PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2008, 06:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia
Carrier: verizon

Opera_Rat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Opera_Rat
Stuck in align screen

My screen alignment seemed off so I went into setting to align screen and now it just keeps moving the crossbars around the screen. It seems like the one in the middle just doesn't respond to my touch. I think something may be wrong with my screen there. I tried a hard boot, a soft boot, I put the original ROM for verizon back on, just in case I need to take it in.

How can I stop this loop in the align screen? I can't make phone calls or anything!
Old 02-22-2008, 10:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

piratedninja is keeping up the good workpiratedninja is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to piratedninja
Re: Stuck in align screen

you might have a dead spot on your touch screen, they usually occur right in the middle of the screen where the middle crossbar appears

this is unfortunately a hardware problem and you'll have to get it fixed by your carier. if you have sprint and have TEP take it to the nearest repair center and within minutes they will just hand you a replacement because they dont even know how to fix it.

i had the same problem and after a 10min wait at the repair center they just handed me a refurbed 6700
Old 04-29-2010, 02:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

beatified is a n00b

In order to verify this if you can get into notes start drawing all over the screen if you have a spot that you cant draw on then that is where your screen is dead.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

psiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuffpsiphi knows their stuff

Use can use the PPCKitchen and the OEMizer to disable the Screen Align Screen, but it requires burning a new RoM, and it won't fix the screen. It will allow you to use the parts of the screen that do work, and use the keyboard and buttons for navigation and input. You can also use MyMobiler to remote control your phone to make it easier for setting up...

The bad news is you need a new digitizer or phone, and a new phone would be more cost effective. I would use the phone you have as a Digital Picture Frame or a Weather Station connecting via Wi-Fi...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache