PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2008, 12:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
got my 6800 today

So as everyone knows I particularly do not like WM6(.1) on a 67 and there are many reasons for this and mainly because the hardware on the 67 cannot fully take advantage of what WM6(.1) has to offer but I am not against WM6(.1) so lemme make that clear. With that being said, I got my 68 today.

For those who have been trying to upgrade from the 67 to the 68 by means of insurance, I will explain how mine happened.

I filed my claim online and they sent me a new 67. It worked great but then I realized the vibe motor worked when it wanted to and not when I needed it to. So I called up Ashurion (sp) and gave my complain. The CSR apologized and said they would send out another 67. But when I told her I had the same issue from the last one the sent (true) and from the original I got from VZW (true again) she said they could either send out a Treo 700 or a 6800 and thus I chose the 68.

So maybe some of you can do the same. it only cost me my $50 and a week. Both phones were sent overnight BTW via DHL.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC ARRIVE
Carrier: sprint

dthames is just getting started
Re: got my 6800 today

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post
So as everyone knows I particularly do not like WM6(.1) on a 67 and there are many reasons for this and mainly because the hardware on the 67 cannot fully take advantage of what WM6(.1) has to offer but I am not against WM6(.1) so lemme make that clear. With that being said, I got my 68 today.

For those who have been trying to upgrade from the 67 to the 68 by means of insurance, I will explain how mine happened.

I filed my claim online and they sent me a new 67. It worked great but then I realized the vibe motor worked when it wanted to and not when I needed it to. So I called up Ashurion (sp) and gave my complain. The CSR apologized and said they would send out another 67. But when I told her I had the same issue from the last one the sent (true) and from the original I got from VZW (true again) she said they could either send out a Treo 700 or a 6800 and thus I chose the 68.

So maybe some of you can do the same. it only cost me my $50 and a week. Both phones were sent overnight BTW via DHL.
Yea I am on my 6th one in the past 4 months and this one has a broken led flash. So I will prolly go today or tomorrow and try and see if I can get upgraded to a 6900. I thought you had purchased an unlocked diamond?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthames View Post
I thought you had purchased an unlocked diamond?
I did but the seller refused to send it being the auction didnt go as high as he wanted it to go. Phucking sux I know. B* should have done a reserve if thats how he wanted it to go.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

My boss got a new HTC with WM6.1 and it works flawlessly. Clearly the issues with WM6.1 are from it being hacked to older hardware. It's comforting to know that it isn't as crappy an OS as I thought.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 08-18-2008, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Yes Jabu I agree, WM6 is great when paired with the right hardware.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:14 PM
The Pusher Man
Pocket PC: BB
Carrier: Sprint - Simply Everything

Lsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on repLsme420 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Welcome to the HTC Titan.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:36 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

THX, Im already upgrading the radio so i can use the GPS and cooking a new ROM. If I have any issues I will be sure to post over there,
Old 08-18-2008, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Blackberry 8330
Carrier: sprint

blizzake is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to blizzake Send a message via MSN to blizzake

man i hope Ashurion does this for me i allways break my joystick and the mini usb also congrats on moving on to the 6800
Old 08-19-2008, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedahoe View Post

so is the internet tethering as easy as with the 6700?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

A bit off topic but yes it is easy. There are many threads on this however so a quick search should yield some good results.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache