PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 06:50 PM
Lurker

besouro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
REflashing the ROM....

Rob, your update was great and it worked really weel. but in my newness i download and old verizion update and now i cannot get the wm6 ROM to flash for me. Do you have any sugguestion. I keep getting a connection error now when i try to reflash the ROM>>>>thanks
Old 11-06-2007, 09:22 PM
N00b

bmx045 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by besouro View Post
Rob, your update was great and it worked really weel. but in my newness i download and old verizion update and now i cannot get the wm6 ROM to flash for me. Do you have any sugguestion. I keep getting a connection error now when i try to reflash the ROM>>>>thanks

what bootloader version do you have?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Sprint

rxb216 is just getting started
Hi Rob, I am one of the many many people who DO have an unlimited data plan so having the "data connection always on" is important to me and many others. If we need to do an extra step to enable this (sounds like you are turning this off in the next build?), please let us know.

Also, what about leaving Windows Live Seach out of the ROM? Since there are updates all the time from Microsoft regarding this product, if we upgrade the program won't this leave the old files in place since they are part of your cooked ROM? I also think Live Search uses a lot of program space, and some people like me install this to a storage card. I think letting users add this seperatly is better, what ya think? Storage space is so limited in the first place, so less is better, else Apache = sluggggggggish

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmayer View Post
Daveedem and rxb216,

First, yes... just disable it in the comm manager. I plan to remove this change anyway in build 7... which brings me to the question of whether or not I am upgrading to the latest WM6 build 5.2.1908, and the answer is yes. I have VZW build 7 WM6 build 5.2.1908 on my 6700 right now and it is wonderful so far. Took me all day to strip the OS out of the kitchen and decode it for modification. Helmi had it locked down pretty tight as well as a password protected rar archive containg the new OS core components. I finally got it going now, so if all keeps running good with Build 7, it will be released by or on Thursday. It will be a very nice upgrade. Just hang on a little longer. It will definitely be worth it!

~Rob

Last edited by rxb216; 11-06-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9530
Carrier: Verizon

hunter is a n00b
problem installing build 6

Currently running helmi's first wm6 rom on my xv6700, my phone is hooked up via USB in bootloader mode version 1.04 fixed my vista computer with the ruu driver, downloaded and ran robs rom build 6 for verizon. Phone connected, info was retrieved then i clicked next to do upgrade and received this error
ERROR 150: ROM UPGRADE UTILITY ERROR
This Rom Upgrade Utility is not designed for your device
Please get proper rom upgrade utility

what next?

Last edited by hunter; 11-07-2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

cjbreisch is just getting started
BTW, Rob...when I went to Vista-32, my problems with PocketController went away. It works perfectly now, so I'm sure the problem was on my machine somehow. It's not a Vista-64 issue, because it was working on Vista-64 previously. It was just something screwed up on my PC.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:43 AM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Quote:
Took me all day to strip the OS out of the kitchen and decode it for modification. Helmi had it locked down pretty tight as well as a password protected rar archive containg the new OS core components. I finally got it going now, so if all keeps running good with Build 7, it will be released by or on Thursday. It will be a very nice upgrade. Just hang on a little longer. It will definitely be worth it!

~Rob
Uh, no - if we'd wanted to lock it down tight, we wouldn't have posted the password - or used such an obvious one. That aside, what are you doing that requires you to extract from the rar? Very few, if any, mods need to be applied directly to the core.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

richjolliff is a n00b
Smile Helmis' Kitchen

Rob,
After using the new kitchen for two days, I have gone back to your Version 6 for Sprint. I am not sure why, but I had lock up after lock up w/ current Helmi version. I am glad to say that your wm6 ver. 6 is amazing, and no more lock ups!
Old 11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700
Threadstarter

robmayer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to robmayer Send a message via MSN to robmayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by besouro View Post
Email me at support@6700development.com and I will walk you through it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxb216 View Post
Hi Rob, I am one of the many many people who DO have an unlimited data plan so having the "data connection always on" is important to me and many others. If we need to do an extra step to enable this (sounds like you are turning this off in the next build?), please let us know.

Also, what about leaving Windows Live Seach out of the ROM? Since there are updates all the time from Microsoft regarding this product, if we upgrade the program won't this leave the old files in place since they are part of your cooked ROM? I also think Live Search uses a lot of program space, and some people like me install this to a storage card. I think letting users add this seperatly is better, what ya think? Storage space is so limited in the first place, so less is better, else Apache = sluggggggggish
The way to turn the data connection always on is in HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Providers\{7C4B7A38-5FF7-4bc1-80F6-5DA7870BB1AA}\Connections\YOUR CONNECTION NAME
AlwaysOn=dword:1

Obviously, to turn it off... AlwaysOn=dword:0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
Currently running helmi's first wm6 rom on my xv6700, my phone is hooked up via USB in bootloader mode version 1.04 fixed my vista computer with the ruu driver, downloaded and ran robs rom build 6 for verizon. Phone connected, info was retrieved then i clicked next to do upgrade and received this error
ERROR 150: ROM UPGRADE UTILITY ERROR
This Rom Upgrade Utility is not designed for your device
Please get proper rom upgrade utility

what next?
Might be bootloader 1.04. Take the nk.nbf from my package, and replace the nk.nbf in the original Helmi release, then flash. You probably downloaded the bootloader 1.04 version from Helmi, however my versions only work with bootloader v.2.02. So essentially, you will be putting my cooked ROM into Helmi's RUU. Edit by luv2chill: Please see naigaboy's post a couple down from this one for information about this. Bootloader 1.04 is not a problem--just requires a different utility to flash the ROM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbreisch View Post
BTW, Rob...when I went to Vista-32, my problems with PocketController went away. It works perfectly now, so I'm sure the problem was on my machine somehow. It's not a Vista-64 issue, because it was working on Vista-64 previously. It was just something screwed up on my PC.
Wonderful.. that's good to hear. Let me know if you need anything else though. I'm here to help out whenever somebody needs it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richjolliff View Post
Rob,
After using the new kitchen for two days, I have gone back to your Version 6 for Sprint. I am not sure why, but I had lock up after lock up w/ current Helmi version. I am glad to say that your wm6 ver. 6 is amazing, and no more lock ups!
Good news! Thanks for posting your thoughts... and it makes me glad to hear you enjoy my work. I am happy it is working out well for you. Also, build 7 is right around the corner, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by luv2chill; 11-09-2007 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-07-2007, 05:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9530

hunter is a n00b
Quote:
Might be bootloader 1.04. Take the nk.nbf from my package, and replace the nk.nbf in the original Helmi release, then flash. You probably downloaded the bootloader 1.04 version from Helmi, however my versions only work with bootloader v.2.02. So essentially, you will be putting my cooked ROM into Helmi's RUU.

Thank you for the answer, b4 i do this, 2 questions. 1) can i upgrade to bootloader 2.02 so i dont have to do this fix on your future builds, and 2) should i wait till build 7 is ready, or your kitchen.

I am new to being a member of the forum but have read it for quite some time, I really appreciate the way you do your work, and think the guys working on Helmi's kitchen could learn a thing or two from you. Keep up the good work.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 (Apache) ;PPC 6800 (Mogul)

naigaboy is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to naigaboy Send a message via MSN to naigaboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter View Post
Thank you for the answer, b4 i do this, 2 questions. 1) can i upgrade to bootloader 2.02 so i dont have to do this fix on your future builds, and 2) should i wait till build 7 is ready, or your kitchen.

I am new to being a member of the forum but have read it for quite some time, I really appreciate the way you do your work, and think the guys working on Helmi's kitchen could learn a thing or two from you. Keep up the good work.
Just giving important information for those that need it in regards to bootloaders.

There are 2 different versions of the 6700 same as the wizard. G3 and G4 device.
G3 devices are the older devices and they either have 1.00 or 1.02 as the bootloader.
G4 devices are semi newer devices and have 2.02 as the bootloader.
When Bell released their official 3.3 AKU ROM it included bootloader upgrades to both devices to 1.04/2.04 respectively.
When Verizon released their official 3.3 AKU ROM it included bootloader upgrades to both devices to 1.04/2.05 respectively.

You can still flash ROMs to the new bootloaders, you just need the newer RUUs and smaller ROM sizes.

If you would like to downgrade your bootloader or see in some detail what it takes, information about bootloader downgrade is posted here.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7820

Hey Brian, Its been 24 hrs, Got my money?
Stop playing with me man.
This what happens man.
You got till 5 o'clock

Kitchen Info:

Last edited by naigaboy; 11-09-2007 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Cleanup.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development