PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2007, 05:43 PM
Lurker

borg.cube is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
anyone know how to change the message format

No problem installing the V0 rom on Verizon.

However, I'm connected to an Exchange 2007 server via Active Sync. I'm not getting HTML interpretation of my mail.

If I go into Tools->Options, click on "Outlook E-mail", check server address & click next, check server settings & click next, tab down to E-mail and click on settings, there is a pull-down option called "Message Format."

This option is greyed out and only "Plain Text" is shown. Anybody know why I can't select a different option ("HTML" -- I guess)-- or how to get that from not being greyed out by editing the registry??

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2007, 05:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Was xv6700...now xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

javo419 is a n00b
Is it possible to get the touchflo on thiis new version?
Old 08-31-2007, 05:58 PM
Lurker

bmjones is a n00b
well i installed verizon with bootloader 1.02 and it went fine, flawlessly. seems to take a little longer to reboot than before but no big deal. if i don't have to reboot it as often it'll be great.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by borg.cube View Post
No problem installing the V0 rom on Verizon.

If I go into Tools->Options, click on "Outlook E-mail", check server address & click next, check server settings & click next, tab down to E-mail and click on settings, there is a pull-down option called "Message Format."

This option is greyed out and only "Plain Text" is shown. Anybody know why I can't select a different option ("HTML" -- I guess)-- or how to get that from not being greyed out by editing the registry??

Thanks.
Is there any chance that's a sending format, not a receiving format, and the menu option is there but disabled pending a newer build of WM6? Just a wild guess...I'm just starting to follow this amazing development of WM6 on the Apache.

Helmi_c and everyone who has been plugging away at this stuff for a very long time now: *wonderful work*. I've been off the board for awhile but this is an incredible development for the Apache and revitalizes the device and the user community in a most substantial way. Verizon has left us without a decent upgrade path from the 6700 for far too long, and it is amazing to have a community that can transcend Verizon's corporate lethargy, taking matters into their own hands to provide upgrades where traditionally there would be none.

That said, I wonder if Helmi_c or one of the other wizards here can develop a software patch that makes the Apache just a little thinner in the pocket.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (via Alltel takeover)

answerman is a n00b
For the record, I just sent myself a bizarrely formatted HTML email message (a two row, three cell table, one cell spanning the other two, with three different fonts and colors) just to see what happens, and it displays in Messaging exactly as I sent it . And, I am using my IMAP (not Exchange) mailserver.

I had no problem selecting HTML as my formatting in Messaging... nothing was "greyed out" as others have posted.

So, it appears that it's not tied to Exchange. Having said that, I have no idea why I would want to receive HTML formatted email on my Apache anyway. I actually liked it displaying as plain text... it was a lot cleaner. I use it pretty much exclusively for business, though, so I'm more interested in the text of the message rather than how pretty it is.

Apparently I proved that HTML does display properly, though. My guess is that it's there for sending, not for receiving.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Karmashock is a n00b
is this something we should try to use or is it only fit for testing currently?
Old 08-31-2007, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

answerman is a n00b
I just thought about my post above and realized that I might be using Messaging differently... I am not using "Outlook E-mail". I chose "New Account" and set it up using "Internet e-mail" under "Select your provider".

Actually, I have three different accounts set up on my Apache... all set up as IMAP accounts, and they all show up as separate accounts from "Outlook E-Mail". It's the same way I always had them set up... they connect directly to my mailserver, not syncing through ActiveSync.

Maybe that might clear things up, or muddy them further.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

answerman is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by answerman View Post
Apparently I proved that HTML does display properly, though. My guess is that it's there for sending, not for receiving.
One more thing... after my previous two posts, I went back in and selected "Plain Text" for that account, did a soft reset, and sent the same message again (these messages were sent from my laptop using Mozilla Thunderbird, incidentally).

The new message showed up as text only in Messaging, but the previous one was still there as HTML formatted. Also, the download options changed (smallest download limit went from 2KB under HTML to .5KB under plain text).

So, the HTML/plain text selection in "Options" appears to be a setting for how the messages are downloaded, not how they are displayed.

Personally, I detest HTML formatted email... kind of old-school that way.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6700 WM6

JTSV is a n00b
Awesome! Thanks Helmi_c I think that I am the only person using transcriber. I use this verses any other imput and it keeps me from having to lag a laptop. I've tried cooking before to no avail and have tried downloading Transcribece from Microsoft and with the new WM6 it doesn't work. Any suggestions? Thanbks for all your Awesome work!

Sincerely,

John T. Snelson V
Old 08-31-2007, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

MrBigE is a n00b
Suuuuuuh-weeeet! Installation was a snap! Believe it or not, it appears to have affected my reception! I only get EVDO (barely!) once in a great while - mostly 1xRTT only. But after upgrade, I get 2 bars of EVDO coverage consistently where I live! Could be coincidence...

Anyway - great work sir!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development