PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Saridnours’ AKU 3.5+ Rom. Current 3/28 v3.5pr6 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=3517)

PolloLoco 07-23-2007 06:41 AM

I've installed the Beta - and so far I think it runs great. There's a few bugs which I'll list below, but overall - the benefits are excellent. Including the radio rom update, I'm getting 1 to 2 bars better reception so far. My BT stereo headset is playing at a higher value than before without skipping.

The bugs I've noticed so far:

1. *228 won't work with Verizon yet. Based on a separate thread, this seems to be a consistent problem with 3.5 ROM's. I'll keep trying.

2. Wisbar menus - The text is missing on the tabs at the bottom. No big deal.

3. ADBWeather - Similarly, the text on some of the tabs was missing during installation. Now that it's set up, it's not a problem.

4. Blade's PP6700 hacks program used to be included correct? It's no longer there - but I think it's been removed from the list. So I installed it on my own.

5. As Saridnour posted - PIE+'s registration runs out immediately on first installation.

6. The time doesn't stay in the time zone you establish upon the stock Rom's install. Changing it manually seems to work fine.

7. Bubble breaker now seems to work fine - it didn't work for me in the previous version of this ROM.

So far so good. The Verizon programming number is the only issue I'm slightly worried about. I'll continue to post comments on this thread as I work with my phone.

prettytonydotnet 07-23-2007 10:12 AM

HEEEEELP! MY 6700 IS STUCK ON THE SERIAL SCREEN AFTER I FLASHED THTE ROM WITH PR6......SOMEBODY...ANYBODY...........

prettytonydotnet 07-23-2007 10:22 AM

SARIDNOUR I WOULD LIKE TO TRY IT OUT FOR YOU, HOWEVER, MY DEVICE IS STUCK ON THE SERIAL SCREEN...BUT AS SOON AS I FIX IT, I WILL..BY THE WAY, I FLASHED IT WITH YOUR PR6.I WAS ALREADY RUNNING PR6 WITH NO PROBS, BUT I WANTED TO INSTALL AN IPHONE INTERFACE SO I THOUGHT I WOULD DO A FRESH FLASH AND THEN INSTALL IT...BUT ON THE COMPLETE WINDOW WHERE IT SAYS REMOVE YOUR DEVICE..AFTER I TAKE IT OUT OF THE CRADLE, IT JUST STAYS BLACK WHEN I ATTEMPT TO RESTART IT......HELLLLLLLLLLLP!

PolloLoco 07-23-2007 10:40 AM

Good news! I was able to get my phone programmed at work. I failed 3X at home, but I was able to run *228 today at work twice with no problems.

I'd read that often times you need an excellent connection to program your phone - but I had 3 bars at home. Regardless, my connection at work has full bars and consistent EV-Do, so it was not a problem at all.

On a side note - I tried installing OnLock Pro, but just looking at it wrong causes it to lock up my phone (not in the good way). It previously ran OK on PR6 - but not great, so I think I'm just going to get rid of it. I just have to make space on my today screen for the stock device lock.

Also - under "windows, personal, menus" - flashlite is listed twice and total commander is listed 3 times.

thisguyinoc 07-23-2007 10:14 PM

Saridnour,

Any chance you can add this new contacts manager into the next release? It's pretty sick and I have heard nothing but good things about it, and its free and a small footprint too.

http://www.pocketcm.com/

Thanks!

prettytonydotnet 07-23-2007 10:57 PM

SARIDNOUR...OR SOMEONE.....I NEED SOME ASSISTANCE..I DIDNT SEE THE REQUEST FOR ME TO PUT MY 6700 IN BOOTLOGGER MODE AND I PUT IT IN THE CRADLE AND WENT THROUGH THE ROM UNGRADE..BUT NOW MY DEVICE IS STUCK ON THE BLACK SCREEN AND SAYS SERIAL..CAN ANYONE HELP ME OUT..MAN MY PHONE DOES NOT DO ANYTHING AT ALL...EVEN WHEN I TRY A HARD RESET, IT ASKS ME IF I WANT TO GO BACK THE THE ORIGINAL ROM AND WHEN I SAY YES, AS SOON AS I HIT THE SPACE BAR...NOTHING ....BACK TO THE SERIAL SCREEN...IM LOSING IT OVER HERE..SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE...I DID USE THE MAGIC WORD DIDNT I...LOL...

saridnour 07-23-2007 11:07 PM

PolloLoco: Blade's PP6700 hacks has not been included. PIE+'s registration should be ok if you set the date/time prior to loading IE after a hard reset. Bubble breaker should not have ever had issues. It may have been a 3rd party app problem. What time zone are you in? The carrier sync should correct and update the time for you, did this not happen?

thisguyinoc: Ill take a look at it, but its a little late in the game to add items so it may not mke it in.

prettytonydotnet: try a hard reset then reload the last carrier rom. That should get you back to the OS. Then you can put the device in bootloader mode and re-install PR6.

-saridnour

prettytonydotnet 07-24-2007 12:49 AM

I DONT KNOW WHAT AN AST; ROM IS OR WHERE IT IS FOR THAT MATTER.....

prettytonydotnet 07-24-2007 01:00 AM

I WOULD LIKE TO TRY YOUR PR8 TO, MAN I SWEAR BY YOUR ROMS...LOL...
BUT REALLY, ;AST ROM? I DID TRY TO GET THE SPRINT ROM FROM FROM UTSTARCOM BUT IT WAS NOT AVAILABLE....SO I DONT KNOW WHERE ELSE TO GO TO FIND ONE....HELL I EVEN TRIED TO INSTALL A SPRINT ROM FROM PHOENX06 BUT STILL NOTHING....

saridnour 07-24-2007 03:55 AM

prettytonydotnet: I do hope you caught that that was a typo. I corrected the original post. Just check with your carrier and get the last full rom update. You need the full rom (radio and os). That should fix you up. There are other threads on here with the same issue if you need more detail as this is not rom specific.

Also note: ALL CAPS = SHOUTING!

-saridnour