PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2007, 10:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: UTstarcom PPC-6700
Carrier: Qwest

cat_daddy is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Seriously...

I posted a comment a while ago about allowing a steamroller to have its way with my PPC-6700.

I wasn't kidding.

If it weren't for the dent my wallet would take to replace or upgrade my Apache, then I would indeed make good on my ill intentions. So, for the time I'm relegated to figuring out a solution to the following problems:

1) Expanded memory slot ceases to function.
2) Phone application randomly decides to not allow me to answer a call
3) Data calls randomly disconnect
4) Comm manager freezes
5) IE randomly freezes
6) Message application display becomes garbled when switching between landscape and portrait and/or when displaying/closing touchscreen keypad
7) Goes with #3 - receive error(s) when reconnecting a data calls.

As each problem occurs, a soft reset is the quick fix solution. As each problem's occurence becomes more frequent - hard reset and reload.

I constantly check/kill running programs. I constantly ensure the on-board memory isn't an issue. And, for a majority of the time, the memory and/or number of programs running is not an issue. I suspect my problems are completely due to Windows Mobile.

I love this Apache, when it works.

Help.
Old 12-31-2007, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

TonyDiv is just getting started
Doesn't Qwest have an insurance plan?
Old 12-31-2007, 10:38 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_daddy View Post
I posted a comment a while ago about allowing a steamroller to have its way with my PPC-6700.

I wasn't kidding.

If it weren't for the dent my wallet would take to replace or upgrade my Apache, then I would indeed make good on my ill intentions. So, for the time I'm relegated to figuring out a solution to the following problems:

1) Expanded memory slot ceases to function.
2) Phone application randomly decides to not allow me to answer a call
3) Data calls randomly disconnect
4) Comm manager freezes
5) IE randomly freezes
6) Message application display becomes garbled when switching between landscape and portrait and/or when displaying/closing touchscreen keypad
7) Goes with #3 - receive error(s) when reconnecting a data calls.

As each problem occurs, a soft reset is the quick fix solution. As each problem's occurence becomes more frequent - hard reset and reload.

I constantly check/kill running programs. I constantly ensure the on-board memory isn't an issue. And, for a majority of the time, the memory and/or number of programs running is not an issue. I suspect my problems are completely due to Windows Mobile.

I love this Apache, when it works.

Help.
What version of WinMo are you running? What version of the Bootloader? What version of the radio?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cat_daddy is a n00b
Unhappy Little more info...

Ok let's see...

Windows Mobile 5.0 (build 14847.2.0.0)
Radio Version 1.12.00
Bootloader ??? v2.02 ???
Software Version 2.06.00 WWE

Qwest does have a warranty on the phone and I have additional insurance. I've squawked to Qwest before about these problems, and received a replacement. The exact same problems began occurring a week out of the box. I called and squawked again (demanding a non-existant FW upgrade) and they just wanted to send me another Apache.

I've searched the Apache forums, and really haven't seen discussions/solutions to the problems I'm having. I really don't understand how I can be experiencing these problems - with two diff Apaches - while everyone else is seemingly trucking right along.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Quote:
Ok let's see...

Windows Mobile 5.0 (build 14847.2.0.0)
Radio Version 1.12.00
Bootloader ??? v2.02 ???
Software Version 2.06.00 WWE

Qwest does have a warranty on the phone and I have additional insurance. I've squawked to Qwest before about these problems, and received a replacement. The exact same problems began occurring a week out of the box. I called and squawked again (demanding a non-existant FW upgrade) and they just wanted to send me another Apache.

I've searched the Apache forums, and really haven't seen discussions/solutions to the problems I'm having. I really don't understand how I can be experiencing these problems - with two diff Apaches - while everyone else is seemingly trucking right along.
Have you thought about trying the WM6 kitchen?
Old 01-01-2008, 12:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor
i was having similar problems i flashed to wm6 with helmi_c's kitchen cleared them all up and got all my apps preinstalled so when i do a hard reset all i have to do is redo a few settings
Old 01-01-2008, 12:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

cat_daddy is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbiter View Post
i was having similar problems i flashed to wm6 with helmi_c's kitchen cleared them all up and got all my apps preinstalled so when i do a hard reset all i have to do is redo a few settings
Ok, sounds great... But - forgive my ignorance - WTF is Kitchen's?!?!? I've had this question in my head for about a month (whilst searching this forum and google'd), and have yet to find a thread that adequately explains this "kitchen".

Old 01-01-2008, 01:37 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Ok, sounds great... But - forgive my ignorance - WTF is Kitchen's?!?!? I've had this question in my head for about a month (whilst searching this forum and google'd), and have yet to find a thread that adequately explains this "kitchen".

Look in the upgrade sub-forum - it's 99% about the WM6 kitchen.

All of your problems are notorious for stock WM5.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

lightbiter is becoming a great contributor
you can find the kitchen here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6017
Old 01-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: VZW

Sarge, USMC is just getting started
Cat Daddy-

UPGRADE...........UPGRADE...........go to the UPGRADES board and look at the tutorial GA. Medic posted on HOW TO do it..........

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache