PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2010, 01:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vx6700
Carrier: page plus

gerkey is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PDAJ's Clean WM6.5 ROM 4 Apache

i seen this phone on ebay and was like what a joke... then i studied up on it and to say i cant wait for it to arrive..... i use it on page plus do you think i can use the internet with them i get 20mb a month is that alot .... and what would be a good version to start out with i wanna use stereo bluetooth headphones ad2p come with 6.5 and what about touch flow?
Old 02-13-2010, 04:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: sprint

tiggntampa813 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by noracowan View Post
i really need help i am paying for a data package that i can't use because i can not get my phone linked to the web HELP i have done the #777 and it keeps coming back network log on there is no certificates on this phone nor does it show there is anything HELP! i like having to use things i pay for the person i purchased this from used the net on it and he said it worked xv6700 vzw needs help please i don';t have the getting started cd and this is driving me insane please help me.

umm #777 i think (dnt quote me) but is for sprint.. not vzw.

somebody let me know if this is correct
Old 02-13-2010, 04:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6900

tiggntampa813 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by vjpstd View Post
i mucked up my phone --- its was loading then got to 99% and died i was hoping for 100% but got some-sort of error instead

i have been getting errors --many different errors since the 99%problem
i feel like i have tried all the different loaders expect the right one

i think you should flash back to your original OEM ROM, then re-try the 6.5 ROM
Old 02-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

madman9687 is a n00b

So, I've scoured the entire thread hoping to see someone with the same problem as me, but I guess my issue is unique. I've been running the clean ROM for a little under a month, with no problem. As recently as yesterday, my phone started to respond extremely late to almost every command. I can't access Internet Explorer anymore, and almost all of the built in applications take forever to load, including my text messaging and task manager. I don't have any external applications loaded, and I haven't made any modifications personally. I have over 30 MB of storage space and generally about 22 MB of RAM. If anyone has any ideas concerning what might be wrong with my phone, please help me!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700 and htc touch
Carrier: cricket

trigger13 is a n00b

hey im really enjoying this rom, installed it last night, working great, no lag at all, the only prob is that it does not recognize the miniSD card
Old 03-01-2010, 03:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700

Shyne916 is a n00b

had problem installing with windows 7 x64 but when i use vmware xp pro works like a charm
Old 03-06-2010, 06:39 PM
khashi

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i got this 6.5 app to install onto my xv6700 (1.04 bootloader) but the only issue i have is when i preform the hard reset, the screen just goes back to serial and bootloading screen. i tried a handful of times but however i hard reset, it does not boot : / any ideas?

Last edited by khashi; 03-07-2010 at 12:54 AM. Reason: i fixed the last issue : p
Old 04-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

softy@me is a n00b

ummm.............. I have got a Verizon xv6700 & i would like a windows 6.5 and can u give me the link and some directions..... You guys are alot of help
Old 04-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: Verizon

softy@me is a n00b

Oh i would also like to add facebook and myspace and some fun games if i can now not nessary..... really but ok thanks for you guys can help...
Old 04-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Apache
Carrier: Telus

awdnut is a n00b

The links and instructions are all right here. Lots of people have come on here, read the thread, clicked the links, and got WM6.5, myself included. We know you can do it too because PDA Junkie made it SO easy!

Having said that, I do have some issues with the ROM on my Telus HTC Apache (UTStarcom)...

The lock screen application was acting oddly after trying to set the "hint" to some recovery info. I tried a few resets and eventually removed the battery to get it working again. It actually came up with the old lock screen once after that and I just said "enough" and disabled the password on the lock screen.

In 6.1 you can 'hibernate' (turn off) the phone while playing music and music keeps playing. In fact if music was paused when you power off the phone, it started playing again and it was a bit of a trick to turn the phone off so that it's not in media player or on the media plugin in the today screen.

In 6.5 turning off the phone stops music playback. I found the screen toggle option in the media center options but that sucks as it's very easy to bump the phone and call the last person you were talking to. Eventually I got smart and locked the screen (WinKey + Button1) but the phone never seemed to 'hibernate' even when it was way past the hibernation value I set in the power settings.

I haven't tried data yet but at this point I'm looking at getting a 6.5 kitchen and cooking my own to get a better blend of what I need.. (SDHC/CPUXScale/Freecell/VoiceCommand/etc..)

Still this was a great preview of the improvements to 6.5 and a few of the 'problems' .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development