PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) Bugs/Patches (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7780)

bmtbandit 08-31-2007 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dang15 (Post 80557)
I installed everyting and it worked fine.
I wanted to go back to the old version, but can not get the phone back in bootloader or do a hard reset.

Thanks

YOu hold the power, and record, and soft reset and it does not go into bootloader?

Jay6700 08-31-2007 05:09 PM

I've reinstalled the rom 3 times now, no issues iwth hard reset or getting in bootloader mode. I have a bad habit of messing up my install, but i think i'm good now. I've had zero issues thus far, and am taking full advantage of it's functionality. Have you tried a soft reset before a hard reset or bootloader? Do a soft reset, then press the buttons down before it comes back might get you in bootloader.

javo419 08-31-2007 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gervy (Post 80506)
Tell them to kill the LOCK feature on their Exchange server. It's horrible (speaking as an Exchange admin).

I wish I could...but im just a small fish in a big pond. I hated the thing, but atleast now I have a keypad to ease my pain on entering the password.

javo419 08-31-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmtbandit (Post 80536)
I get this as well, but normally when this is going on you see Text saying what it is doing, and a restart box at the end. This is what is not happening. I have had this with other kitchens, and custom dialers, and when you revert to the stock dialer this reboot and messages happen again. I don't know if it is actually updating or just going through the voice prompt. I should have looked at the PRL version before and after the update, but did not. Any one who has not *228ed in a while on verizon, can you please check this, and report back weather the versions actually change.

Yes, your right. I do remember this now. Been a while since ive done the upgrade.

pgdeaner 08-31-2007 05:30 PM

Active Sync

I am able to pair my device but get out of memory errors trying to sync calendar and notes items from Outlook 2003.

bobbrodie 08-31-2007 05:41 PM

White Screen

With different roms I've experienced the white screen - if you look at it at almost 180 degrees you can see a faint picture. Usually to fix it I hit the buttons to do a hard reset and do a soft reset in the middle. I've reproduced it a few times. Hope that helps someone.

bobbrodie 08-31-2007 06:14 PM

I just found this - http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...messages+reset - is there a program that normally writes the RAM to the device that could be absent?

tech 08-31-2007 06:14 PM

it wont puase the data its always sending data even if nothing is running?

saqer 08-31-2007 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2chill (Post 80530)
Yes Exchange 2007 is required for HTML e-mail.

Can you please elaborate? So, html will not be available for those who DO NOT use exchange? How about PUSH services like mail2web and emoze?
edit: Html does not work with this PUSH service. The "get html" option is grayed out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AstainHellbring (Post 80458)
Is there anyway to add in VOIP for this, that is one of the biggies that I would love to have from wm6?

Test it, if you can get skype to make and accept calls using the internal speaker, then voila. Most likely all sound will still be redirected to external speaker. There is no built in soft phone app in WM6 so you'll have to download one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raging Idiot (Post 80410)
As this is supposed to be the bugs/patches thread, hopefully it will stay on topic. Some posts might best be placed as general questions in the forum.

With that being said, and although this isn't exactly a bug, it is likely undesirable by most - The IR beam is set to "on" by default.
Also-
No longer can use "advanced" setting in the standard Search program.

To save battery life make sure you all go into settings->connections->beam and deselect "recieve all incoming beams".

You can use the "included" File Explorer to do advanced searches

Have not had any lockups or issues since flashing, but that's also because I haven't installed many of the programs I had before. Realize that not all apps designed for WM5 will work well with WM6. Sometimes the developer will come out with the same app for WM6, so if you find a certain app behaving differently, then realize that it may not be fully compatible.

kyppcgeek 08-31-2007 06:20 PM

I checked and the phone has PRL 50855

luv2chill 08-31-2007 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saqer (Post 80608)
Can you please elaborate? So, html will not be available for those who DO NOT use exchange? How about PUSH services like mail2web and emoze?.

No I just meant for exchange sync... HTML e-mail should work fine with POP and IMAP servers... not sure about Hotmail (via Windows Live).

Mail2web (not sure bout emoze) is Exchange 2003, so no HTML e-mail through them. I believe they plan to upgrade to 2007 later this year.

Trident 08-31-2007 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by naigaboy (Post 80428)
Create new key VoiceCommand under OEM
create new string type Path with no value

Result should look like this
HKLM\software\OEM\VoiceCommand
Path=""

I think I'm doing what I'm being told, but it's still not working.
This is right, right?

cyberfreak95 08-31-2007 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberfreak95 (Post 80496)
My GPS icon under system is missing and so i can't use my BT GPS.

Does anyone know how to enable that in WM6?

Also if anyone knows how to disable the "SUCCESS:PHONE #" After every sent text message please let me know as it's driving me nuts!

All in all this is an awesome release and I can't wait for the kitchen.

Thanks!

Found the GPS icon, it's under connections now...

Now if i can just figure out how to disable that success message after sending a text...

naigaboy 08-31-2007 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 80615)
This is right, right?

Did you soft reset after.
I have done this multiple times and so have others.

luv2chill 08-31-2007 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trident (Post 80615)
This is right, right?

Nope it's not... Why did you edit the default value? First of all open that up and clear it out so it shows nothing next to that.

Create a new string value and name it "Path" (no quotes). Don't set the value to anything--just leave it blank. Then exit out of the reg editor, suspend your device and wake it a couple of times (this ensures that your edits get saved to flash). Then soft reset the phone. Your button 5 should work after that.

If it doesn't, you should just use the cab file I created for this many months ago:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=2447

froader 08-31-2007 06:57 PM

HTML email

Everyone needs to use Exchange. I know "Microsoft". But it does work. At least try it.
http://www.1and1.com/?k_id=13687316 has hosted exchange service for $6/mo. It's well worth it plus the cheapest around.
They use exchange 2007 and give you a free outlook client.
Have all your computers/mobile devices completely synced without any effort.
HTML email --------- YEP!!!!
I think they have a 90 day trial as well.

cyberfreak95 08-31-2007 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdx77 (Post 80325)
For those of you who are having the text messaging issues, did you let the carrier customizations run? I remember having this issue with a previous ROM, and what fixed it was to NOT let the carrier customization run.

Try hard resetting your phone, and when it prompts that it is going to start the customization in 3 seconds, do a soft reset and see if that works.

Just a note, that all of the customizations for your carrier are built into the ROM (assuming you installed the correct one for your carrier)

I tried skipping the carrier customazations and the "SUCCESS:###-###-####" still comes up after sending a text message.

The carrier rom doesn't do it either. It's someting in the builds...

cyberfreak95 08-31-2007 07:41 PM

To stop the SUCCESS: text message confirmation do this regedit:
Edit the registry

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\SMS

Change "Delivery Ack" from 1 to 0

Soft reset

dfrank 08-31-2007 08:07 PM

Same here...

Quote:

Originally Posted by javo419 (Post 80438)
I connect to an exchange server for work, and as anal as the IT department is they force me to add a numeric password for my phone in order to sync with the server. Anyways, with this numeric password it makes me enter in my password on a hard reset. I either have to enter in the password really fast for it to unlock or it will just hang on me for a while when I try to unlock. I enter my password, hit unlock...it goes off into lala-land for a bit, then it clears the entry field and i renenter my password and then it unlocks. I can get it to do this every time on a reset. Has anyone else experienced this?

My device seems to hang forever after pin entry, I just did a hard-reset. Other than that, this ROM is awesome!

mellon 08-31-2007 08:20 PM

anyone can get the yahoo go 2 working? i always got stuck at login

haus 08-31-2007 08:31 PM

I seem to have to press the red phone key twice in order to return to the home screen. I think in the past I only had to hit it once. For example, if I'm in my inbox looking at my list of email messages and I press the red phone button once, I get a very quiet beep and nothing happens. If I double-press the red button, I get returned to the Today screen. Not sure if that's a bug or a feature. :)

PhilR8 08-31-2007 08:35 PM

I read the entire thread and didn't seen any mention of this, so perhaps it is a problem isolated to my device:

Internet sharing is not working for me. I've used it in the past with several different roms without any problems. I have the Toshiba BT stack and normally, I create a new connection from my PC and select "serial" as the connection type. Then I select Internet Sharing on my PDA, press connect, and then double click the icon on my computer that represents my PDA. Done.

Now, when I try to create a BT connection with my Apache with this WM6 rom, I cannot select a "serial" connection - I can only connect a dialup network option. I initiate the connection from my PC, it dials #777, and then connects to the internet and I'm off and running.

So, I have the internet over bluetooth, but I would rather use Internet sharing. This new wmodem-esque way of using my phone as a modem seems slower.

Any thoughts? Is it just my device? Thanks!

chutio13 08-31-2007 08:37 PM

car bluetooth

When my phone pairs with my car after this upgrade, it automatically shows calling on the screen in the car. but the phone shows no calls being made. I have to press hang up on my cars steering wheel to end the call. this did not happen before with WM5. I do however like the antenna strength on my car's screen which did not show up before.

So far, great job.... hopefully all the bugs will be worked out... looking forward to the kitchen

CHUFLY29 08-31-2007 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfrank (Post 80664)
My device seems to hang forever after pin entry, I just did a hard-reset. Other than that, this ROM is awesome!

I had this happen to me also (and it seems a few others have this issue).

I've also noticed that when using the iLauncher Close(X) button it doesn't actually close the phone app all the time. In fact, I've had more than a few open (3-4). However, I'm guessing this is more of a iLauncher thing than the ROM

brad65807 08-31-2007 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 80669)
I seem to have to press the red phone key twice in order to return to the home screen. I think in the past I only had to hit it once. For example, if I'm in my inbox looking at my list of email messages and I press the red phone button once, I get a very quiet beep and nothing happens. If I double-press the red button, I get returned to the Today screen. Not sure if that's a bug or a feature. :)

Just tried it, and i have the same thing. 1 push of the red phone will only beep. I did find out if you are in a call and reading your email, 1 push will hang up the call, but leave you in the email you were reading.

charleskincade 08-31-2007 08:51 PM

apache wm6 ce os

I flashed the new rom this morning but I can't my text messaging to work at all. Can someone please help me! I also noticed there are two browsers and two file explorers. Otherwise, everything works perfectly fine for me. But as stated before. I click the messaging icon and nothing happens. I try to do it from the start menu and when I click on new and select sms nothing happens there either. Somebody, anybody please help!

naigaboy 08-31-2007 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilR8 (Post 80671)
I read the entire thread and didn't seen any mention of this, so perhaps it is a problem isolated to my device:

Internet sharing is not working for me. I've used it in the past with several different roms without any problems. I have the Toshiba BT stack and normally, I create a new connection from my PC and select "serial" as the connection type. Then I select Internet Sharing on my PDA, press connect, and then double click the icon on my computer that represents my PDA. Done.

Now, when I try to create a BT connection with my Apache with this WM6 rom, I cannot select a "serial" connection - I can only connect a dialup network option. I initiate the connection from my PC, it dials #777, and then connects to the internet and I'm off and running.

So, I have the internet over bluetooth, but I would rather use Internet sharing. This new wmodem-esque way of using my phone as a modem seems slower.

Any thoughts? Is it just my device? Thanks!

try this reg entry

BT PAN fix
HKLM\Comm\BTPAN1\Parms
ServiceID = {00001116-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}

The value it has works on all stacks but toshiba. (toshiba works with nap and not pan)
lemme know how that works, dont have toshiba bt stack anymore.

charleskincade 08-31-2007 08:56 PM

apache wm6 ce os

ok, just did a soft reset and it seemed to solve the text messaging problem for now. Also, does anyone know if we can change the background colors on the today screen from the dull gray and black? I can change the background itself but is it possible to make the icons on the today screen appear in color?

azarc3 08-31-2007 08:57 PM

I didn't see this directly anywhere so posting it...

ROM doesn't play nice with Chapura PocketMirror Professional v2.22.

After installation I can't get past the Windows Mobile boot screen with the circular lines on it. I'm trying a factory reset now.

rwspark 08-31-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cyberfreak95 (Post 80658)
To stop the SUCCESS: text message confirmation do this regedit:
Edit the registry

HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\SMS

Change "Delivery Ack" from 1 to 0

Soft reset

Mine was set to 3. I changed it to 0 and it still tells me that my message was sent.

saqer 08-31-2007 09:21 PM

Two other "bugs"?

Confirm if you experience this as well but:

1. Data arrows remain white even if there's no active data transfer. Tried changing the registry key to an always-on EVDO connection because I thought it would make a difference. Still no change in arrow color.

2. Happened to me occasionally with the last kitchen, but when accepting a call it automatically answers it in speakerphone mode. I noticed this happens when a call comes in while trying to connect to #777. Also adds an 'unknown' Caller ID entry in call log.

I don't have any apps installed....

Trident 08-31-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2chill (Post 80633)
Nope it's not... Why did you edit the default value? First of all open that up and clear it out so it shows nothing next to that.

Create a new string value and name it "Path" (no quotes). Don't set the value to anything--just leave it blank. Then exit out of the reg editor, suspend your device and wake it a couple of times (this ensures that your edits get saved to flash). Then soft reset the phone. Your button 5 should work after that.

Spec-freaking-tacular.
Thank you.
I deleted the whole key and started over using these directions and it works perfectly now.

I think I remember using the little cab a while ago- I probably should have just found it. But I like being able to do it myself.

naigaboy 08-31-2007 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saqer (Post 80699)
Confirm if you experience this as well but:

1. Data arrows remain white even if there's no active data transfer. Tried changing the registry key to an always-on EVDO connection because I thought it would make a difference. Still no change in arrow color.

2. Happened to me occasionally with the last kitchen, but when accepting a call it automatically answers it in speakerphone mode. I noticed this happens when a call comes in while trying to connect to #777. Also adds an 'unknown' Caller ID entry in call log.

1. Data arrows not showing dormant is because of touch dial skin. When kitchen is available, you will be able to select your own dial pad skin and we will prolly have that fixed by then, if its possible.

2. You are the first i have heard of this and i have tried to duplicate this error by calling my phn after starting ie, but didnt get the same result. Did you install any other cabs on there?

Farnz 08-31-2007 09:42 PM

Keyboard problem

Very impressed with the rom so far. My keyboard always types the numbers instead of the letters. I have tried to push the red dot a few times to get back to the letters, but it still types out numbers. If I go into Word, the keys work perfectly. Any ideas?

thi 08-31-2007 09:49 PM

xcpuscalar 3.03 works flawlessly. I've had to disable while using Phoenix Rom.

*Edit Another glitch, install Oxios CloseApp & Hibernate. Only Hibernate icon is located in programs screen. Close Apps is enabled through the menu.

naigaboy 08-31-2007 09:54 PM

The keyboard imitates the mogul now with wm6. You can now use letters in smartdial. Although, if u press the alt key you will still get the numbers across the top.
So if smartdial is open in landscape your keyboard will imitate mogul.
678=123
hjk=456
bnm=789
.=0

Elveston 08-31-2007 10:15 PM

Sddaemon cannot be opened

I did a quick install this afternoon. The "Sddaemon cannot be opened" message has appeared several times thus far. Everything seems to be running well, except I cannot sync my contacts and cannot enter any contacts. I'll try a re-install tomorrow. By the way, just what is the "Sddaemon"?

naigaboy 08-31-2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elveston (Post 80734)
I did a quick install this afternoon. The "Sddaemon cannot be opened" message has appeared several times thus far. Everything seems to be running well, except I cannot sync my contacts and cannot enter any contacts. I'll try a re-install tomorrow. By the way, just what is the "Sddaemon"?

hard reset after flashing the ROM. perform a hard reset right now by pressing the 2 soft key buttons and soft reset at the same time.
white screen should come up, press y on keyboard and maybe space bar to boot (space depends on version of bootloader)

BenRivera 08-31-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q2010 (Post 80300)
Wireless manager doesn't open when you press and hold IE button.
Q

I had to assign it to the button on mine for it to work.

tvith 08-31-2007 10:27 PM

Ok so i have two problems::

1) after a soft reset *even after the rom installation and all the soft resets that followed after* when the phone comes bak to the today screen i get an sddaemon.exe error which states:
"The file 'sddaemon' cannot be opened. Either it is not signed with a trusted cetificate, or one of its components cannot be found. If the problem persists, try reinstalling or restoring the file"

2) I have two Comm Manager as well as two Windows Media showing...
for Comm Manager I have one file w/ the name "Comm Manager" and the other one is w/ the name "CommManager" *notice there is a difference of space between the 2 words*
and for Windows Media I have one file w/ the name "Windows Media (1)" and the other one is w/ the name "Windows Media". They both open up the named app.

*Also, it still shows "Terminal Services Client", "Voice Speed Dial" and "Zip" but if i click on them, i get an error just like i did for sddaemon.... any ideas y?

**BTW... I'm using APAC_WM6_R0_Verizon1.02bootloader