PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Apache WM6 CE OS 5.2.1620 (Build 18125.0.4.2) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=7671)

kodoq 09-01-2007 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMB_XV6700 (Post 80933)
Martin, this update will not affect your prl. It is strictly an OS (nk.nbf) change and will not directly affect the extended rom, radio, or underlying phone files.

super :headbang: thx u :mrgreen:

DiamynzNPearlz 09-01-2007 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erock123 (Post 80807)
Flash "bricked" my phone? Don't know if it's relevant WinXP via VMWare Fusion. Successfully upgraded my phone in past on this OS. This Sprint WM6 "Helmi" ROM flash seemed to result in a 101 error after confirmation dialogue (you're going from this version to this version). Now it's not detectable via USB (ActiveSync), etc. It seems to be stuck in "bootloader" mode (Gray screen that states Serial/USB and Ver 2.02 at the bottom). I tried to run uni_exitbootloader.exe as it was recommended by helmi (diff. post) to bring a device out of bootloader mode - no success - error msg about "cannot open USB port..." even though I killed the activesync process. As ActiveSync doesn't seem to be detecting the device (when restarted) it's not possible to reflash or return to OEM ROM. I'm a n00b admittedly but none of the wiki pages or other forums seemed to address a scenario like this. Help, please?

Thanks,

-E

I had this EXACT same problem and thought I had effed something up. I tried everything including uni_exitbootloader.exe with no help. Follow helmi_c's instructions to DL wtty1.42.exe below and you will be fine! :)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=304408

ElAguila 09-01-2007 11:36 AM

A quick request for some of the users here. I have noticed over all of the threads a few have stated that they were able to perform this update using vista and the wmdc. For those who have successfully done so, can you create a different thread with vista instructions? Thanks for the effort that went into this!!

Perry 09-01-2007 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borg.cube (Post 80881)
OK-- the problem is SOLVED about HTML email. Apparently the support pages for my online exchange server account are WRONG. They had me point the phone to a server that was not the 2007 Exchange server. So that's why the message type was grayed out. Once they provided the correct server name, I entered that into the phone and had to re-activesync. Now all the Exchange 2007-WinMo6 features are enabled and the message type was no longer grayed out but could be switched to HTML.

Its working great!

(I've already sent my paypal donation!):mrgreen:

So the solution is to use Exchange 2007 only (and not 2003)? Good to know; I contacted my provider and they're rolling out their 2007 server in a few days. HTML email, here I come!

I do have another unrelated question, however. I thought MS Voice Command was included in WM6, but I don't see it anywhere on my Apache. Anyone know what the deal is?

Perry 09-01-2007 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borg.cube (Post 80881)
OK-- the problem is SOLVED about HTML email. Apparently the support pages for my online exchange server account are WRONG. They had me point the phone to a server that was not the 2007 Exchange server. So that's why the message type was grayed out. Once they provided the correct server name, I entered that into the phone and had to re-activesync. Now all the Exchange 2007-WinMo6 features are enabled and the message type was no longer grayed out but could be switched to HTML.

Its working great!

(I've already sent my paypal donation!):mrgreen:

So the solution is to use Exchange 2007 only (and not 2003)? Good to know; I contacted my provider and they're rolling out their 2007 server in a few days. HTML email, here I come!

I do have another unrelated question, however. I thought MS Voice Command was included in WM6, but I don't see it anywhere on my Apache. Anyone know what the deal is?

borg.cube 09-01-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perry (Post 80960)

Yes-- it will HTML message type is only an option for email when the phone has been connected to an Exchange 2007 server.

I just loaded MS Voice Command 1.6 but am heading out. I'll play with it later and let you know how it works. I had purchased 1.5 earlier and got a free upgrade to 1.6.

friguy3 09-01-2007 12:51 PM

haven't tried it yet, but one request (you know its coming from me), when the kitchen is put together, there is a choice between the arcsoft MMS? :) maybe im the only one, but the 3.5 version has always worked great for me. thanks!

erplot 09-01-2007 01:02 PM

HTC Today Plug-In

Does anyone know how to customize the HTC Today Plug-in?

saturn2069a 09-01-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by erplot (Post 80991)
Does anyone know how to customize the HTC Today Plug-in?

Get the HTC Home Customizer. See this thread here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=6355

schl8man 09-01-2007 01:55 PM

Wow = Donation Sent. Works great - issues.