PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i have a question, where do you put jad/jar files on the ppc?
Old 06-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
jad/jar files, what exactly do u need these for? If I'm not mistaken there java games and apps for cell phones like the moto v551. At least that's the only time I ran into them. I don't think the are wm5 compatible but there may be an emulator out there, just not sure. Haven't needed to, but now that u mention it, I will have a look.
~Mike
Old 06-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Retired Staff

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
i did tried to run one of them onthe 6700. looked for emus all over the palce but ended up with nothing after a few hours of googlin......doesnt mean it cant be done thogh. Lets all get to it

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 06-09-2006, 10:56 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
I believe the secret is running IBM MIDP 2.0.

Put it this way, I'm running Google Maps on my 6700 which certainly involves a .jad file.

read this thread
http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...t=google+local
and get google maps running and then try to DL and install and Java applets. You should get them to work but the question is how well do they interface (control-wise) with WM5 and the 6700 (5 way nav, etc.).
Old 06-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Founder & Owner

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
malatesta u beat me to the punch lol ibm makes a program that will install .jar and .jad. I don't have the cab yet but as soon as I get it I will post it.
Old 06-10-2006, 12:04 AM
Founder & Owner

Ok guys this is the offical IBM WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment MIDP 2.05.7.2 trial for the software as it is not free. I will keep looking for a free one, but until then this will have to do. Just install the cab and you should be all set to install .jad and .jars. Hope this helps.
~Mike
Attached Files
File Type: zip ibmj9midp_208.zip (921.0 KB, 872 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-10-2006, 12:07 AM

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake
Ok guys this is the offical IBM WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment MIDP 2.05.7.2 trial for the software as it is not free. I will keep looking for a free one, but until then this will have to do. Just install the cab and you should be all set to install .jad and .jars. Hope this helps.
~Mike
You forgot the attachment! lol

Also, I don't remember registering for my Websphere maybe b/c I just got the part of it needed to do this, not really sure. I know for the Treo it was free but for everyone else it was like $5 but there was no way to really verify who was who...
Old 06-10-2006, 07:23 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Sonin66 is becoming a great contributor
well I wanted the google maps to work on this thing. but also a lot of games I had for my 9000 tok jar and jad files. thanks for the help though
Old 06-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch pro

wingzero is a n00b
Malatesta: Since you're running google maps on your ppc, I need your help on how to install the 1.jad file. I copied the 1.jad to the main root. Then type 1.jad in the url with the path selected as //1.jad but it gave me an error message 'The url "//1.jad" does not appear to be a valid url'. Can you show me what I did wrong? Thanks.

Michael
Old 06-14-2006, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzero
Malatesta: Since you're running google maps on your ppc, I need your help on how to install the 1.jad file. I copied the 1.jad to the main root. Then type 1.jad in the url with the path selected as //1.jad but it gave me an error message 'The url "//1.jad" does not appear to be a valid url'. Can you show me what I did wrong? Thanks.

Michael
Aggh.!! I delt with the same problem but it was like a 3am so I'm not sure I totally remember.

I just kinda re-tried it and it worked like this:

URL: /1.jad

second box = "/" not "http:" or anything

Also, make sure you have your DATA connection open! I don't think it can force a data connection to open on it's own!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache