PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2007, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Lazybones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Decoding .prj files from a providers nk.nbf

I wanted to create a Provider specific rom for Telus so I would not need to patch a different providers .prj. The problem is that when I used the HTC64 Extended ROM Tool.exe Decode function it appeared that the data was corrupt or in the wrong character set or something.

Anyone have any ideas or a .prj for Telus?
Old 05-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Yeah the reason why it comes up scrambled (and the reason why I didn't include a Telus .prj in the kitchen) is because the only Telus ROM available on UTStarcom's web site is encrypted. The same goes for Cellular South.

So here is how you can find out your carrier code:

1. Go into the kitchen "Convert and Flash" folder and into the "Flash utils" subfolder. Find the "GetDeviceData.exe" file and copy it over to your device.

2. From your device, navigate to the GetDeviceData.exe using File Explorer (or similar app) and tap on it with the stylus. Nothing will appear to happen--that is normal.

3. Go into your \Windows directory and look for a new text file called "DeviceData.txt" Don't open the file on your device. Instead, copy it over to your PC and open it there (using Notepad). It will look somewhat scrambled but somewhere near the top you should see something like TELUS_001. That is your operator ID, and is the only thing that is needed to make a .prj file for your carrier.

4. Simply open up any existing .prj file from the kitchen in Notepad and paste in the exact carrier string from DeviceData.txt in place of the existing operator ID in the file. Make sure that it is exactly eight characters long. Then save the file as Telus.prj

Please post your operator ID here (same goes for Cellular South and any other carrier we are missing .prj files for). We will include those .prj files in the next version of the kitchen to benefit everyone.

Thanks. Let me know if you have any questions about this process.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lazybones is a n00b
Well I guess this would also mean I would need to flash back to the Telus rom first as well. (currently it shows UTSI_001 which I assume is part of the noID flash process)

Hmm maybe next time I am rebuilding I will do that..
Old 05-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)
Carrier: Sprint

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Nope, you don't need to flash back--flashing a ROM using the noid utility does not change the operator ID of your device. I just assumed it would have the name Telus in the operator ID but come to think of it the Telus Apache is branded as UTStarcom on the front isn't it? I think UTSI_001 is in fact the Telus operator ID.

So that's great! Go ahead and make a rom using the .prj file I attached (or make your own using that operator ID) and use the regular flash utility (not the noid one) and see if it flashes. If it does then you're good to go. If the operator ID isn't correct then you will know immediately (will get the country code error).
Attached Files
File Type: zip telus_211.zip (204 Bytes, 6 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Lazybones is a n00b
Aww good point, and yes the Telus unit does have UTstarcom branding on the front.

Well I JUST flashed a few days ago so I am not too keen on doing it again so soon but at least I know what to do next, and maybe this will help others.
Old 11-11-2007, 12:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

Jeff_Birt is a n00b
Project File for Embarq

Here is a project file for Embarq. The operator ID was obtained as described by luv2chill, from my Embarq (division of Sprint) 6700.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Embarq.zip (215 Bytes, 8 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache