PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

aglinx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
backlight problem

My backlight when on battery power keeps reverting back to 10 seconds everytime I soft reset after I have repeatedly set it to 30 seconds. Is anyone else having this problem or anyone know of a fix for it?
Old 09-03-2007, 06:32 AM
boubert

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
hard resetting after flashing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee4fun View Post
After a hard reset it works...Strange.

i always hard reset 4-5 times after flashing a new rom. even before i sync the device, before i started doing this i used to have a lot of trouble getting "some" apps to work properly. now most of the problems that other people have i don't. now i cant swear this helps, may just be my superstitious nature but knock wood .
Old 09-03-2007, 07:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
What buttons are you referring to?
I've still got the same indicators to the left of the names/numbers that I've had on every dialer ever.
You really don't need them- you can still tap or tap/hold any item and call, delete, etc.
Those are not there for me. If I go to phone and then call history it will just show the numbers like usual but its missing the buttons on the side like its not there or some sort of glitch and itjust shows a small portion of the phone dialer.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:40 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrlude View Post
I too have set this in this fashion. How exactly do you suspend/restore your device. I was under the impression that "suspend" meant letting my device go dormant, to where I have to press Power button to "restore" awaken it. Please advise. Would give a screen shot, but my PPC is the only cam I have. Cheers!
To manually suspend, press the power button briefly. Restore by pressing it briefly again.
Holding the power button turns off the screen. Holding again turns the screen back on.
Just in case I got that reversed, I did both a few times.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:47 AM
The Source of Power

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManX4lf View Post
Those are not there for me. If I go to phone and then call history it will just show the numbers like usual but its missing the buttons on the side like its not there or some sort of glitch and itjust shows a small portion of the phone dialer.
Not sure what's causing it... I think I've read that it could be from letting those pesky customizations run after flashing. Or not hard resetting after flashing.
Regardless, you have a few options.
  1. Try to install a different dialer and see if that helps.
  2. Do a hard reset and don't let customizations run. (Backup first, so everything done so far isn't lost. The backup shouldn't restore something like your dialer.)
  3. Re-flash the device, then hard reset and make sure to not let the customizations run both times.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Eris
Carrier: Verizon

badfrog is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguyinoc View Post
Everything is looking good, except I found a bug in the button 5 press & hold. If I just press button 5 or press and hold it down, it launches whatever app I have tied to the press & hold trigger. The app tied to the press action never launches. Anyone else experience this?
I'm having the same problem.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:27 AM
The Source of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfrog View Post
I'm having the same problem.
For those having the issue with the button 5 and activesync, try the fixes that we discussed earlier in this thread.

Also, what works for me without changing the registry is setting VoiceCommand to Press-Hold and something else (that won't work!) to just press. Down side is that you lose half the functionality of the button. Upside is that MSVC works on button 5 without reg edits.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: apache

shiggs is a n00b
sprint - rom

All of the following have been mentioned already but I will confirm:

WPA-PSK wifi authentication not working (have not tried wep or unsecured)
Icons in call history are blank and you can see dialer under it
Phone volume seems to be on the low side (though not sure how it compares to a stock AKU)
Character counter in text message window missing? (I don't recall where it was prior)
Voicemail icon in top bar does nothing when clicked (not that I complaining about it, I always found the constant notifications in wm5 to be annoying)
Old 09-03-2007, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

Apogee is a n00b
Anyone having trouble sending MMS on Sprint? It says message delivery failed or message receipt failed. I haven't seen any posts about this yet.
Old 09-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: verizon

azkid is a n00b
I reported earlier that my wifi was not working but I can confirm what kinglou0 said that unsecure wifi will connect but secure will not, I am getting invallid key when trying to access secure network. Everything else that I have tried is working.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development