PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Colonel's Custom 3.3 Rom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2096)

colonel 01-28-2007 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pzztgotbagz
and the only site i really go to is ppcgeeks and i only view it in collumn mode and it crashes everytime i open it with pie in collumn mode i tried the regular 3.3 rom and same issues so time to go back to 2.2 beta 2.0 with custom extended.... Until someone figures out the pie issues

So it worked fine with the 2.2 rom checking this site viewing the Desktop version? Well, now I have a place to start looking. Perhaps the new User Agent string is creating the issue. I will play with it.

Alwaysbelieve1 01-28-2007 12:58 AM

it always works in destop and default views. just not single column.

Jady 01-28-2007 02:11 AM

Got Colonel's 3.3 onboard, no insatll probs at all.

I did not install any VZW customizations and have not had any SD card issues yet, it comes right out of suspend instantly and is really fast.

I will keep you posted on whether or not I have any SD issues, if not the prob may be the extrom overwriting the aformentioned .dll files.

Colonel, I dont see any custom entries under HKLM/system/currentcontrolset/control/power/state/suspend

I have always had a dsk1: dsk2: btl1: and wav1: entry to keep the SD, extrom, sound, and BT stack on in suspend.

Are these unnessicary in 3.3? I got these from sonny and greatnate, you had mentioned that their edits were in the rom but these particular ones are not.

Alwaysbelieve1 01-28-2007 02:27 AM

Ok I had my phone charging and then took it off and ran the battery meter for 45 min.

Now: 68 mA

Avg: 181 mA

Total: 106 mA

So what does this mean?

colonel 01-28-2007 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwaysbelieve1
Ok I had my phone charging and then took it off and ran the battery meter for 45 min.

Now: 68 mA

Avg: 181 mA

Total: 106 mA

So what does this mean?

Basically it means that your phone is running normally. If you battery is running down quickly then you might have an issue with the battery. Averaging 181 is a little high, but not unheard of. Your total of 106mAh means that you should use that much per hour. So, with a stock 1350mA (I think) you should last at least 12-13 hours. I may be wrong on this, but this is the way I understand it. The question now is, if you think your battery is draining more than it used to, run the same test with a different rom. Two questions: Did you have peaks in consumption and when? and How many times was your phone in suspend mode since I do not think the app runs while the phone is suspended?

Scooter_in_WI 01-28-2007 07:59 AM

Remove??

colonel...

Thanks so much for working on this. I have not seen a single issue after running for a day. I do have one question...

How can we go about removing some of the pre-installed goodies if we want? I did run the install on the "onlock" program, installed it to the extended rom, and then removed it. This process seemed to work. I would also like to remove the 02 plus from memory too. I am assuming that this same process will work for 02 but I can't find a cab for it to repeat the install process. Would you be so kind to send it my way or let us know if there is another way to remove some of these??

Thanks again!! This one ROCKS!

bosoxrl 01-28-2007 09:17 AM

BT audio gateway issue

When I activate bt audio gateway using the BT Toggle app the gateway only seems to open for 10 seconds then sounds goes back to speakers. Anyone elels having this problem?? Any ideas on how to fix??

Thanks

colonel 01-28-2007 12:18 PM

bosox

Scooter, I am not sure about exactly what you are saying. You should not be able to uninstall apps in the Rom. Maybe you deleted it from the list in program files, but it is still there. If that is what you want, go to Windows\Start Menu\Programs and delete the shortcuts to any apps you don't want. If you don't want O2 launching at startup, go to Windows\Startup and delete the O2 shortcut. Also, change things in th Today settings. However, the files are still in the rom. You cannot just remove them, but don't worry too much. They really aren't taking up much of your "usable" memory.

bosoxrl, I have not tried the BT toggle app in quite a while. I am running VC 1.6 and IDTransfer. With that I can open the gateway without issues. Others have had issues though, but nothing consistent.

schettj 01-28-2007 01:05 PM

On the other 3.3 rom BT Audio Today is working fine for me with my motorolla headset (not a stereo headset, just one of those cheapo BT headsets for talking :D)

It likes to be in internal store, and its a little slow (when you tap it to toggle, just tap once and WAIT FOR IT :D) but it does work.

Alwaysbelieve1 01-28-2007 01:14 PM

i now had the phone running with that app for 3 hours and here is the data.

219, 230, 515