PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Broadcom bluetooth stack

Downloaded from ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....0500_Test1.rar

Installed, turned PPC off for ten seconds and soft-reset as instructed. No matter what I try, I get a "not enough driver memory" error when I try to turn the radio on. Anyone gotten it to work?
Old 05-28-2007, 05:02 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Android
Carrier: Telkomsel

helmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuff
do you follow this step?
Instalation:
1. Deactive BT if it still active (If not will result Memory Error).
2. Copy APAC_BR176.0500_Testxxx.CAB to device and run it.
3. Turn off PPC for 10sec if neccesarry, then Reset PPC

what rom u hv? its working fine with my R3 test rom.
Old 05-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 6700-->6800-->BB Tour-->Pre-->Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

friguy3 is keeping up the good workfriguy3 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to friguy3 Send a message via Yahoo to friguy3
so what is the difference between this (Broadcom bluetooth stack) and the one that is installed now (?microsoft bt stack)? thanks...

Old 05-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Retired Staff

helmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuffhelmi_c knows their stuff
Simple, Microsoft bt stack is suck, and crappy bluetooth stack, Broadcomm is way way better and advance stack then ms bluetooth stack... The Speed (data transmission), A2DP (real A2DP experience), advance bt profile, File transfer, etc..

but for now, there's might be some issue with broadcomm stack since it was not design spesifically for Apache device (I hack/port it from Fujitsu Siemens T830 device), specialy the headset profile might still hv an issue... this is happens to all ported/hacked broadcomm stack for some device..
Old 05-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Yes I followed all of those directions to the letter. Sorry I should have mentioned that I am using your latest R3 ROM. I haven't tried a hard reset yet since I'm trying to avoid that.
Old 05-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

JBabey is just getting started
Send a message via ICQ to JBabey Send a message via AIM to JBabey Send a message via MSN to JBabey Send a message via Yahoo to JBabey Send a message via Skype™ to JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmi_c
Simple, Microsoft bt stack is suck, and crappy bluetooth stack, Broadcomm is way way better and advance stack then ms bluetooth stack... The Speed (data transmission), A2DP (real A2DP experience), advance bt profile, File transfer, etc..

but for now, there's might be some issue with broadcomm stack since it was not design spesifically for Apache device (I hack/port it from Fujitsu Siemens T830 device), specialy the headset profile might still hv an issue... this is happens to all ported/hacked broadcomm stack for some device..
Helmi, is this something I can directly add as an OEM package... or do i need to go in and remove the MS bluetooth stack completely before integrating?

and of course, I appreciate the effort on getting this ported to apache!
Old 05-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85
Yes I followed all of those directions to the letter. Sorry I should have mentioned that I am using your latest R3 ROM. I haven't tried a hard reset yet since I'm trying to avoid that.
hmm... normaly it shouldn't necesarry... I hv two suspicion... there's app which is conflicted/memory hog in ur device or the Instalation proccess is not work as it should... hmm... what app on ur device?
Old 05-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBabey
Quote:
Originally Posted by helmi_c

Helmi, is this something I can directly add as an OEM package... or do i need to go in and remove the MS bluetooth stack completely before integrating?

and of course, I appreciate the effort on getting this ported to apache!
I think Make an OEM pack for Broadcomm is better if we not activated it by default, but if we do need to activated it as a default then we need to modify/disable ms stack.

this is how to disable MS bt stack by OEM style:

Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Bluetooth]
"Redirect"=""
or
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Bluetooth]
"Redirect"="BTConfigCE.cpl"
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Bluetooth]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ExtModems\bluetooth_dcn]
[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ExtModems\bluetooth_dun]
remove A2DP OEM pack, and apply the registry from the installer.. this is all will be more simple with new kitchen method...

the minus sign (-) is to delete the registry, in this situation the MS Bluetooth part.

or we can disable it by proxml file, by extended_rom style or any app that will choose wich stack to use, if such a app is available (app for parser an XML file will do fine I think), it will make the APACHE device that will hv two switchable workin bluetooth stack just by softreset it to switch between them... Isn't cool?

btw it also can simply done by a XML file for switching it.. U might study my DisableBroadcom.cab contain... the mechanism of remove/add/modify a file or registry is there..

talkin about this issue is need a new thread I think.. cos Broadcomm oem is kinda complicated but fun think to complish...
Old 05-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I have a little over 30MB Program memory free on soft reset.

I forgot to mention that it automatically tries to turn bluetooth on every time I soft reset. Is there some registry setting to prevent this?

Other than the programs included in ROM I have installed Mocha VNC, Live Search, Pocket RAR, Flight (game), Links (golf), Call of Duty 2, WinMobile Torrent, Opera 8.65 beta, X-Button 1.5, NoviiRemote, Pocket Sudoku, and Total Commander.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:12 PM
Retired Staff

The memory u hv is good... hmm... please try to Uninstall (please follow the Uninstall instruction) and install it first... and see what happens, btw dont forget to de-activate the MS BT stack before installing broadcomm... if still stuck... I will make a new installer with difference method...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm85
I have a little over 30MB Program memory free on soft reset.

I forgot to mention that it automatically tries to turn bluetooth on every time I soft reset. Is there some registry setting to prevent this?

Other than the programs included in ROM I have installed Mocha VNC, Live Search, Pocket RAR, Flight (game), Links (golf), Call of Duty 2, WinMobile Torrent, Opera 8.65 beta, X-Button 1.5, NoviiRemote, Pocket Sudoku, and Total Commander.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache