PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 04:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

This is going to sound weird... and I don't even know what to think of it... but...

I noticed that now that patches is fixed with this kitchen, the battery consumption is twice as fast as it was when it was broken and I was using the SPB safe boot workaround.

Is it possible that something else is getting injected in patches that is almost doubling battery consumption?
Old 12-02-2008, 09:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

I'm new with the kitchen. How do I know what RUU and Version I should choose from the pulldown menu?
Old 12-02-2008, 03:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
I'm new with the kitchen. How do I know what RUU and Version I should choose from the pulldown menu?
when you put your device in bootloader mode, you will see your version.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: verizon

josephw is a n00b

I flashed this yesterday after including MS Office and "icontact". So far, I am not receiving any overt issues with battery consumption, and performance seems to be on par with 20748. Actually, things are more consistent on this build - it doesn't seem to randomly bog down so much, at least so far. Time shall tell, I guess... or until another build rolls around to play with.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

this might seem crazy, but i am in the midst of a test. i reflashed with the latest MINUS the patches reference in the group file. loaded spb to do a safe reboot and then uninstalled it. i will check this consumption vs. patches consumption.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor

Just chiming in my own with battery test times. All are with few phone calls, no bluetooth, no wifi, not running additional programs, times recorded by me and a trusty clock. Completely unscientific and all, just making the disclaimer:
20755 Build
* Full to 20% = 16 hours 32 minutes
* 20% to 10% = 1 hour 2 minutes
* 10% to shutdown = 28 minutes
20931 w/ latest:
* Full to 20% = 14 hours 53 minutes
* 20% to 10% = 51 minutes
* 10% to shutdown = 19 minutes

There does seem to be a difference in this one test, but it may not be significant. I'll do a few more and run it against some t-tests to check.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

I had gone from 100 to 70 in just a couple of hours with no calls (on the latest build with fixed patches). That is something that never happened before. On the previous (latest build with non-functional patches, but the spb workaround), I lasted on 100 for a couple hours, then 90 for several more hours. I am testing the elimination of patches with the spb workaround and will let you know if it was my imagination or real. I am pretty certain there was something to it because on the build with greater battery consumption, I was noticing that acbPowerMeter was showing a lot of fluctuation in an "idle" state.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Apache

kevdawg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to kevdawg Send a message via MSN to kevdawg Send a message via Yahoo to kevdawg Send a message via Skype™ to kevdawg

I am having two issues with this build.

1 SD card wont recognize
2 I can't seem to fit as much stuff as I could before on this phone through BuildOS.

Last edited by kevdawg; 12-03-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor

Just reporting in again. The t-tests showed no significant difference between the battery life of these two builds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdawg View Post
I am having two issues with this build.

1 SD card wont recognize
2 I can't seem to fit as much stuff as I could before on this phone through BuildOS.
For the first question please allow me to use the porcupine effect: What SD card are you using and is it recognized by any other devices? For the second question, 20931 itself takes up more space than previous ones. Can't say how much exactly, but enough to make a difference about how many OEM's can be crammed in. Cook a barebones ROM and just add your OEM's one at a time. It is time consuming like whoa but at least you will know for sure how much you can fit without a lock-up.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sykosoft is a n00b

Does anyone else have oddly large soft-key menu text? For instance, in IE, when I click the Menu button, the text of the items is rather large, larger than the webpage text. I tried to adjust textsize on the Screen app in the control panel to no avail.

Is there a way to adjust these fonts without rebuilding?

Michael

PS: In regards to the immediately above, about an unrecognized SD card, if it's SDHC, try putting in an SD card (say, 512mb) first, then trying your card. My phone would freeze every time I popped in my 8gb SDHC card. It would unfreeze when I removed it. After putting in a 512m card, the 8gb worked immediately, and flawlessly.

Thanks,
Michael

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development