PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

sheureka is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2chill View Post
Sure thing guys, sorry for the delay.

Keep in mind I have read about some issues with these using regular SD cards (i.e. those 2GB or less), so unless you want to help find bugs then don't install these unless you need to use a SDHC card.
My non-SDHC cards worked fine with the earlier SDHC drivers - but not with this driver. - sheureka
Old 10-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheureka View Post
My non-SDHC cards worked fine with the earlier SDHC drivers - but not with this driver. - sheureka
Hmmm, good info. It has worked fine with my sandisk 1GB card but like I said, I've seen reports of "issues" with all of the SDHC drivers and non-SDHC cards.

I said it before and I'll say it again, don't bother with any of these unless you need to have support for SDHC cards--there's no benefit and you're potentially giving up the now rock-solid reliability of the latest official SD driver for the Apache. It's possible that in the future we'll have better drivers but right now all of these have been brought over from other WM6 devices and may have issues as a result.

Last edited by luv2chill; 10-09-2007 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:01 PM
ksg
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2, TP1, Kaiser, Apache & HP iPAQ hx2495b
Carrier: Verizon (formerly Alltel)

ksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuffksg knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by verizonguy View Post
Running with this installed I've tested so far:
2GB Generic Mini SD - working
4GB Generic Mini SD - working
2GB San Disk Mini SD - working
2GB Kingston Mini SD - working
4GB San Disk Mini SDHC - working
4GB San Disk Micro SDHC w/ Mini SD adapter - working

I haven't been able to find a properly formatted card yet that wouldn't work with these drivers.
Your findings coincide with my own. I also haven't been able to find any properly formatted cards (either MiniSD or MiniSDHC) that haven't worked flawlessly.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid
Carrier: VZW

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
Quote:

Keep in mind I have read about some issues with these using regular SD cards (i.e. those 2GB or less), so unless you want to help find bugs then don't install these unless you need to use a SDHC card.
Thanks! This did the trick for my 6GB SanDisk microSDHC card, as well as working with all my other cards... 4GB SanDisk microSDHC, 2GB SanDisk microSD, 2 GB ADATA miniSD...
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 10-10-2007, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep
I can also confirm that the 6gb cards are working with the new SDHC drivers luv2chill posted. I never tried the earlier SDHC drivers, so I can't comment on those. My non-HC 2gb card is also working fine. Thanks everyone for all your hard work!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700

spyrl is a n00b
Don't know if this confirms anything, but, I wish I had this detailed information when I was shopping for big mini sd cards...

I have a Topram 4 gig card that did not work in my 6700 prior to the devel4. Now it works like butta! (Not sure if it is SDHC or NOT as there are no markings) AND... My "old" 2 gig Transcend that worked before continues to work like butta post devel4 too! Needless to say Verizonguy is my hero and made my day again today.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro II.. With a bionic heart!

Eturnulrs704 is just getting started
ok people.. 6gb loaded and after cab install.. working at 5822.47 mb..lol WOW !!!! pocket pc iz god!!!!

Last edited by Eturnulrs704; 10-13-2007 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul 6800

bklynace is a n00b
Quote:

I would like to say =D> thanks to luc2cill...I got my 6gb memory to work on my sprint ppc 6800
Old 10-15-2007, 12:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: Verizon

cyberfreak95 is a n00b
Yep, but not with a stock OS

I'm using a 4GB SDHC card with verizonguy's devel 4 WM 6 build and my card shows up just fine.

Although since upgrading to this release I cannot use REGULAR SD cards - only SDHC cards. I think they are working on fixing that problem.

I also discovered that my SD card reader will not see the SDHC cards in windows - it just asks if I want to format it - so I had to use ActiveSyns to copy all my data to the 4GB card (Which is painfully slow).

But now that that's done I got my 4GB SDHC card and it reliably works so I am happy.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro2

nico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on repnico4k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Talking 4GB & UP with OEM camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynace View Post
I would like to say =D> thanks to luc2cill...I got my 6gb memory to work on my sprint ppc 6800
Can anyone comfirm if the OEM Camera works (taking pictures, videos) with the bigger size cards (4gb & up)? need to know....any answers are appreciated!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache