PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2007, 10:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zentor is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AKU 3.5 Bluetooth Headset & Voice Command 1.6

Backgroud:

I recently switch from the Sprint standard rom to a clean and simple AKU 3.5 rom. On the Sprint standard install I was running voice command 1.5, but switched to 1.6 when I installed the AKU 3.5 rom.

Problem:

I use a mono head set (Plantronics 510). When I press and hold the actions button it activates voice command through the headset, but if I say for example play "Rock" it starts playing the music through the device speakers instead of the headset. With my previous setup it would play through the headset. I think it might have to do with the upgrade to voice command 1.6, but I am not really sure. I did also add a bluetooth toggle application to force the sound to the headset, but I was hoping I could get this to work without having to run an extra application.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Yes, it is due to the upgrade to VC 1.6. Look for an app called acbToggleBT. This will allow you to manually open the audio gateway.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 06-01-2007, 11:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

zentor is a n00b
I belive that is what I have currently, but then if I use voice command to move to the next track I have to click on the toggle application to get the sound back to the headset.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Yes, it is an unfortunate issue with VC 1.6. the app will close the gateway whenever it is done with a command.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

zentor is a n00b
Do you know if this is true even with a bluetooth stereo device? For example the bluetooth stereo headphone, which add the option in the bluetooth settings for stereo? Also do you feel it would be worth going back to 1.5 or is 1.6 much better?
Old 06-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Version 1.5 doesn't work on AKU 3 and up (I'm pretty sure it doesn't anyway), so it's not really an option. Many stereo headsets, though, have a next and previous track button on the headset. That may alleviate having to open the gateway frequently. Play rock, open gateway, change tracks by headset button.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache