PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

envyv07 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why am I unable to send and receive MMS picture messages? PLEASE guy, help me. I had to switch to another rom, I wanna switch backkk. :/
Old 12-15-2007, 09:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by boodaka View Post
Everything is working beautifully and fast, great job!
Thank you very much, I'm really glad that you are enjoying this ROM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrosenman View Post
Robmayer:
*YOU ROCK*. I upgraded from one of BigJ's last WM5 ROM's to this one (Sprint version), and it's like a new phone.

*THANK YOU!*
You too, thanks a lot for your support and the compliment on the ROM, much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeklemz View Post
remove HKLM/comm/tcpip/hosts/htc-something-or-other
I'll have to see if this really works. I have had a lot of people asking about the weather plugin lately and if a reg change fixes it I'll have to cook it into the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phguy65 View Post
good job Rob, this rom is easy to install and has all the basic tools. The only suggestion I would make is to add some sort of task manager to allow programs to be truly closed when clicking the 'x'. This is a significant resource saver.
I agree, I did eliminate the HTC Task Manager because it caused some problems however I know there are a lot of people out there that like having the "x" button actually do something. In the mean time I recommend pBar, but maybe I'll cook something into the next build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonf View Post
Robmaker!!!!!Help!!!
I come from China.Now using GENERIC B7,but the "regional setting" not include China.
How..........
Really, there isn't? Is there anything close to China? I'm sorry about that, I didn't even realize. I'll see what I can do possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyv07 View Post
Why am I unable to send and receive MMS picture messages? PLEASE guy, help me. I had to switch to another rom, I wanna switch backkk. :/
I'm sorry to hear that. I also apologize that me or anyone else couln't help you sooner. Anyway, of course I have a few tips that might help, it's just my 2 cents though so here it is... Obviously hard-reset after flashing any type of ROM, it will only cause problems otherwise. Make sure your server setting are correct. Your post said that you have an XV6700, so the server settings should be "Verizon Wireless"; Port number "80"; Server address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms; Connect via "The Internet"; and make sure your sending size limitation is greater than what you expect. Also, sometimes MMS messages get stuck in the Inbox/Outbox. Try manually navigating to the offending folder and see if the message is pending there. If so, hold down on it and choose "send message" or "download message" according to what you need to do at that point.
Other than that I'm not to familiar with ArcSoft MMS but if anyone else has anything to add please share!
Old 12-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Lurker

envyv07 is a n00b
Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that. I also apologize that me or anyone else couln't help you sooner. Anyway, of course I have a few tips that might help, it's just my 2 cents though so here it is... Obviously hard-reset after flashing any type of ROM, it will only cause problems otherwise. Make sure your server setting are correct. Your post said that you have an XV6700, so the server settings should be "Verizon Wireless"; Port number "80"; Server address: http://mms.vtext.com/servlets/mms; Connect via "The Internet"; and make sure your sending size limitation is greater than what you expect. Also, sometimes MMS messages get stuck in the Inbox/Outbox. Try manually navigating to the offending folder and see if the message is pending there. If so, hold down on it and choose "send message" or "download message" according to what you need to do at that point.
Other than that I'm not to familiar with ArcSoft MMS but if anyone else has anything to add please share!
Thanks, I'm going to give it a one more go.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Lurker

envyv07 is a n00b
Ok, back!

I found out what was causing the problem. The ArcSoft MMS, which I installed from the "Extended ROM." I have to go without it to use picture/video messaging. Any ideas?

Also, what is the "HTC getMMSCtxMenuInfo" .cab file, anything important?

Last edited by envyv07; 12-16-2007 at 02:50 AM.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Hellion is a n00b
Just tested out the weather "bug" on two fresh installs on two 6700's (1 red / 1 yellow) and had to do the delete that registry entry to get the weather to work! Everything else seems to work smooth. Just gotta try do some bluetooth file transfer later on... will report back!

Great ROM!!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lrosenman is becoming a great contributor
Yes, this fix:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeklemz
remove HKLM/comm/tcpip/hosts/htc-something-or-other

I'll have to see if this really works. I have had a lot of people asking about the weather plugin lately and if a reg change fixes it I'll have to cook it into the next build.
fixes the weather in the HTC Home plug-in.

(If I read it right, it's a hosts entry that you need to delete).

Thanks again for a great ROM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Exclamation New ROM

Well, I just cooked a completely stock WM6 ROM for Apache. Only extra things included are MMS (for selected carriers), Adobe Reader Lite, Java Midlet Manager, and some very small tweaks of my own aside from what the kitchen offers.
Couldn't pay my high-speed internet bill this month so I'm stuck with my Apache for a modem. So let me know if anybody is interested, I don't want to waste my time at a hotspot or using my Apache to upload it if nobody is going to use it, so let me know.
Also, I really like this ROM, I set the pagepool to 4mb which has worked great for me so far. Without all the EXTRA programs and a little more program memory my device seems to be a lot faster and more stable. The added plus of having a complete stock ROM is also the ability to easily add whatever version of whatever program(s) you prefer that would otherwise be "cooked" into the OS. For example a lot of people were having problems with the HTC Home Plugin and HTC Home Customizer. Well, now you can just install your own version, and personally... I think it works out a lot better that way. I have never been a big fan of really anything besides OEM software cooked into my ROMs, that's just me though...

Last edited by robmayer; 12-17-2007 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Telus

tuckerdog is a n00b
Hii Rob,

I am in Canada with Telus as my provider and I was wondering what problems I will come across flashing the ROM to the generic you have for the PPC-6700?
Old 12-17-2007, 09:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckerdog View Post
Hii Rob,

I am in Canada with Telus as my provider and I was wondering what problems I will come across flashing the ROM to the generic you have for the PPC-6700?
Well, you will come across no problems as far as I am aware of. Of course you will have to install MMS if you use it, and set up your data conenction manually, but that's about it.
A .cab file for MMS should be on your device in the extended ROM, just install it after you flash to the generic WM6. Setting up your data connection is as simple as creating a new network connection and having it dial the number designated by your carrier to access the data network.
Also, back up all of your information before you flash any sort of ROM to your device. Everything will be erased and will need to be restored after upgrading.
Well, I hope this helps. You can also always go back to your carrier stock ROM if things don't work out. Send me a PM or post here if you need any more help.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Telus

tuckerdog is a n00b
I must sound silly, but what is MMS? and how can I find it in my extended rom?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development