PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

werewolf727 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Extended battery sale $10.99

Hey gang, I just wanted to let you know that accstation.com has a sale on extended length batteries for the Apache for $10.99 this month. They used to be about $21. Be sure to order the battery door with the bump on it that goes with it for $1.50 if you don't have one already, I see the doors come in black or silver.

Also there is a $5 coupon out there for purchases over $20 if you google "accstation coupon" Coupon Code: X3Q407
Add Date: 2007-09-25 Expire Date: 2007-12-31

No, I don't get any kickbacks for doing this. Just good info! I also noticed that they have the plug that converts the 2.5mm cellphone plug to 3.5mm stereo for really cheap. With that and an FM Modulator, I soon hope to have my car rockin' Apache style!

I hope this info helps someone. =)
Old 12-16-2007, 06:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: centro
Carrier: vzw

jhonny11 is a n00b
Do you know what the mAh is? It doesn't seem to be listed...

btw - thanks for the info
Old 12-16-2007, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S 4G, EVO View 4G, Nook Color, Dell X30
Carrier: T-Mobile

av8tr is just getting started
It's Chinese junk. I've got one just like it. I bought it on eBay for about $11 including shipping and the door.

It lasts just a little longer than the OEM battery, despite being twice as large. It doesn't behave like the other battery in terms of charging and discharging.

Don't buy.
Old 12-16-2007, 09:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP
Yea I also thought it was kinda interesting that the main battery element..ie...mAh was not posted on the www site, so something was alittle fishy, like they say...sounded to good to be true, besides the battery, the www does have some nice prices on certain items.

Example:
Back Cover...1.50 Accstation
Back Cover...9.50 Seidio<----WOW
Old 12-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by werewolf727 View Post
Hey gang, I just wanted to let you know that accstation.com has a sale on extended length batteries for the Apache for $10.99 this month. They used to be about $21. Be sure to order the battery door with the bump on it that goes with it for $1.50 if you don't have one already, I see the doors come in black or silver.

Also there is a $5 coupon out there for purchases over $20 if you google "accstation coupon" Coupon Code: X3Q407
Add Date: 2007-09-25 Expire Date: 2007-12-31

No, I don't get any kickbacks for doing this. Just good info! I also noticed that they have the plug that converts the 2.5mm cellphone plug to 3.5mm stereo for really cheap. With that and an FM Modulator, I soon hope to have my car rockin' Apache style!

I hope this info helps someone. =)
Just a heads up about the 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter they have listed on the page. The one pictured only has 3 silver contact bands on the 2.5mm male jack, this will not give you stereo audio. The 2.5mm jack on your Apache supports stereo audio out, plus mic in. You need a 2.5mm male jack with 4 silver contact bands on it, which will carry left channel, right channel, microphone, and ground. I was able to find one at my local radio shack for $9.99 (yikes, I know)

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know before you got too excited, you should investigate this a little further first. Perhaps the item they are actually selling is different that what they have pictured, but who knows.

And just to make myself clear, the 2.5mm male jack with 3 silver bands can give you stereo output from your Apache, but you have to plug it in all the way, and then pull it out slightly, about 1/4 of the way, until you hear the other channel come on. This will work in a pinch, but very aggravating as there is no detent to keep it in this position, and the slightest force against it will cause movement, and then lots of static.

Alltel / Verizon
Old 12-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700
Threadstarter

werewolf727 is a n00b
Wow, thanks for the feedback, even as harsh as it is. I have bought batteries from these guys before and have been happy with them even though they don't have quite the maH that the OEM ones do. My Apache is done on a very tight budget so the things I get may not be up to the golden quality some require and are willing to pay for, accstation has provided me with cheap stopgap measures before and their shipping policy was incredibly fast. For $17 shipped to your door, can you go wrong? Digi, thank you so much for telling me about the stereo thing. I have used plugs like that and wound up completely hoppin mad about them. If you still have the radio shack sku# let me know, otherwise I'll try and dig it up.

Does anyone have feedback on the cheap $8.49 FM modulator? Is it "adequate" or just completely unusuable? Surely someone must have one like it. Does anyone have a quality alternative that also provides charging for under $40?

One last question, does anyone know where you can buy a regular size battery overstuffed with extra maH's in it? That would be the best solution, even if heavier.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: verizon

buck95 is just getting started
Recently got a new battery from broadway electronics off ebay . around $21 with shipping. This battery kicks butt, only have to charge it a couple times a week. Only problem is the shape does not allow the battery itself to be charged seperately in the charger, has to be in the phone to charge. Includes a back
General Features:
  • Top Quality Replacement Battery
    for VX6700 made from Japan cells;
  • Capacity: 2600 mAh;
  • Voltage: 3.7V;
  • Chemistry: Li-Polymer;
  • 100% compatible with Original Battery and Charger devices;
  • No Memory Effect, The battery
    can be recharged without loss of
    capacity;
  • CE and SGS-ISO-9001-2000 Certified.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck95 View Post
Recently got a new battery from broadway electronics off ebay . around $21 with shipping. This battery kicks butt, only have to charge it a couple times a week.
Just give it a few weeks and at best a few months. You will start to see a decline in the batts life as for how long it can hold and produce a charge under load. Ive had several for several devices and seen the same results from them all.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible
Carrier: Verizon-Alltel

digi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good workdigi is keeping up the good work
Well I looked all over the Radio Shack website, couldn't find the part. The old guy that works at my Radio Shack is pretty knowledgeable though, I can probably swing by there and he will know what I'm talking about.

Anyways, if you you're interested in ordering online, I found an OEM Motorola adapter on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Motor...pd_sim_e_img_5

You can see the 4 rings in that picture too. Anyways, I'll try and swing by Radio Shack today and see if I can get you that number, just in case you want it now in a hurry.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache