PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2007, 02:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can u flash xv6700 for use on Sprint?

I am wondering, I spoke with with Sprint and of course they would not tell me you can use xv6700 on their network, but they did tell me I might find something by researching it. Is it as simple as flashing it with a Sprint rom ?
Is there a different way? How much does the ESN matter in this aspect? I have both carriers but would rather use the xv6700 on Sprint rather than Verizon. I am pretty sure this is possible from the conversations I had with some reps, but of course they wont provide details. Could someone help me, please?
Old 08-04-2007, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
WOW... had you searched, you would have found the answer to this question. YES you can flash your xv6700 for use on Sprint's network. Flash your phone with a Sprint rom, and for good measure upload a Sprint PRL.

I was a member back when Wideawake was just Awake...
Old 08-04-2007, 12:21 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
I wasn't going to reply since this subject has been beaten to death in many other threads, but someone giving incorrect advice forces me to say something.

No, you cannot just flash your device with a Sprint ROM and start using a Sprint PRL. The ESN will not show up as a Sprint ESN, they won't let you activate it and you'll have a nice PDA with no phone functions.
There are threads that deal with changing the ESN to a legal Sprint ESN, but it is NOT a legal procedure. And no, Sprint won't do it either.
I highly doubt that any Sprint employee told you that you "might find something by researching it" (at least in any official capacity).

Look at these two threads:
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/sprint-xv670...hange+esn.html
http://www.ppcgeeks.com/i-changed-my...hange+esn.html

Old 08-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

tenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartenthirty2 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Ok oh mighty Trident, I didn't give bad advice. He asked if the phone could be flashed for use with Sprint, and YES, it can. Will Sprint activate a non-Sprint ESN? Maybe, maybe not. That's not what he asked. So next time follow your first instincts and DON'T REPLY. You're right, it HAS been beaten to death in previous threads, that's why I said had he searched he would have found the answer. Have a good weekend Mickey Mouse.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:44 PM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Are you seriously going to try to say that your information was correct and try to flame me because I corrected you?
Have you read any of the threads or done any research on this issue? You tell someone else to search, but you don't?

The phone can be flashed, but it will not allow it to be used on the Sprint network without changing the ESN illegally. Period. No "maybe" about it. That is what the OP asked about. The inquiry obviously wasn't just a hypothetical question about "Can it be done?", they want a usable phone.
I want the OP to know that what you suggested will get them an unusable phone (without further difficult and illegal actions). Further, if they pursue it, they will be breaking federal laws in addition to any contracts that they may have with a provider. I provided links to two other recent threads on this board that backed up my statements.

I won't resort to name calling or insinuation about anything. I simply said that the information you provided was incorrect. If you have any proof that I was wrong other than some ambiguous statements that contradict every other post on this board (and any other I've read), feel free to post it and I'll apologize for saying you were incorrect.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus 128gb
Carrier: AT&T

jtrag is keeping up the good workjtrag is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jtrag Send a message via MSN to jtrag Send a message via Yahoo to jtrag Send a message via Skype™ to jtrag
The original post said the follwing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11
I am wondering, I spoke with with Sprint and of course they would not tell me you can use xv6700 on their network, but they did tell me I might find something by researching it. Is it as simple as flashing it with a Sprint rom ?
Is there a different way? How much does the ESN matter in this aspect? I have both carriers but would rather use the xv6700 on Sprint rather than Verizon. I am pretty sure this is possible from the conversations I had with some reps, but of course they wont provide details. Could someone help me, please?
Then tenthirty2 responds with the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2
WOW... had you searched, you would have found the answer to this question. YES you can flash your xv6700 for use on Sprint's network. Flash your phone with a Sprint rom, and for good measure upload a Sprint PRL.
Then he denies that his answer was wrong:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenthirty2
Ok oh mighty Trident, I didn't give bad advice. He asked if the phone could be flashed for use with Sprint, and YES, it can. Will Sprint activate a non-Sprint ESN? Maybe, maybe not. That's not what he asked. So next time follow your first instincts and DON'T REPLY. You're right, it HAS been beaten to death in previous threads, that's why I said had he searched he would have found the answer. Have a good weekend Mickey Mouse.
LMAO, this is the funniest post I've ever seen. The first post did ask 'Is it as simple as flashing it with a Sprint rom ?' and then tenthirty2 responded with 'YES you can flash your xv6700 for use on Sprint's network. Flash your phone with a Sprint rom, and for good measure upload a Sprint PRL.' and he has the nerve to be a smart ass while giving a wrong anser. Then he denies that he gave a wrong answer and was a smart ass again... I thought you had to be smart to be a smart ass but tenthirty2 just proved that theory wrong. He's the dumbest smart ass I've ever seen.

If tenthirty2 would have searched before he posted his wrong answer, we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

tenthirty2, you completely gave the wrong answer dude. Be a man and suck it up... and stop being such a smart ass.
Old 08-04-2007, 02:29 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Alright, that is enough. Let's let this go and either stick to answering the OP or not posting.

BTW, the simple answer is no, it is not easy and probably not possible to get a non-Sprint device on the Sprint network.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 08-04-2007, 04:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apache
Carrier: sprint

treeguy is a n00b
Sorry but I am in the yes it can be done group but it is kinda involved plan on reading and using google alot also it is hard to get the data connection up (havent got that...yet) You also need a prog called qpst google that with ppc 6700 and you will have a start. Also do not try this with a esn you do not own as you may end up somewhere nasty
and may get in trouble even if you do own the esn. This is not something to be tried by the casual user.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:05 PM
The Source of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by treeguy
Sorry but I am in the yes it can be done group but it is kinda involved plan on reading and using google alot also it is hard to get the data connection up (havent got that...yet) You also need a prog called qpst google that with ppc 6700 and you will have a start. Also do not try this with a esn you do not own as you may end up somewhere nasty
and may get in trouble even if you do own the esn. This is not something to be tried by the casual user.
While it is technically correct that it can be done, it is not a simple process. It involves using hacking programs that are not legal to possess (so I've been told when I tried to discuss them in another part of this forum). It involves changing your ESN, which is illegal even if you own the phone from which it legally came. It involves fraud and deception towards the provider of the phone service (in this case Sprint).

Don't get me wrong folks, I'm no Boy Scout. I won't say that I'm not interested in this process or that if I found it necessary for some reason, I wouldn't try it. I just want people to be aware of the difficulty and the [serious] risks. People may say that "it will never happen"- and they may be right- but anyone considering following the process should know what the consequences could be and weigh them against the cost of a $400 [maximum] phone.
Old 08-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Threadstarter

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
LOL well this is the reason I asked in the beginning. Thanks to all for your writing. I did search and read and was pretty much in the know already that the phone could be flashed for use. WHAT I DID not know was whether there was an easy flash that enabled the ESN to be valid or used. I do understand that this could possibly be "cloning" if I duplicated a non personally owned ESN. Therefore I will just sell this xv6700 and get a mogul or ppc6700 . I really just wanted to know if there was an EASY way to do it, but obviously not as the ESN issue is the true roadblock. As far as the rep who told me it was not impossible, of course they were off the record as far as official response. I figured in this group that would be a given but then again there are those smart A$$ out there who feel the need to be rude. I am new here but not an idiot . Too many times people treat noobs as dummies, well some of us are just inexperienced , and begin learning after others have already learned. So once again, thanks to all who replied except the one SMART A$$
who did not help at all and in the end proved to be an idiot.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache