PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Colonel's Custom 3.3 Rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2096)

vboyz103 01-26-2007 10:31 PM

Uh oh, now my EVDO is attempting to call Sprint PCS :(

I think I let PST executed, wonder if it messed up my phone.

How do I get it back?

Thanks.

I'm on Verizon!!

vboyz103 01-26-2007 10:57 PM

Nevermind I fixed the EVDO dialing error by going into HKLM\ControlPanel\ConnMgr\Providers and the second key that looks like (78XXXX} has default sprint pcs and my newly created Verizon connction. I deleted the Sprint PCS one and bam verizon connected no problem.

Just so somebody would know.

Jady 01-26-2007 11:19 PM

So has anyone else done this version with verizon? Are there any specific issues with vzw?

willysp 01-26-2007 11:45 PM

First of all - Thanks! Fine work.

Some quick initial comments (you asked for opinions & preferences, so I'll include them). More testing tomorrow.

- CF 2 - WOW, neat. Works fine with Virtual Earth.
- Dialer just the way I like it

- I'd prefer to not have O2 and TCPMP (concerned about O2 using Today 'slots' even though not selected - had a problem in the past with WM5 and too many inactive plug-ins)
- I'd prefer to not have left soft-key mapped to Flashlight (trivial to change, no biggie)
- Not sure about putting beta SW (Live Search) in ROM

Having an issue with icons in the Start Menu. OnLock and Resco Explorer (installed to SD) both have the default 'DOS-like' icons in the Start Menu after having run. Can be selected from menu and run OK, but never get the non-default icons for either.

Thanks again!

colonel 01-26-2007 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willysp
First of all - Thanks! Fine work.

Some quick initial comments (you asked for opinions & preferences, so I'll include them). More testing tomorrow.

- CF 2 - WOW, neat. Works fine with Virtual Earth.
- Dialer just the way I like it

- I'd prefer to not have O2 and TCPMP (concerned about O2 using Today 'slots' even though not selected - had a problem in the past with WM5 and too many inactive plug-ins)
- I'd prefer to not have left soft-key mapped to Flashlight (trivial to change, no biggie)
- Not sure about putting beta SW (Live Search) in ROM

Having an issue with icons in the Start Menu. OnLock and Resco Explorer (installed to SD) both have the default 'DOS-like' icons in the Start Menu after having run. Can be selected from menu and run OK, but never get the non-default icons for either.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the input. Let me know if having O2 deactivated is causing problems. As far as I know, OnLock never actually had an icon. The Resco thing may be due to a SD card dismount. Keep an eye on it to see if you are loosing your SD card. Sprint, Verizon, or other?

Wideawake 01-27-2007 12:25 AM

Colonel, check my other post about .net 2.0s upload. You can set a custom theme on boot, but you have to place a special file in the extrom to set it automatically. Nice work I may flash later. ;) And my custom can now be put on hold till I have more time to truly deck it out. Thanks for buying me some time colonel. BTW I think I flash more than u do. :P :laughing6:

another note....the delete all is a bia to intergrate. had time with that one too. :D
~Mike

colonel 01-27-2007 12:43 AM

Yeah, thought about the Extended Rom as an option, but was trying to avoid that for those that didn't use "my" ExtRom. It was really kind of a waste of my time to spend a couple of hours on it just to fail. :oops: :)

gnafin 01-27-2007 12:44 AM

installed ok but i got a error on bootup..... sddaemon.exe cannot be open...what is this? Oh i have a vx6700

thanks..

glenn

pzztgotbagz 01-27-2007 12:48 AM

same error for me on ppc6700

colonel 01-27-2007 12:48 AM

That was the Voice Dialer that I nuked. Did you do a hard reset? Something was trying to open that app. Make sure you do a hard reset after install because there should be no references left to the old Voice Dialer.