PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2008, 06:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM6.1 build 20931 kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
So...I built a clean rom, all was well. Someone post a selections.txt and anything that needs to be done beyond flashing to evidence the slowdown.
Yea I was fine until I added the Pocket Sudoku OEM, then all hell broke loose!
Old 11-28-2008, 08:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I was running build 20755 before and everything was working extremely well. I wanted to take this one for a spin and found that I was having some trouble, even with minimal selections, such as a blank boot screen. There was still the *plinking* sounds asking me to set up my windows mobile device but no image for calibration or time and date set-up.

Still able to flash back to 20755 though. Here is my selections for the 20931 build which failed.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 11-26-2008 with 20931 build.txt (1.3 KB, 75 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

I am not sure why you were suggesting you had to have a selections file when many have stated that even with no selections (fresh start), this problem still exists. I would think that if anything, the fact that SPB Pocket Plus doing a safe boot should give a lot of insight.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:10 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
I am not sure why you were suggesting you had to have a selections file when many have stated that even with no selections (fresh start), this problem still exists. I would think that if anything, the fact that SPB Pocket Plus doing a safe boot should give a lot of insight.
Because what people say, what people hear, and what is reality are frequently three seperate items. By getting your selections.txt that you have witnessed an issue, I remove 2 sources of error from the problem - your statement of your starting condition and my interpretation of that statement.
Old 11-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfer10 View Post
FYI I am having the same problems as described with all the versions now in the kitchen. The first thing I do is setup my exchange sever and after I finish that it just sits and never syncs. I also tried with the USB cable to sync the favorites and notes and no luck. It finds the PPC but never does go to sync. System.exe is running 80%-100% all the time.

I do notice when you fire it up after a hard reset that the 6.1 screen never comes up where it says tap the screen. It beeps a couple times and if you do tap the screen it will continue on with the screen calibration after the flash.
Fix is up. See what it fixes.

Should fix Wifi issue
Should fix 100% cpu usage issue
Probably fixes Synching issue
Might fix Sudoku issue

Last edited by gguruusa; 11-30-2008 at 12:14 AM.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

SPB did nothing until the safemode boot occurred. So it does have everything to do with safemode clearing the problem. The question is, what is the real problem?

I am curious to know what gguruusa's "fix" is.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

Wizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWizzard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well Done Gguruusa!!!!!!!!

It works perfectly! Well, almost. I selected the DUN and modem and it asked me if I wanted to overwrite some files. Everything seems to have built properly.

I am a happy camper.

Thanks for all of your hard work
Old 11-30-2008, 12:02 AM
Deep Thinker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edufur View Post
SPB did nothing until the safemode boot occurred. So it does have everything to do with safemode clearing the problem.
That is more likely a fortunate side effect than it is related to the issue. I imagine there are unfortunate consequences to that solution.
Quote:
The question is, what is the real problem?
Unknown.
Quote:
I am curious to know what gguruusa's "fix" is.
The path to the usual patch was invalid because of a syntactic anomoly of .rar file specifications. I fixed the code to compensate for the anomoly, thereby eliminating the possibility of being inadvertently bit a second time. Now that the path is valid, the usual patch is applying.

Last edited by gguruusa; 11-30-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon

DanoH5656 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
The path to the usual patch was invalid because of a syntactic anomoly of .rar file specifications. I fixed the code to compensate for the anomoly, thereby eliminating the possibility of being inadvertently bit a second time. Now that the path is valid, the usual patch is applying.
Sounds like something you need a flux capacitor for after Neo steals it from the matrix. But in all seriousness, seems to be working well enough now. Not the snappiest of the builds I've used, but it didn't lock up on me either yet so it seems a bit more stable than previous ones.

Thanks a bunch.
Old 11-30-2008, 09:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

This is great!
For those like me who had trouble flashing a rom in Vista after cooking it (because of connection error and device not "seen"), this kitchen makes it much easier.

Before, I had to run "XP" in a virtual machine to flash,..
but now all i have to do is goto the "BuildOS RUU" folder in my Documents folder and I was surprised to see the latest rom cooked there waiting for me to click and flash it with the included files.

I dont know why Vista is picky like that but as long as it works I don't have to run my Virtual XP.
I also notice it will not work if clicked in cascaded view, I have to open the folder to make "ROMUpgradeUt.exe" find my device.

Automatically having latest rom in that folder is great so guys like me dont have to wander poking around looking for the last "nk.nbf" cooked. lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development