PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   Mango Has been released for the Arrive today Official! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147218)

nkdevelopment 09-27-2011 03:50 PM

Re: Mango Has been released for the Arrive today Official!

went to wpcentral homepage. instructions are the second post, followed them and the update is in progress.

nkdevelopment 09-27-2011 04:17 PM

This is taking FOREVER! The anticipation is killing me.

nkdevelopment 09-27-2011 04:31 PM

and its GLOOOOOORIOUS!!!=D>

twiztid420 09-27-2011 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdevelopment (Post 2147477)
went to wpcentral homepage. instructions are the second post, followed them and the update is in progress.

can you link this or PM to me please ?

Dr.8820 09-27-2011 04:36 PM

Force Mango update early through Zune software and avoid frostbite | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

eric12341 09-27-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkdevelopment (Post 2147472)
I clicked on it and it takes me to information about the rollout.

@nkdevelopment it's fixed now.

JohnMcD348 09-27-2011 07:41 PM

Well, I'm failing horribly at forcing the update. I've tried disconnecting the plug, turning off the Lan port, unplugging power from the Cable modem. It still keeps coming up that my phone is up to date with 7392.

Dr.8820 09-27-2011 08:46 PM

John, did you turn off the data connection on the phone?

JohnMcD348 09-27-2011 09:05 PM

nope. How do I do that? WiFi is off. BT is on, but I have nothing in the house that's BT capable.

edit:

OK, figured out how to turn that off also. Now I'm getting the 80072FA8 error, Trouble connecting to Update service. I guess everyone is trying to do this right now. I looked up the trouble code and think it was the same one I went through when I first got the phone and updated to NoDo. Checked the Services/MSC and the System even is started so I guess I'll try this later tomorrow after I get home from work. Off to bed for the night. 36hours without sleep isn't good for the Patients the following day.

G'Nite

pinkbunniz 09-27-2011 10:10 PM

Got mine done about 45 mins ago. Seemed to take an hour to get through the whole thing. I did have to use the WPCentral method to force update, i guess its easier when using a laptop with a wifi on/off switch =P So far I really like it. I had already seen a lot of what mango was going to do from a microsoft rep, but i am really sorry for leaving Windows devices right now. haha I realized that deep down, i am always going to be a windows girl and android is my filler friend. I still love my EVO 3D but my Arrive is going to be stuck at my side for a long time. This OS seems to move so fluid and the little integrated tools make life so much easier. Its nice to have a phone that does it all without having to download a ton of apps.

Sorry for my long rant but im just feeling so at home now :)

PS Is anyone else stoked that they can now use their own mp3/wma files as their ringtones? Granted you have to edit them to exactly 30 seconds or less....its nice to be able to make the phone more you...right?