PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Arrive/7 Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=260)
-   -   so i went and got the arrive yesterday .. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143045)

rrjskj 04-25-2011 11:16 PM

Re: so i went and got the arrive yesterday ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by imecoli (Post 2091220)
I had to go to 2 different stores to get mine transferred from my TP2. First I had to reinstall the original ROM(not sure if needed, but didn’t want to risk it). They couldn’t connect to the TP first, then they didn’t have the Arrive on the machine. They figured out another device that allowed the transfer. just contacts, nothing else.

One would figure they would have synching to outlook more readily available. Some of the issues observed are valid, however, the performance is definitely the upgrade. Battery life is great, and having 3 TP2 batteries means never having to worry when out for extended periods away from power.

yep tried that too b4 i went to work i reinstalled stock rom for my tp2 and took it back in their still telling me the samething in both the stores here they can't em to sync over so yeah i got the music over alright now they're working i'm more worried about my work and family contacts cause sprint still can't get them over onto the arrive so i dunno i put a few on it today just to get by but sooner or later the rest are gonna have to go over to it problem is i know too many damn people ..

Dr.8820 04-25-2011 11:17 PM

my bad for not getting back at you...let me speed dial info_box...:)

info[]box1 04-26-2011 12:38 AM

Wirelessly posted (Htc Arrive: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; T7575))

Regarding pushing over contacts from one phone to another using the cellabrite machine. Tell the sprint rep to use *HTC 7 pro* if they see HTC arrive. They have the same model number HTC T7575. Some store just don't know any better.

Dr.8820 04-26-2011 01:02 AM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

Thank you sir :)!

eric12341 04-26-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrjskj (Post 2091277)
yep tried that too b4 i went to work i reinstalled stock rom for my tp2 and took it back in their still telling me the samething in both the stores here they can't em to sync over so yeah i got the music over alright now they're working i'm more worried about my work and family contacts cause sprint still can't get them over onto the arrive so i dunno i put a few on it today just to get by but sooner or later the rest are gonna have to go over to it problem is i know too many damn people ..

try my tips I posted on the other page. that method worked flawlessly for me.

rrjskj 04-26-2011 06:08 PM

appreciate all the help fellas but for some reason while being on the phone with sprint advanced tech they advised me to take the phone back declaring it defective cause all my contacts after doing what u guys asked me to do and what the rep told me to do sent em triple with no numbers what so ever and since the phone decided to over heat over the weekend and while i was talkin with sprint rep he told me to take it bac k .. so again appreciate all the help you guys have given me thank you ..

steveo70 04-27-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2090140)
all my contacts and music transferred flawlessly from my tp2 to arrive. what u need to do js setup a new hotmail account then goto ur tp2 and set it up to sync with exchange (bing for exact instructions) then on the arrive add that new account as a primary account and then set it to sync contacts and u should be good to go. and as for Zune make sure all ur music is saved in one folder if not then u have to set it to find the others. then u will want to convert all those .mp3 and .wav files to .wma files (dbPoweramp converter is a good program for this) the format that I recommend u convert them to is .wma pro with a sample rate of 48khz and with a bitrate of 96kbps doing this will provide superior sound than an .mp3 at 256k and at half the filesize. I don't recommend using WAV. while uncompressed is the best way to go the filesize is much too large for a mobile device

Finally got around to trying what you suggested. Converted all my music files. Downsized from 4.5 to 1.3 GB. Still sounds good. Thanks.

TexasAggie97 04-27-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrjskj (Post 2091653)
appreciate all the help fellas but for some reason while being on the phone with sprint advanced tech they advised me to take the phone back declaring it defective cause all my contacts after doing what u guys asked me to do and what the rep told me to do sent em triple with no numbers what so ever and since the phone decided to over heat over the weekend and while i was talkin with sprint rep he told me to take it bac k .. so again appreciate all the help you guys have given me thank you ..

Not a surprise. New electronics usually have a higher defect rate than established ones. I had to use the hotmail method to sync my contacts from my Mogul because WP7 requires corporations with self-signed certs to extract said certs with all private keys for WP7 to sync. Good luck.

rrjskj 04-28-2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasAggie97 (Post 2091983)
Not a surprise. New electronics usually have a higher defect rate than established ones. I had to use the hotmail method to sync my contacts from my Mogul because WP7 requires corporations with self-signed certs to extract said certs with all private keys for WP7 to sync. Good luck.

i don't know why but i'm starting to believe ya on that especially since i got this thing brand new and they can't seem to find anything wrong with it besides it heating up when i'm on phone calls . i tried using gmail and hotmail to sync my contacts and it's got my contacts names over just not my contacts numbers and email accounts went back in yesterday after they called me back and said their software for syncing contacts was updated and still they can't get them to show up and they also went ahead an swapped my phone out to another new 1 and it's still having the same issue so yeah i hate to say it but i'm going to not trying to piss any1 off but it looks like imma have to abandon my wp7 dream til sprint can figure it out damn it and i was just starting to fall in love with my device .. anyways fellas like i said b4 thank u for all ur help it was very much appreciated ..

eric12341 04-28-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrjskj (Post 2092876)
i don't know why but i'm starting to believe ya on that especially since i got this thing brand new and they can't seem to find anything wrong with it besides it heating up when i'm on phone calls . i tried using gmail and hotmail to sync my contacts and it's got my contacts names over just not my contacts numbers and email accounts went back in yesterday after they called me back and said their software for syncing contacts was updated and still they can't get them to show up and they also went ahead an swapped my phone out to another new 1 and it's still having the same issue so yeah i hate to say it but i'm going to not trying to piss any1 off but it looks like imma have to abandon my wp7 dream til sprint can figure it out damn it and i was just starting to fall in love with my device .. anyways fellas like i said b4 thank u for all ur help it was very much appreciated ..

dont know why you are having issues. all my contacts transferred flawlessly, number,pictures and all. try to sync them without the +1 in them because i had them blank once (but on my TP) but when i did that everything was good.