PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2006, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Conference calling with PPC-6700

I was just in a call and today was the first time since buying this phone (I bought it a few weeks ago) that I needed to use conference calling. I couldn't figure it out. So I opened up my user guide that came with the phone and it gave instructions on how to do it. But guess what? According to the handbook you should be able to put the current call on hold and make the next call. Here is the thing. When I am not in a call I see the hold button (it is grayed out) but when I am in a call the hold button is not there. Anyone know how to make the hold button appear while in a call and be an active button too? Please.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:13 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
just tap the green phone button (the hard button) once to put the current call on hold.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:22 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
First in order to initiate a conference call you have to be the one to start the call. After dialing the first number you will see flash on the screen just hit flash than dial the second number or select from the contact list, than tap the green call button (hardware key). Once the second call is connected tap the green phone button again and all callers will be connected. I hope this answers your question. This is a good post but it belongs in the 6700 forum so I will move it. Thanks for posting and welcome to PPCGeeks
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 12-02-2006, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Nikkirox_1 is just getting started
Well I couldn't test your theory out because it was 2am in the morning. However I did try it using my home phone and my Daddy's cell phone and it worked I think. I will try it with two people later. I just have some complaints. Why does the hold button exist if it cannot be used? This phone is a big disappointment. There are other buttons that cannot be used when necessary.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Lurker

digitalhair is a n00b
The phone shouldn't be a disappointment. the PPC is what you make of it. That's why this forum is here: so people who consider it a hobby, like i do, can help you tailor your experience and customize the phone so it can suite your needs and effectively make it not a disappointment. Give it some time, and check the forum often.

*wish I had a solution for you, but I'm sure there's a freeware .cab file somewhere that addresses this issue.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

playdeep is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to playdeep Send a message via MSN to playdeep Send a message via Yahoo to playdeep
I cant seem to get my phone to allow me to conf call people if i dont type the number in (rarely have the number memorized or a pen to write it down, and i have like 3000 numbers in my phone) or if it is not a two digit speed dial number.....so while this is very simple....how are you getting the contact list to conf? i have a verizon and first rom....and i dont recal seeing a flash button but maybe i am not paying attention when i have a call initiated.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:04 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
In the new rom there is a program called Smart Dial. As you tap the name letters on your phone screen 10 key the names pop up in the Smart dial drop down list. If you are indeed running the older rom IMHO you need to upgrade, you won't regret it
Old 12-11-2006, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

playdeep is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to playdeep Send a message via MSN to playdeep Send a message via Yahoo to playdeep
I am on verizon so i have smartdial already as it was standard issue....
Old 12-11-2006, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro

drunken_monky is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to drunken_monky
I have the same problem using smart dial, I spell out the name and hit send and nothing. I have to dial entire number
Old 12-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Lurker

thickpoloatl is a n00b
just when I thought I was the only one with this problem. I use sprint service and I was hoping that I wasn't the only person who had to dial all the numbers to make a conference call. I would also think that on a phone that is a mini laptop you could add a caller that calls you to a current convo...anyadvise?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache