PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Saridnours’ AKU 3.5+ Rom. Current 3/28 v3.5pr6 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3517)

saridnour 03-29-2007 01:29 AM

Saridnours’ AKU 3.5+ Rom. Current 10/06 v3.5pr8

This in an old thread. Please see the latest thread at: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...7720#post97720
This is a hybrid of AKU 3.5 and WM6. Current Version 3.5pr8 (10-06@6:555M PST)

Things of intrest:
- SPEED and STABILITY!!
- Speed tweaks
- Internet sharing - Working BT PAN (added pr6)
- ## codes working in Dialer
- Smartdialer working
- WM6 sounds
- WM6 splash and theme (Crossbow theme default)
- WMP WM6 theme
- new today tsk themes (Silo photo shot by me 8))
- new alarms
- .net cf2
- wmodem (working IRDA)
- GPS icon in settings
- 2*A2DP audio fix
- Nullkeyboard SIP
- Updated fonts (added PR6)
Apps:
- Wisebar Lite (trial) task management and start menu addon <-NICE!!
- 1*MS Voice command integrated (exe missing, see below)
- New MS WM6 RDP client
- XPdf app
-"MS Reader" eBook (added PR6)
- MortPlayer and set default for mp3,m3u (added PR6)
- Adobe Flash
- RAR
- tetris clone game
- Bejeweled game (Trial)
- pNotepad
- vjcandelite
- XCPUscaler (trial)
- tcpmp .071 w/ac3
- clear temp app

PR6 Changes:
- Fixed soft reset hang issue
- removed bad/orphaned reg entries to speed things up
- added fixed bt pan to internet sharing
- Added mort player and set default for mp3,m3u
- added mortplayer skin "mypod" as default and set flat in wind dir.
- added missing .net cf v1 files that was causing some apps to fail
- added "ms reader" eBook app
- Set max/min bitpool 80/50 variable scaling
- Set cleartemp to run at startup, set cleartemp express icon in start
- re organized start menu and added cascading menus for office, media, system and online.
- revised Today date on one line.
- reset TCPMP to prior build
- Turned off cleartype everywhere
- Turned off sync time from carrier
- fixed ringtone listings
- set CEcamander to hide files in rom by default
- changed xcpuscalar to max speed by default 520mhz (no scaling).
- Fixed VC issue with bt headset bt should activate vc.
- set wavedev priority to 95
- added Nullkeyboard
- added fonts "trebuc.ttf, trebucbd.ttf"
- removed attributes for calendar shortcut and link.

Download the latest ROM here: ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....KU3.5+_pr8.rar

To install, uncompress the .RAR package. Place your device in boot loader mode and run the MaUpgradeUt_noID.exe to get the install going. Do a hard reset after the update conculdes. (both soft buttons held while re-setting, not what is depicted in the app). Also set the date and time on the welcome screen. Not sure but the trials may expire when you later update the date/time.

Notes:
Everything is set to load at start that needs to be running (with the exception of *voice command, see below). So Wisbar will load at start and use the settings I found to work well.

I removed everything that I felt was junk which includes the MSN apps, help files, doc templates, sample images, and other non-useful junk (at least junk to me). There was a lot removed.

*NOTE1: Voice command had the EXE removed as this is commercial software. All you need to do is copy your EXE in to the windows dir, create a shortcut to the startup folder and map your button to the exe (recomend using button #5.

*NOTE2: The A2DP has changed for PR6 (PR4-PR5sp1 have the alternate values listed below) the new values here have been reset for use with MortPlayer and will casue WMP to skip at the begining of each song as it loads device.exe at 99% cpu usage for the first 20 seconds of playback. Other media players do not do this and is why I have Mort now set as default. If you want to use media player I recomend the following changes:
Remove reg keys:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2 DP\Settings]
"MaxSupportedBitPool"=dword:00000050
"MinSupportedBitPool"=dword:00000032

(These allow the system to scale the quality based on the source)
Then add:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\A2 DP\Settings]
"Bitpool"=dword:0000001e

Decimal values range from 58-30 (Highest to lowest)
Basicly this will hard set the quality of the audio at 34. I picked the value that worked without skipping nearly 100% of the time in WMP. This value can be raised if you do not notice skipping or if you use another app.

Earlier release history:
PR2 Updates/Fixes:
- Fixed .net cf2 and is now working.
- Speed tweaks
- added GPS icon in settings.
- Removed battery and rotate icons in services bar
- Set new default values for some items (ringers, backlight, homepage, etc)
- fixed screen rotate in wisebar to correct direction by default
- Enabled ClearType
- removed weather plugin as it was in by mistake.

PR3 Updates/Fixes:
Note: Not released, basic cleanup build. Changes rolled into pr4

PR4 Updates/Fixes:
- Speed Fixes (Should now be as fast or faster than 3.3)
- New ##dialer app (thanks lightsail!, untested as last minute add-in)
- 2*A2DP audio fix for skipping in first seconfs of song. (See notes Below)
- Removal of un-needed .net cf1 reg entries and dll's
- Updated version of Clear Temp.
- Removed xcpuscalar from startup. (It was indicated that it should only be used to overclock when needed as power draw negated its use.)
- Removal of additional orphaned files

PR5 Updates/Fixes:
- ## codes now work in dialer
- Fixed "add to contacts" from call history
- Removed SPB imageer trial
- Removed ## Dialer app as now working in phone dialer
- Fixed Smartdialer
- Added Xpdf app.
- Added Adobe Flash
- added back solitare game (original graphics)
- CECMD now has Extended_Rom in hotlist (click url area to bring up)
- Crossbow theme default on today screen
- WMP Crossbow theme
- Slight edit to dialer skin
- SMS delivery notice is off by default
- Button 5 fix reviesed to work when locked
- Voice Command fix for WMP
- Fixed Shortcuts
- Fixed Welcome screen top title bar
- Fixed Notes to be launched from dialpad
- Fixed pOutlook address lookup auto-complete
- cleartype enabled by default in all modes, quality 2.

Other versions and patches:
PR1 = ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....KU3.5+_pr1.rar

PR2 = ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....KU3.5+_pr2.rar

PR4= ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....KU3.5+_pr4.rar

sar_AKU3.5+_pr4 SP1 update cab = ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....5+_pr4_SP1.cab
It will make the following changes:
1- MS VC media player control fix
2- VC BT gateway fix (allows headset to call up vc)
3- Enable cleartype in landscape, quality 2.
4- added link for notes to start menu
5- added solitare back in and set link in games w/updated graphics.
6- Change AKU version info to reflect patch install ("SAR.3.5.pr4sp1")
NOTE: A hard reset will clear the sp1 addtions. If you hard reset you will need to re-install the cab just like any other app or patch.

PR5= ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....KU3.5+_pr5.rar

sar_AKU3.5+_pr5 SP1 update cab = ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks....5+_pr5_SP1.cab Make sure to turn off Wisbar before installing!
- Wisbarlite v1.1.0.11 update
- BT PAN is now functional
- A2DP now using real stereo and not joint (better sound)
- Updated and missing GAC files
- Null keyboard
- Correction to ring files list
- Fix for BT working with Voice Command over headset
- Updates version information to pr5sp1

Ok that being said, let me know what you find as I have been testing with my registerd app version and not this buid. Although they are very similar things could differ. Also if you see any personal data or registration in any app please let me know so I may get it removed. There were a lot of changes in the registry and I had to merge my addtions to the new registry hives for 3.5.

Again a big THANK YOU to everyone that made this build possible with all your hard work with the kitchen and testing of build after build :)

-saridnour

schwos 03-29-2007 01:39 AM

Vang:

I couldn't find where I found these before but I have these set in custom CAB file I run that loads all my licenses and settings upon a hard reset and these are my notes:

DSOD RELATED IMPROVMENTS

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\SDBusDriver
PowerUpPollingInterval - 2 (Dword)
PowerUpPollingTime - 2000 (Dword)

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\States \Suspend
dsk1 - 2 (DWORD)
Prevents the SD Card from going into suspend; the main cause of DSOD
cam1 - 4 (DWORD)
Forces the camera to turn off during suspend, saving power.

PERFORMANCE RELATED IMPROVMENTS

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\States \Unattended
wav1 - 2 (DWORD)
Prevents the sound card from turning off while the unit is unattended mode.

HKLM\Drivers\SDCARD\ClientDrivers\Class\SDMemory_C lass
*BlockTransferSize - 64 (Dword)
*If you experience skipping audio try 32 or 16.
Specifies the maximum amount of blocks to send per bus transfer.
*SingleBlockWrites - 1 (Dword)
*Optional, may help with skipping video when recording to SD.
This over rides BlockTransferSize and forces the driver to use single block transfers.

saridnour 03-29-2007 01:48 AM

BTW, I did not make any DST changes to the ROM. Every error I have heard about was with people appling the DST fix (calendars off by an hour, etc) By manualy changing the time, nothing gets horked so I am leaving this as is. This could be an issue on the original DST day (time may get reset by an hour) but if it does it will only change the time and not the calendar times. Also the time Sync with the carrier was disabled and this was leading some to see an incorrct change in the new offical DST day. Some did report that it did correctly update (I was sync'd with sprints time which was an hour off so it was forced to an incorrect time).

-saridnour

schwos 03-29-2007 01:49 AM

saridnour;

Could we get some clarification if you installed the Windows DST patch within PR6 or is this a necessary CAB we should run? Thanks and again excellent work...

saridnour 03-29-2007 02:01 AM

schwos: we may have posted about the same time. Did you see my responce above or did you need additional details on top of that?

-saridnour

gof 03-29-2007 02:21 AM

Let me be (one of) the first to congradulate you on an awsome build and extend a major THANK YOU from all of us :lol:

mgioia2 03-29-2007 07:36 AM

Flashing now! WOOHHHOOOO!!!!

gof 03-29-2007 08:14 AM

saridnour,

Any chance you might share your current EXTRom changes for Sprint? I'd like to minimize the junk without causing any issues and eliminate any SD stability concerns.

Trident 03-29-2007 09:02 AM

@Saridnour:
Are you using Wisbar Lite again or are you using the full WisbarAdvance2?

@gof:
There are Sprint extROMs around this forum that have been shared by a few people. I'm using one now! Search for "Sprint", "nojunk" or "extROM" or something like that.

@Schwos:
I'd love to be able to create a CAB that loads all my licenses/settings. How does one do that?

mgioia2 03-29-2007 09:11 AM

Okay, i'm not sure what happened to the ringtones, but here's my problem...

There is no "set as ringtone" option in file explorer anymore...

And when i put a ringtone into the \windows\rings folder it shows up in the sounds and notifications as a ringtone option but won't play???

romulus15 03-29-2007 09:44 AM

Saridnour...awesome job. I just loaded your 3.5 image when I got my phone replaced (dropped a power brick on it somehow, good thing for insurance).

I am going to be loading PR6 today, but have a few questions.

1) It takes forever (about 8 seconds) to load all my contacts. During this time, I'm not able to scroll down the list as it keeps jumping back up to the top. I only have about 150 contacts in the list, sorted by company. I didn't notice this behavior on the Verizon image. Not a huge deal, but just wondering if anyone else notices this.

2) How in the heck do I get MMS back on here? I load your image, kill the Verizon ExtROM load, and manually add the 2 MMS packages, but I never get the MMS inbox. I've compared whatever settings I can find from your image and my old phone's registry, and everything appears to be the same. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

Van G 03-29-2007 10:08 AM

Schwos, I'll give those a try.

Would it make sense to create a single post of additional mod's that are working with Sardinour's build?

dbol 03-29-2007 10:19 AM

I've been waiting for PR6 for a little while now, and now that its finally here, I'm going to be installing my first custom ROM -- yours... I wanted to double check the steps though...

1. Install your AKU3.5
2. Soft Reset at some point during the install, so the Extended ROM does not run.
3. Unlock the Extended ROM (which I'm guessing is already loaded onto the unit, after the AKU3.5
4. Manually install cab files deemed necessary.

I found a post of yours in the 32 page thread that says to install these 3 cabs:

Cert_SPCS.CAB
Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB
IOTA.sa.CAB

Those cabs are for the Sprint ROM, I use Verizon... are the names that similar that I will easily be able to identify them? If I load only those 3 cabs, will I get MMS? Is MMS part of your ROM, or the extended ROM? or both?!

mattdb 03-29-2007 10:29 AM

Cleartype

Great ROM, thanks for the hardwork.

I had to disable cleartype in the screen settings.

Matt

bacspasm 03-29-2007 11:16 AM

Looks great

Saridnour, thanks for this new version, I will be flashing this one in minutes..

jendand 03-29-2007 11:45 AM

I just regret that my day job is getting in the way of pr6. :(

Is it off topic to point out a way to support ppcgeeks that I had been unaware of? If so, I apologize. But the recent down time makes me want to offer some kind of support. Here's one way. I quote from another thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideawake
3. Do you shop at amazon.com? If so you can shop through our affilate store which is available here and costs you nothing to shop through.
~Mike

Wideawake mentions some other ways, but the Amazon affiliate struck me as a really good way to contribute.

Here's that link again:

PPCGEEKS Amazon Affiliate

--jendand

schoenof 03-29-2007 12:38 PM

Time sync problem

saridnour and all...

I found this on the unified rom project discussion...and have verified it myself...

"The initial setup wizard does not implement timezones with the 2007 Daylight Savings Time. As a result, after a hard reset, go into Settings\System\Clock & Alarms once in order to set the timezone properly. (Reference: bug 12) "

It explains the inconsistencies we have seen with people syncing to the phone network...I have verified that this fixes my time syncing issues with Sprint...

Thanks!

schoenof

toviaheli 03-29-2007 12:43 PM

"I couldn't find where I found these before but I have these set in custom CAB file I run that loads all my licenses and settings upon a hard reset..."

I've been meaning to do this and finally have the time. Can anyone point me to a tutorial?

saridnour 03-29-2007 01:13 PM

gof: I do not use a custom extended. I just load the three cabs from default extended (sprint) 1-Cert_SPCS.CAB, 2-Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB, 3-IOTA.sa.CAB. Never had a real need to make a custom cab since my custom changes are in the rom :)

Trident: Wisbar lite. latest rev. It does most of what advanced does at the core level for the average user at a much smaller footprint and cost.

mgioia2: I will have to look at this. I have not added any tones but did check through the defaults. Does anyone else see this? Can you play your added tones with TCPMP? The ringtone change I made was one line of reg data that removed names of ringtones that were removed so it should not effect adding tones.

dbol: Follow the install steps in the first post just under the link. In a nutshell you did list other steps that needed to go along with these. But roughly -set to bootloader mode -install the using the exe -hardreset -let load, provision then soft reset when the unatended install warning screen displays -manualy install your cabs form the extended (extended is listed in the hotlist of Total Comander if you dbl click the uri area btw) As to which cabs, youll need to look around for what VZW requires. I would only load what is required unless you know you need another feature. SMS is in the rom MMS I don't use and have not tested. From what I understood that was not available on the sprint network, but I could be wrong here.

mattdb: Cleartype should be off..did you have to uncheck the dialog box or what did you have to disable? I may have missed a key in the PR6 reg port from my R6 release.

schoenof: I take it that this is set in UI only and not in the system reg than? This did work up unitl DST. Mine does display the correct TZ but after setting it again and setting time sync it is back to what it should be (not sur eif it was still out prior to changing it) but I only set it to what it was before in the ui.

toviaheli: I do not know of a tutorial, but jsut get a copy of cecabmanager from the file section. Its a trial but should get you buy. Open up a current cab file and see how it is organised. You should be able to build up your won custom cab based off the cabs that your looking at. It really is easy once you get in and dig around. :)

-saridnour

mgioia2 03-29-2007 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saridnour
[

mgioia2: I will have to look at this. I have not added any tones but did check through the defaults. Does anyone else see this? Can you play your added tones with TCPMP? The ringtone change I made was one line of reg data that removed names of ringtones that were removed so it should not effect adding tones.

-saridnour

Yup, they play in MortPlayer and TCPMP no problem. They show up under the option, but don't play when i press the play button in the sounds and notifications. They when i do try to just press OK and set it anyway, if refreshes the screen and puts the ring back to the original OldPhone ring.

saridnour 03-29-2007 01:32 PM

mgioia2: I had seen this in a dev build a while back when the codec wasn't setup right. This is what happens when it sees a file it should be able to play but can't. Are these files you used on another rom? Pr5?

-saridnour

romulus15 03-29-2007 01:45 PM

Sar...any idea about what's going on with my issues? I'm sure you're busy getting caught up on the boards.

Thanks.

mgioia2 03-29-2007 01:48 PM

Quote:

mgioia2: I had seen this in a dev build a while back when the codec wasn't setup right. This is what happens when it sees a file it should be able to play but can't. Are these files you used on another rom? Pr5?

-saridnour

Yup, worked yesterday with PR5 SP1, flashed PR6 this morning and nothing.

LadySaat 03-29-2007 02:08 PM

Hey this thing looks way awesome... This is the first time I've ever flashed a ROM onto my phone (well flashing anything to be honest) I'm kind of confused. I have a Sprint 6700 yellow logo phone. Now that I've hard reset, flashed the ROM in boot loader, hard reset again before ExtROM ran, my phone says EV up on top but when I try to connect to the internet it won't. It tells me I need to change my settings and set up a connection. How do I get my phone to go back to using my Sprint EVDO for internet if I don't want to use WIFI right then?

RuBiCaNT 03-29-2007 02:12 PM

So far this rom looks great! I like the arrangement you have done with the start menu and programs.

maximum360 03-29-2007 02:22 PM

Thank you. I'll apply the update as soon as I get home.

:D

mattdb 03-29-2007 02:39 PM

Quote:

mattdb: Cleartype should be off..did you have to uncheck the dialog box or what did you have to disable? I may have missed a key in the PR6 reg port from my R6 release.

-saridnour

I had to uncheck it on the dialog box. Also I couldn't remove flashlight and totalcommander from the menu with from settings. I had to manually delete them.

valenciag 03-29-2007 02:54 PM

Pocket MSN

I installed it and its not working. I had it working on pr5 and b4. Did anything change?

LadySaat 03-29-2007 03:11 PM

I found a post in the middle of the other thread, got EVDO working normally. Where are the MMS packages mentioned above? I searched and found a few methods (here and elsewhere for re enabling that for Sprint) but I don't want to do something that screws with the ROM you made. I've looked through the package I DL from the thread here and there are a few .exe files in it but I don't see one with MMS in the name.

Sorry for the dumb questions but I am learning as I go (first time)

Thanks for the hard work and the ROM! This is too cool :D

mgioia2 03-29-2007 03:27 PM

You should be able to get the MMS .cab from the FTP here...just make sure you find the one for Sprint...

ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@up.ppcgeeks.com/

saridnour 03-29-2007 04:25 PM

romulus15: Sorry about that I overlooked your earlier post when replying... Sorry to hear you broke your phone but insurance is key for these things.. more so when messing with ROMs :) Not sure about what is happening with your contacts. I only have about 50 and do not see this. You might want to try another ROM version and see if it happens there since you are going to re-flash anyhow. If your still seeing it with PR6 and not on another let me know and Ill see if I can dig anything up. As to MMS, I donlt use it. There is a cab you can load from the files section that will enable mms from my understanding but I have not used or tested it and do not know it's state with this rom.

mgioia2: PM me a copy of one of your ringers that your having an issue with and I will see what happens on my end along with the ringers I removed.

mattdb: Ill take a look at the reg and see if something was missed. Ill also make a not to recheck on the next hard reset as it was all off... As to the links not being able to be removed, it may be the attributes on the link. Again Ill have to look at the dump and see what they are set at. Thansk for the info. Ill see what I can do with thes for the next release since they really don't break anything.

LadySaat: Glad to hear its working now. For the MMS, look in the downloads section listed in the header below the PPCGeeks name or from the ftp that mgioia2 listed below your post.

-saridnour

pdx77 03-29-2007 05:24 PM

Thanks for this release, I've noticed it to be a bit faster than sp5 (didn't think it would be possible as sp5 was fast enough)

Keep up the good work and enjoy the sun today :) (It's nice and sunny down here in Portland)

romulus15 03-29-2007 05:48 PM

Sar...thanks. I loaded your PR6 and got the MMS working this time. Don't know what happened last time. Contacts are still slow loading when set in view by company. Load fine when viewed by name. I dunno, no big deal. When I get around to trying another ROM, I'll let you know.

I see you set the CPU to run at 520. I noticed that at 520MHz, the audio files start to tear and break up. I always set it back to 416.

In general it kind of seems like this build is just a bit slower than PR5-SP1. Sometimes opening the start menu after a little bit takes a second or so. No big deal though, it's still loads faster than any official release.

The one other thing I noticed with this build is that it won't play my mp3's as ring tones anymore. It loads the files in the drop down list, but will not play them. They play fine in Mort, Media Player and TCPMP. Any ideas why they might not play anymore? Worked fine in PR5. Maybe the changes made to the registery?

I really appreciate the work you're doing.

Thanks.

mgioia2 03-29-2007 06:05 PM

Nevermind Saridnour i found the issue...

All the file types you had associated with Mort wouldn't give me the option "set as ringtone", but the others would. So i opened Mort and unchecked the associate Mp3 option and presto, ringtones work fine now!

Thanks!

saridnour 03-29-2007 06:07 PM

romulus15: "mgioia2" was seeing the same issue. I am going to take a look at it. Sounds like a codec may be an issue but Ill need to dig into it. With xscalar CPU I can run at 650 without any issues. I only took it to 520 as many people voiced they wnated it defaulting a bit slower. All in all its just a default so we can just set it where we like it. Waht app were you seeing the audio break up in, I would like to test it on my end? As to the speed, its more than likely the menu. cascading take a bit more to load and the first load take a bitm ore time (also when the device is being tasked) Did you use cascading in pr5? All in all the speed is faster in pr6 from my testing and others comments. EDIT: see reply to mgioia2 and his post above for details on the mp3 ringtones.

pdx77: Glad your liking the rom so far.. yes nice and sunny here for one more day then back to rain. Guess my repro testing may need to be put off until then ;) Mow the lawn or work on the PPC.. I know what the other half will say.. LOL.

mgioia2: are you saying de-asociating mort from the mp3's allow them to play as a ringtone??? Thats interesting if so. I may know why as I believe the asociation was just a little different that how TCPMP did it. I may be able to set it another way to get around this if this indeed is the case. Interesting as the mort associations were done by mort and I just copied the changes...

-saridnour

mgioia2 03-29-2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

romulus15: "mgioia2" was seeing the same issue. I am going to take a look at it. Sounds like a codec may be an issue but Ill need to dig into it. With xscalar CPU I can run at 650 without any issues. I only took it to 520 as many people voiced they wnated it defaulting a bit slower. All in all its just a default so we can just set it where we like it. Waht app were you seeing the audio break up in, I would like to test it on my end? As to the speed, its more than likely the menu. cascading take a bit more to load and the first load take a bitm ore time (also when the device is being tasked) Did you use cascading in pr5? All in all the speed is faster in pr6 from my testing and others comments. EDIT: see reply to mgioia2 and his post above for details on the mp3 ringtones.

pdx77: Glad your liking the rom so far.. yes nice and sunny here for one more day then back to rain. Guess my repro testing may need to be put off until then ;) Mow the lawn or work on the PPC.. I know what the other half will say.. LOL.

mgioia2: are you saying de-asociating mort from the mp3's allow them to play as a ringtone??? Thats interesting if so. I may know why as I believe the asociation was just a little different that how TCPMP did it. I may be able to set it another way to get around this if this indeed is the case. Interesting as the mort associations were done by mort and I just copied the changes...

-saridnour

Yup, as soon as i de-associated mp3's from Mort, i went to my storage card, held down the stylus on the song, and magically "set as ringtone" appeared...

valenciag 03-29-2007 06:32 PM

Hi,

Its probably not as important as the other stuff happening but I would like to find out why the pocket msn isnt working. I added it the same way as i did in the other roms.

Thanks,

mmicha 03-29-2007 06:33 PM

CommManager - Softkey Map

Saridnour,

Great job as always!

I am noticing an issue when starting / using CommManager, the softkeys at the bottom are mapped to Notification on the left and Contacts on the right (both which are not functional). I thought I remember a settings option before?

Are these mismapped? I tried a hard reset and installed SAP6 a second time with the same results. Perhaps there is a registry change that can alleviate this?

Please let me know if I am the only one experiencing this issue.

Thanks in advance!,

Michael

BrunerMA 03-29-2007 06:34 PM

Quote:

gof: I do not use a custom extended. I just load the three cabs from default extended (sprint) 1-Cert_SPCS.CAB, 2-Customize_SPCS.sa.CAB, 3-IOTA.sa.CAB. Never had a real need to make a custom cab since my custom changes are in the rom :)

Trident: Wisbar lite. latest rev. It does most of what advanced does at the core level for the average user at a much smaller footprint and cost.

dbol: Follow the install steps in the first post just under the link. In a nutshell you did list other steps that needed to go along with these. But roughly -set to bootloader mode -install the using the exe -hardreset -let load, provision then soft reset when the unatended install warning screen displays -manualy install your cabs form the extended (extended is listed in the hotlist of Total Comander if you dbl click the uri area btw) As to which cabs, youll need to look around for what VZW requires. I would only load what is required unless you know you need another feature. SMS is in the rom MMS I don't use and have not tested. From what I understood that was not available on the sprint network, but I could be wrong here.

schoenof: I take it that this is set in UI only and not in the system reg than? This did work up unitl DST. Mine does display the correct TZ but after setting it again and setting time sync it is back to what it should be (not sur eif it was still out prior to changing it) but I only set it to what it was before in the ui.

toviaheli: I do not know of a tutorial, but jsut get a copy of cecabmanager from the file section. Its a trial but should get you buy. Open up a current cab file and see how it is organised. You should be able to build up your won custom cab based off the cabs that your looking at. It really is easy once you get in and dig around. :)

-saridnour

Sar:
This is a pretty cool ROM. I was also under the impression you used the custom ROM; however, I had the unlock.exe and the PPC Geeks Extended ROM unlock.cab (whatever the file name) and found you didn't and that it still had my personal customized Extended ROM(from another custom ROM).

Now, since I don't have the standard Sprint (my carrier), Extended ROM, are there any cabs beyond what you have installed that you would recommend me to reinstall (I have access to the Sprint ROM cabs) so I can have basic functionality or do you cover pretty much everything *required* here?

romulus15 03-29-2007 06:45 PM

Sar...I can verify mgioia2's statement, removing the associatation with Mort allows the mp3 ringtones to work. Wierd.

The breakups must have been a random occurance. I can't seem to get it to happen again.

You must have a good phone...I can't seem to get mine to run at 624. Locks up every time.

I've also just noticed that new emails that arrive arn't getting any notifications applied. No audio, no led.

In PR5 I ran the default menu you provided. Although with PR6 running at 520MHz, everything seems to be normal speed.