PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
2 Numbers on 1 Phone?

Is this possible?

I currently have to carry 2 phones, personal and company. I would like to have both numbers on my 6700.

I have done the forward to my 6700 from the other phone but I don't really like that setup.

SO anyone done this? Does it work?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-27-2008, 11:42 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu
Re: 2 Numbers on 1 Phone?

I know on Sprint there is only one NAM, so you can't on Sprint. I don't know if the Verizon version does or not. I remember running dual NAMs on my Nokia phones back in the day. When Sprint caught me running dual NAMs they locked out the second NAM. But I honestly don't know if the Apache has that ability or not. Go into programming mode and look. If there is a NAM1 and NAM2 setting you can do it. If not, then it's doubtful.
Need your Apache OEM ROM? Get it here!
========================================
Old 06-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

NAM Settings is only listed NAM in PST (##77.

Guess out of luck on this one.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Nexus 5x
Carrier: Republic Wireless

jabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuffjabu knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jabu Send a message via MSN to jabu Send a message via Yahoo to jabu Send a message via Skype™ to jabu

I think so. It's kinda weird that HTC wouldn't put dual NAM ability in this phone....
Old 06-27-2008, 12:22 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Ya, this phone is great but it would be better if I could have dual numbers on it....did have a motorola that had dual numbers before I got the 6700.

Anyone know if the 6800 or 6900 has dual NAM?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor

6800 has dual NAM - as matter of fact a lot of guys are disabling one of them so they can teather without getting nailed...
Old 06-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

nmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnmhusa is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Cool Re: 2 Numbers on 1 Phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoHippie View Post
6800 has dual NAM - as matter of fact a lot of guys are disabling one of them so they can teather without getting nailed...
Can you explain how this prevents you from getting nailed ??
Old 06-28-2008, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze
Carrier: ATT

TechnoHippie is becoming a great contributor

By default it uses the 2nd NAM when teathering. Turn off the 2nd NAM and it uses the 1st one instead. What's really stupid is even if it's using the 2nd one to teather, to accept a phone call on the 1st one it shuts off the 2nd one until the call ends...so you still cant talk and teather at the same time.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:55 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

call fowarding? my home phone (comcast) lets you foward calls by pressing *73

Old 06-30-2008, 12:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

call forward works but has limitations....and some carries charge for calls that are forwarded to another phone (from land line to cell or cell to cell).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache