PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Mango Has been released for the Arrive today Official! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147218)

Aleki 09-27-2011 10:48 PM

Re: Mango Has been released for the Arrive today Official!

every fiber in my body is struggling to contain an explosion of excitement while my phone updates to 7720.
you have no idea...

Aleki 09-27-2011 10:49 PM

btw: phone is upgrading to mango on its own accord; no zune trick necessary :)

GoodThings2Life 09-27-2011 10:57 PM

Got my update installed this evening after work... all is well! Hidden Wi-Fi support is definitely confirmed... no Internet Sharing.

Dr.8820 09-27-2011 11:28 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

I read earlier about internet sharing...it might come if the carrier supports it, which means we're gonna get hosed!

inmnbob 09-27-2011 11:33 PM

Finally was able to force the update and it just started the backup. It was challenging to disconnect the wifi in time. Hopefully no issues from this point.

Dr.8820 09-27-2011 11:42 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; Trident/5.0; XBLWP7; ZuneWP7))

...did I get a bad flash or Tmo doesn't support custom ringtones...?

sanyo69 09-28-2011 01:42 AM

I just updated mine to 7.5 and there seems to be some stuff in the OS. They linked just about everything that is popular for social networks but I did not see the multitasking feature at all. I selected background applications and non of my apps were listed as compatible for them to be running in the background. I guess an update is coming in the future. oh and you still cannot use mp3's as ring tones. Looks like Microsoft wanted to push the update early to not lose anymore customers to iPhones. Now that Sprint is going to carry them. Looks like that to me.

sanyo69 09-28-2011 01:43 AM

I have the Arrive with Sprint and we don't have it either

sanyo69 09-28-2011 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbunniz (Post 2147549)
Got mine done about 45 mins ago. Seemed to take an hour to get through the whole thing. I did have to use the WPCentral method to force update, i guess its easier when using a laptop with a wifi on/off switch =P So far I really like it. I had already seen a lot of what mango was going to do from a microsoft rep, but i am really sorry for leaving Windows devices right now. haha I realized that deep down, i am always going to be a windows girl and android is my filler friend. I still love my EVO 3D but my Arrive is going to be stuck at my side for a long time. This OS seems to move so fluid and the little integrated tools make life so much easier. Its nice to have a phone that does it all without having to download a ton of apps.

Sorry for my long rant but im just feeling so at home now :)

PS Is anyone else stoked that they can now use their own mp3/wma files as their ringtones? Granted you have to edit them to exactly 30 seconds or less....its nice to be able to make the phone more you...right?

how did you do that? i didn't see anything on my arrive that let me select an mp3? i love the OS and it is way faster and everything is finally linked together.

steveo70 09-28-2011 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sanyo69 (Post 2147585)
how did you do that? i didn't see anything on my arrive that let me select an mp3? i love the OS and it is way faster and everything is finally linked together.

here you are, must use Zune

How to Make Custom Ringtones for Windows Phone Mango