PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2007, 10:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WM
Carrier: Sprint

LeanGreen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voice Command Caller Announcements on BT - Real FIX

I've managed to get my caller announcements routed to my Bluetooth headset without using any extra software. The trick is to enable inband ring tones in the Microsoft Bluetooth stack by editing the "Capability" DWORD value. Here's what I did:

1. Edit "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway\Ca pability" and set it to 45.
2. Soft reset the device.
3. Fire up the Bluetooth headset.
3a. You may also need to "handshake" the headset with VC once to let it know it is available - just hit the button on the headset and give any old command (e.g., "What time is it?").
4. Have someone call you and relish in the unlocked features!

On subsequent tests after turning off the headset, then turning it back on, I did not need to re-handshake to get it to work.

Just FYI, I'm running Kirvin's Clean & Simple for Any Apache on my Alltel 6700. I believe you need AKU 3.5 of some sort for this to work.

I stumbled across this while researching another topic elsewhere. Essentially the capability value is a bitmask that turns on or off features. The Microsoft default is 0x21 or 33 decimal. That is 0b100001. 0x04 enables voice tag support (which was already on in mine) giving a value of 0x25 or 37 decimal. 0x08 enabled inband ring tones, and by doing a bitwise "or" with 0x25 and 0x08, you get 0x2D or 45 decimal.

I hope this works for other folks!
Old 06-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Interesting. I had checked the reg for the p4000 and it is set to 0x25 (37) and it is confirmed that VC over BT works on that device. Anyway, I will be testing this as well.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 06-14-2007, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
I just tried it and it didnt work for me. I am using a 3.5 rom based of the new kitchen. moto h700 bt headset if that make any difference. Also, this has been pretty wierd cos it seems to work sometimes based on volume settings sometimes. Let us know if u think of or come up with anything else. Thanks

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:
Old 06-14-2007, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

avaya is a n00b
doesn't work for me either.. i can hear the ring tone briefly on the headset then it stop.
Old 06-14-2007, 10:58 PM
Retired Staff

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
yeah, it failed for me as well. It seems to be something flakey between the rom and VC. Usually for me I here the beginning of the ringtone and then it switches back to the phone. However, every once in a while, I will get IDs throught the BT for about 4-5 different calls. then it stops again.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:01 PM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Nice find, I needed to unchecked the box in Voice command options that says only during free time to get the voice announcement for incoming calls to announce in my bluetooth. After that it all works as you say that's great thanks again.

Edit: Should have tested more it is jumping back to the phone for me now.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

avaya is a n00b
did unchecked the check box but still didn't work for me. what ring tone are you guys using?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: WM
Threadstarter

LeanGreen is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by avaya
did unchecked the check box but still didn't work for me. what ring tone are you guys using?
I'm using "OldPhone".

I wish I could be of more to those of you this doesn't work for, but I'm just going off the Microsoft docs I found.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

avaya is a n00b
i wonder if it could be because we are using the vc oem instead of installing it?
Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 PM
Retired Staff

Well, keep us informed. How loud do you have the system and phone volumes set?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache