PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 12:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC 6700

gopher2011 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ROM issues

I am having a problem flashing a rom to my phone. i dont understand, i have the winRAR program multiple ROM's on hand, but i dont understand what to do. I was supposed to look for a object that says rom.exe and i dont see any of those in any of the roms. If any one can walk me through with just a few steps from there that would be very much appreciated. Thanks

It says that its checking for information then it says that this ROM upgrade utility is not designed for my device, whats happening?

Last edited by gopher2011; 11-01-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

dprout69 is just getting started
well... I guess step one would be for you to tell us which rom you are attempting to install.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gopher2011 is a n00b
ok BigJ or Jbabeys rom, i think its the same person, ROM, its the revsion 1.3h (zelda). But i think i know what the problem is, my laptop is running windows Vista, would that be a problem?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache
Carrier: Sprint

dprout69 is just getting started
Can't say I've used that rom personally, but vista shouldnt matter as there are plenty of ppl on here using vista. Are you extracting the .rar? You should just extract the .rar, click on the file and it should prompt you to connect your device and then load. What rom do you have on your device currently?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gopher2011 is a n00b
i currently have the stock OEM rom the phone came with. I have WinRAR and i looked at the contents of BigJ's rom and there is no file that says .rar. Is the file i should be opening "APACUpgradeUt_noID.exe"? I must be just missing one crucial step i think.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

dmitt25 is a n00b
Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher2011 View Post
i currently have the stock OEM rom the phone came with. I have WinRAR and i looked at the contents of BigJ's rom and there is no file that says .rar. Is the file i should be opening "APACUpgradeUt_noID.exe"? I must be just missing one crucial step i think.

So here's the thing... The "BigJ's rom" you speak of IS the .rar file. a .rar file is like a .zip file. It's simply a compressed file containg other files. So basically what you downloaded from the net is not the rom, the rom is inside the .rar... Make sense? You have to extract all the files in the .rar using WinRaR to somewhere else, a folder of your choosing or your desktop even. Once they are extracted, you can use the files normally. A previous poster said something along these lines already.

Hope this helps... oh, and I'm a newb too.. and it sounds like you have a lot more reading to do before you try to flash your rom. You're probably gonna brick your phone! I just flashed mine this weekend to WM6, but I was scared outta my mind that I may have missed something. I kept reading and reading and reading until I felt confident that I knew enough to do it right.

Good Luck!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

gopher2011 is a n00b
I read a lot of info so far about flashing, but as far as i looked its not all in one spot. Also i did indeed unzip BigJ's rom with WinRAR and as i was explaining i dont see any .rar files around. I guess i dont know where to go from here

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache