PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   WM6 WIFI problems (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=8099)

ksg 09-06-2007 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linenoise (Post 83788)
I am having the same issue with my WPA-PSK system as well.

I also use WPA-TKIP at home, and haven't been able to connect with WM6 with the SSID turned off or on. This is definitely an issue with Helmi_c's WM6 rom.

bacspasm 09-06-2007 11:24 PM

For me, it is a bit slow getting connected but I am able to connect with WM6 6700 and my linksys WRT 54G running dd-wrt v24 linux OS and WPA-PSK and SSID broadcast.

biscodude 09-06-2007 11:34 PM

I was having issues with wpa wireless the first time I set the device up. I was also having issues with the from field of text messages showing up as the first word of the message. I did a hard reset and then when it said it was going to run sprint customizations I did a soft reset to prevent it from running. After that my two issues were resolved. This may be something you might want to try, but I am certainly not a pro at this.

OMJ 09-08-2007 10:19 AM

Those having WIFI issues............

not sure if any of you saw this post in the Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) thread but it looks like a couple ppl had success after enabling Blutetooth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by twister36 (Post 84366)
I at first couldn't connect to my home network running WPA/TKIP. But after reading the below I tried to activate Bluetooth, and magically my network connected... However anyone know how to get WPA2 on the Sprint PPC-6700? I can't connect to my works network without WPA2/AES.

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by magyoi (Post 83798)
mdphoenix.. i tried that 1.02 version as well and had the same problem.. so i downloaded the OTHER verizon version and it worked fine IN vista.. took about 7 mins or so and a 2nd hard reset.. but since then .. the rom worked with only one flaw.. every once and a while I have to enable Bluetooth to get wifi to connect.. but im going to try to upgrade the radio version to the latest one in the forums (im using 1.10.00 right now).

Try downloading the other verizon version (non 1.02 bootloader). It worked great for me.

weedahoe 09-08-2007 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimmrguy (Post 83728)
I have the same problem...can connect to open, but when I enable WPA-PSK I have the above problem.

This includes me also.

bugsysiegals 09-08-2007 11:04 AM

Confirmation

Just another confirmation that I'm also having the same problem. I thought I might have chosen the wrong adapter or something but I played with the damn thing for hours and couldnt get it to connect. I'm sure they'll figure it out as long as they become aware of the problem.

sammy95ss 09-08-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musikmans (Post 83660)
HI! I start a new threads because we are a lot of person having the same problems. I'm not to connect to a secure network. If someone was able to solve that or have a patches to fix it, please post here. thanks

I had the same problem too, how I was able to connect was, go to comm manager and turn the phone off, (I think that makes it flight mode), connect to WiFi and then turn the phone on

mlbuckner 09-08-2007 02:57 PM

sammy95ss
Thanks for the info, that worked for me, turn phone off in comm manager, turn on wireless and it connected. Turned phone back on and wireless stayed connected. I was able to shut of wireless and back on and it connected from that point on. Great post and again thanks, was getting worried about the wifi, seems like a small bug
Matt

Trident 09-08-2007 03:46 PM

That didn't work for me. I can still only connect if I turn off encryption on my network. And that ain't gonna happen.

mlbuckner 09-08-2007 09:37 PM

Yea, mined worked once and then no go, guess will have to wait for fix.