Touch Diamond

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhhd00 (Post 1848961)
On hold w/ Asurion now. The lady is calling it a "palm 120-60 pixi". Will have to try MrObvious's recommendation.

Edit: TP2 is on it's way. This isn't ideal but it could certainly be worse. For those who would prefer this outcome in their own situation, I think what was important for me was: 1) no Diamonds in stock; 2) me being nice; 3) being clear that I had to have a WM device.

Would you mind giving a little more details on your situation? What happened to your Diamond? I assume that you are paying the $100 for the TP2 since it's through Asurion. I also need to have a WM device for work software, etc. and my Diamond's hardware buttons are getting flaky (though I only pay the $4/mo for asurion insurance, so going to a repair center isn't an option for me). I've just been living with it since I did not want a non-WM phone.

DerangedPony 07-02-2010 01:42 PM

If you go through Sprint now (Service Tech), they will only give you a Instinct S30. They do not even give out Diamonds anymore. LoL

mhhd00 07-02-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mwalt2 (Post 1849056)
Would you mind giving a little more details on your situation? What happened to your Diamond? I assume that you are paying the $100 for the TP2 since it's through Asurion. I also need to have a WM device for work software, etc. and my Diamond's hardware buttons are getting flaky (though I only pay the $4/mo for asurion insurance, so going to a repair center isn't an option for me). I've just been living with it since I did not want a non-WM phone.

The problem I gave is a damaged internal antenna, but that's really just one of a few problems that would qualify me. Yes, I'm paying the 100$.

I said that I started to file the claim yesterday, but the phone being offered was significantly different from my phone, which is a problem because I have to have WM to run various software. The CSR spent a good amount of time looking for a comparable device (and saying she was using phonescoop.com to do so). I told her that I was looking for something comparable as well, and the closest thing I found was a TP2. She said that she already checked on that but that they had none. After some more time on hold, she came back and said that she could offer the TP2 after all. My confirmation email says the TP2 is brand new.

I don't think that they're obligated to be this considerate with their accommodations. That means you have to make them want to help as much as they can, not just help as much as they're obligated to. One piece of advice: Don't come off like you're looking for an upgrade. This means not disparaging your current device. I love my Diamond, and I was sure to say so. Further, the nicer they think your device is, the nicer the device they'll be looking to replace it with.

j37hr0 07-03-2010 07:25 PM

No Diamonds in stock for replacement from Assurion? TP2 is the only option? Girlfriend is going to be unhappy. I might just have to upgrade her phone. But to what?

tonyfella 07-13-2010 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laep (Post 1820958)
As of 6/16, Asurion offered me a Palm 120 (I think it's a Pixi?) as an insurance replacement for my diamond. No thanks.

i would take that