PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 11:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Lennys is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can no longer sync Outlook

I hope someone here can help. I have the Sprint Diamond and Win 7. Has all worked, but suddenly I cannot sync with Outlook. The device is recognized by the device center, but I get the following msg:

"Synchonization cannot be started because you are not able to log on to the network and access information. Restart your computer and synchronize again. If the problem persists contact your network administrator" (I guess that would be me!).

I have searched here and all over and tried all the suggestions which unfortunately has left me with removal of all my contacts from the phone after I reestablished a new partnership.

I'm not sure if the problem is with my phone and a hard reset will work, or with the computer. There have been suggestions that it is outlook (I run 2007) I repaired the Mapi32.dll.
I have seen others having the same problem, but no solutions. Anybody have any ideas?. I even e-mailed HTC, but they gave me the same stock suggestions which I have done.
Lenny
Old 12-07-2009, 05:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Can no longer sync Outlook

It sounds like you have nothing to lose by doing a hard reset, especially if you lost all your numbers by removing the partnership.

Back it up, and let 'er rip.

It sounds like you are getting an ActiveSync connection established, so we SHOULD be able to rule out a bad cable/port.

What OS are you on? Have you tried running a repair on Outlook?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:09 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lennys is a n00b

I am running Windows 7 HP upgraded from Vista HP. Has been OK for at least the last 2 weeks. More bad news...same msg after hard reset. I keep making things worse with losing more and more from the phone.

I am attaching the error msg which occurs after connected and it wants to sync with Outlook.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg syncwarn.jpg (27.6 KB, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennys View Post
I am running Windows 7 HP upgraded from Vista HP. Has been OK for at least the last 2 weeks. More bad news...same msg after hard reset. I keep making things worse with losing more and more from the phone.

I am attaching the error msg which occurs after connected and it wants to sync with Outlook.
Did you do a clean install of Win 7 or an over-the-top upgrade? Either way, uninstall WMDC, reboot, reinstall, reboot and give it a go.
Old 12-08-2009, 08:35 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

I had this problem with Outlook and ActiveSync with my Diamond. I couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I would get an ActiveSync connection, but it would fail with Outlook every time...Thank God for MyPhone....I never even tried to sync Outlook again. Have you tried it?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lennys is a n00b

Not familiar with My Phone.
I have seen others with the same Outlook complaint, but no answers anywhere. All my contact info is on it.

Lenny
Old 12-08-2009, 10:42 PM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Do you have contact info on your phone now? Search the forum for MyPhone Cab, or Google it. It will take all your contacts and upload them to Microsoft MyPhones site and every time your run the program on your phone it will sync with the site....It also does pictures, texts, etc.....
Old 12-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lennys is a n00b

Not sure what I did, but went into safe mode and ran fixmapi which some had stated might be corrupted and mess up Outlook. Also removed a medical program Epocrates which I uninstalled. For some reason it just synced!

Now I have to manually restore the phone the way I had it since I did not have a backup. Used sprite in the past but restore messed it up.

Thanks for the help...
Old 12-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Lennys is a n00b

I can't believe it. It didn't really work again and I trashed the contacts again (my fault). I found a windows mobile bbs on Microsoft and will hope to find help there as it is almost certainly a computer problem not a phone problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond