PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2007, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: reliance

sunny1974 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
i have also had this issue since yesterday.. luckily i had read this thread before.. and pushing the headphone jack(the female in the ph) a bit inwards.. and it starts working.. but iv had it go back in and out .. and missed a few calls coz of that esp it sumone else picks up the call and that sucks... it happned right after the latest wm6 rom was loaded.. since quite a few people have noticed this right after that.. is there any reason that the contacts inside this jack change polarity or sumthing after this latest release or sumthing?(i know its far fetched ) but u never know if the audio software in this does sumthing to this aspect.. but then glitch said he s had the stock rom only..
glitch do u put the toothpick after opening the whole ph up or thru the hole with everything intact.. this suxs coz i havnt had such a problem with any of the phs i have used in the past.. i do keep putting the jack in and out prob a few times a day.. this also means i cant listen to music any more.. i dunno if the music in the stereo bluetooth headphs is going to be as good..
and if i do need to disassemble my ph.. i have read sum posts on that.. how much inside do i need to go? is it simple or risky?
i doubt changing the headsets is going to do anything.. if the problem is with the female jack..
this happened after using the headps for 5 months..or so...
Old 11-20-2007, 07:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700, Asus A639
Carrier: Verizon

glitch is a n00b
I use the toothpick with the phone closed. I'd suggest using a sharp toothpick and not a paper clip or something because a toothpick has a little bit of give and is less likely to tear or majorly bend the contacts. Again do this at your own risk, I'm not stating that it's a fix but it has kept mine going. One thing to note is that my headphone jack has always worked with headphones, it's just the internal speakers & mic that would go out, so if your headphones are not working then you may have pulled the jack away from the board completely. I wasn't sure what you meant by "cant listen to music anymore". If you're just talking about not using the jack once you have it working to keep it from breaking again then ignore the last comment. I've been leary to use mine since I got it working.

Up until last friday I was running the stock ROMs only. Can't say that anymore

It's not too hard to take the phone apart but I was a bit worried the first time I did it. I'm posting this from memory so you may want too look up the disassembly instructions before trying it. But basically you take out the battery, remove the 2 screws in the battery case carfully pry up the top cover (where the camera is), remove the screw holding down the wifi antenna (don't remove the antenna), remove one screw from the board w/ the camera flash and remove that board, remove the camera itself (both just pop out of their sockets), remove the screws from the back casing and carfully pry it off working around the edges, don't just yank it up from one corner or side, remove the screws holding in the main motherboard, pop off the ribbon connector in the lower left hand corner. Underneath the motherboard is another ribbon cable taped to it, carefully remove the tape from the board and disconnect the ribbon cable from it's socket. You can now remove the main board. The headphone jack is on the main board so this is as far as you need to go. There is a good set of disassembly instructions here: http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...bly-guide.html Stop at step 8.

When working on the headphone jack the microphone is fairly close so getting a soldering iron in there can be tight but the black piece on the microphone is just an accustical hood that just pops off giving you more room. Each time I've taken the board out it has pulled the headphone jack away from the board a bit due to angling it out of the case but it hasn't broken any solder points or anything so I'm not certain whether the headphone jack itself can come apart, I may test that out if I have to take it apart again. You should be able to see how the jack works fairly easily from this point. The contacts I have problems with are the ones closest to the mic. This is where the one leaf is soldered straight to the board. The first time I took it apart I resoldered all all the solder points but I don't think this was nessisary and it didn't fix anything. The other two times I simply manipulated the contacts using a sewing needle. My phone is still not perfect and still goes out periodically but it normally just takes blowing into the headphone jack to get it to work now whereas when I first took it apart I couldn't get it to work at all no matter what I did. The toothpick trick was used between then and now. I haven't had to use a toothpick since the last time I took it apart.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Scoilt is a n00b
Tried all of the above and had to resort to simply swapping my phone out for a new (same model) one. Thanks for the help anyway...
Old 11-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

NotaGeek is a n00b
yea I JUST got a replacement from verizon cause this exact issue happened to me. It seems like every 5 weeks im in there getting a new phone because these phones kinda suck (sorry to say). Lol and I just discovered my "p" key isnt workin to good.. pure crap
Old 12-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC-6700

makenmoney is a n00b
I've had the same problem twice. Both times I resolved it by repeatedly plugging and unplugging the headphone jack. This last time, I almost gave up. I must have plugged and unplugged about 20 times. While trying this "repair", I kept the Windows Media Player running. That way I would know when the phone's speaker was working again.

It sure sucked to not be able to hear callers but answer their calls.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: None

tom760 is a n00b
Any potential hardware fix to get radio detected?

I just got a XV7600 yesterday and it appears the radio is broken or disconnected. I've tried updating various roms and it doesn't help.

Does anyone know which physical component(s) in the phone are for the radio? Is it one of the ones that has a connector that may have come loose? I don't want to give up on getting this working as my phone, but I'm running out of things to try

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache