PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2007, 12:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
That is interesting. Perhaps I will contact them with my issues to see if they can be of assistance. It does seem a little strange since their setup.dll changes the names of two files. I think I have all of the reg entries. I might post what I have tomorrow to see if anyone else can get it to work in an OEM.

I still can't get it to load properly from the ExtRom. I have tried on both my 3.3 and 3.5. Wondering if it is something in my rom that is affecting it.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 02-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff
hey colonel,

purely a quick gut reaction, but how much free space do you have in your ext rom, and is it writable?

Durring the install/renaming process perhaps it needs to store some sort of temp file there.

Just thinkin...

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 02-23-2007, 02:08 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Still not working correctly. I have compared registries, files, everything I can find. Now I am starting to wonder if it is a 3.5 issue. I could really use someone else who is running 3.5 to confirm one way or the other as to whether it installs for them.
I wrote an extended rom using wideawakes method I have mobileshell as the last program in the config text and I am running HELMI_Apache_3.5_KITCHEN_PPC-GEEKS_r1.1 AKU and all works fine for me. All my custom cabs were loaded as an addition to the AKU rom after the AKU was installed on my 6700 so the rom contains all the components that exist in the AKU update. Let me know if you want to look at is I will add it to the FTP.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:49 AM
N00b

zerotrace992 is a n00b
Any luck on the OEM front colonel ?

I love this program the only thing i really would love to see changed is the now screen be the default screen.. I wonder if there is anyway to do this .. like with a reg hack or something.. I doubt it, but i thought id ask.

I for see this change happening in the next update. Which I hope is soon.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerotrace992
I love this program the only thing i really would love to see changed is the now screen be the default screen.. I wonder if there is anyway to do this .. like with a reg hack or something.. I doubt it, but i thought id ask.
That would be nice...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache