PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Greetings!!! This my HOWTO for cooking your own ROM. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2334)

vboyz103 02-15-2007 11:51 PM

In your situation, what u can do is put all the DLLs and EXEs into the OEM, make another cab file and put in EXT_ROM for Channels in wherever the app is looking at (i.e: \Program Files\SLing Media\XYZ)

THat's what I did for Agenda One, SPB Diary, Wisbar, etc.

Good luck.

master_shake 02-19-2007 01:32 PM

with so many people wroking on such bigger problems I feel silly for asking this but.....

I cannot for the life of me get the initflashfiles.txt to copy my shortcuts from the windows folder for ANY oem except for 1, tomtom6

I don't get what I am doing wrong.

Any insight on why?

signal34 02-19-2007 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by master_shake
with so many people wroking on such bigger problems I feel silly for asking this but.....

I cannot for the life of me get the initflashfiles.txt to copy my shortcuts from the windows folder for ANY oem except for 1, tomtom6

Any insight on why?

I think the main thing is to make sure you save the file in Unicode...it's ANSI by default if you're using Notepad. See if that works.

master_shake 02-19-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by signal34
Quote:

Originally Posted by master_shake

Any insight on why?

I think the main thing is to make sure you save the file in Unicode...it's ANSI by default if you're using Notepad. See if that works.

this is starting to drive me nuts

It works on oems I dl from the ftp, but if I create one myself it will NOT copy the shortcut

I have it saved in unicode format

I don't know what is wrong

nikki2beeps 02-20-2007 11:27 AM

I'm having this problem as well, if i create with wordpad and save as unicode it still does not work. One other thing i notice when comparing other peoples oem packages, When I open theirs with wordpad I get a square character between every letter but if I open mine with word pad i see the plain text.

brightedge 02-25-2007 04:32 PM

I am in the process of cooking my first rom, and I had a question that I haven't been able to find an answer to. I understand how to add programs to the rom, but what about themes? I searched the kitchen rom for .tsk files and found the guava bubbles theme in an OS folder, but that hasn't given me any clue as to how to add more. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

*** edit ***

With luv2chill's help, I got it to work. Needed to create a folder for the theme under the OEM folder, dump the .tsk file in there, create a <uuid>.dsm file in the same folder, and that's it. After I flashed with the new rom, the theme was built right in! :)

UnstoppableDrew 03-04-2007 12:07 AM

I'm having an issue with the tools. I modified a kitchen with my own tweaks, and ran CreateOS.exe to generate the temp/dump folder. I want to modify the splash screen, so I want to convert the dump folder back to nk.nba. I run dump_to_nba.bat, but it doesn't update the kn.nba file, or the imgfs_*.bin files. If I delete the imgfs*.bin files and run buildimgfs.exe it throws an unspecified windows error and prompts me to send MS an error report.
I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help ?
Thanks!

UnstoppableDrew 03-04-2007 12:24 AM

Never mind, I was working off two different sets of instructions, one for kitchens and one for old style. I just read the wiki article and learned about using CreateRom.bat, which worked.

elosogrande7076 03-11-2007 02:56 PM

is this for 3.3 or can u use this for a 3.5 rom?...if not where can i get instructions on making a 3.5 rom?..thanks
________
NellyHotness cam

Speedy2k 04-24-2007 01:48 PM

Thanx i as been really helpfull!