PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: alltel

jtcole11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck on Windows Mobile Screen, CAN ANYONE HELP?

Ok most of you guys on here are going to laugh when I ask this, but I just purchased a PPC6700 on ebay from a gentleman saying it was loaded with the HELMI_C Rom. Knowing a little about this I knew the phone was probably going to run faster and have more control. I was changing batteries one time and now the phone will not go past the windows mobile screen. I was trying to read some of your forums on how to fix some problems like this, but I was unsuccessful. I thought I knew a lot about phones, but when it comes to this, I am not knowledgable.... Can anyone help me?
Old 03-04-2008, 12:27 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: Stuck on Windows Mobile Screen, CAN ANYONE HELP?

If you just got it recently then you might as well go ahead and hard reset the device to see if that solves it. If not you will have to reflash (reload the ROM) the phone. It isnt hard at all. Just try the hard reset first and then go from there. Welcome to the 6700 and Ive bought lots of things off ebay and got some really good deals. In fact it is how I git my first 6700.

If you do not know how to hard reset then just press and hold both "minus" keys at the bottom front of the phone and continue to hold them while you use your stylus to reset the device throught the hole in the bottom of the phone. It should ask you on the screen to press Y to reset.

If no one else has told you, I will warn you that this will erase all personal info so hopefully at some point you have synch-ed everything on the deivce (if anything was there at all) with your PC via AS and can reload it afterwards.

Good luck.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc vogue
Carrier: alltel
Threadstarter

jtcole11 is a n00b

weed. Thank you for your quick reply. A hard reset worked perfect and since I just got the phone, there was nothing to delete. I am psyched to get this phone because of how large the oppurtunities are. Not even talking about roms or anything included on this site, I could play with this phone for hours. Now I think I could be on it all day if I wanted to. LOL. Again thanks for all you help and I hope you enjoy your PPC as much as I already do mine.
Old 03-04-2008, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC
Carrier: Sprint

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Weed got to it first...but this has been talked about....and the only way was hardreset.

http://67.228.199.237/forum.ppcgeeks...ad.php?t=19378
Old 03-04-2008, 04:11 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Welcome to the ppc club. You will never want to go back to a basic just mobile web and mobile email phone ever.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
You will never want to go back to a basic just mobile web and mobile email phone ever.
I know thats right. Ive had a few PPC and I hate trying to use a regular phone for anything other than dialing a number. I will never have another device w/o a QWERTY.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache