PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Apache Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   6.1 Battery Issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21544)

Maxx134 03-18-2008 03:51 PM

Re: 6.1 Battery Issue

I don't belive the slot cycle will have the impact you guys are experiencing. I am not experiencing that bad a difference either, but then I have not setup any email yet.

Data connecting for whatever reason usually gives this type of problem.

violentz313 03-18-2008 04:06 PM

that could be i have my data connection set to always on can someone help me with the the reg edit to turn it off?

iggy 03-18-2008 07:35 PM

Hi guys, quick question with the 6.1 ROM I am unable to set power options to turn off the power after X number of mins. (amount does not matter).

The problem is I check the box reboot and its unchecked again, anyone having this issue as well? OR did I miss an option when creating the ROM?

Maxx134 03-18-2008 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iggy (Post 222417)
Hi guys, quick question with the 6.1 ROM I am unable to set power options to turn off the power after X number of mins. (amount does not matter).

The problem is I check the box reboot and its unchecked again, anyone having this issue as well? OR did I miss an option when creating the ROM?

You may be using some sort of Phone profile from an app that changes the setting as I dont have that prob on reset.

iggy 03-18-2008 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxx134 (Post 222495)
You may be using some sort of Phone profile from an app that changes the setting as I dont have that prob on reset.

Maxx134, thanks so much man, excellent call. I had PhoneWeaver disabling the PowerOff option on all Profiles. Works great now.

DavidinCT 03-19-2008 04:47 PM

Does anyone have any other tips for battery life here ? I installed 6.1 and it's horrable, I used talked on my phone for about 45 min, and battery is now less than 30%. If I use the phone for another 10-20 min, I'll get the battery low error. Temped to go back to 5.0, really don't want to, I need some of the features in 6.0 for e-mail etc.

GaMedic 03-19-2008 05:41 PM

I would suggest for those with battery issues to install abcbattery meter from the kitchen and run it for a while. Post your results here when you post a question so that it can be determined where the drain is coming from. The program will run in the background so you can see how much usage from different functions like phone calls, internet, etc. Also note what the levels are when the phone is in standby. Also pay attention to the signal/data meter in the top bar. If you see that the data stream is connected often then you may want to check you email settings to see how often it access the net. I have not experienced the problems some of you have. If those with serious issues could also post selections text then maybe we can compare them and see if a particular program is causing a drain.

DavidinCT 03-19-2008 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ga. Medic (Post 223600)
I would suggest for those with battery issues to install abcbattery meter from the kitchen and run it for a while. Post your results here when you post a question so that it can be determined where the drain is coming from. The program will run in the background so you can see how much usage from different functions like phone calls, internet, etc. Also note what the levels are when the phone is in standby. Also pay attention to the signal/data meter in the top bar. If you see that the data stream is connected often then you may want to check you email settings to see how often it access the net. I have not experienced the problems some of you have. If those with serious issues could also post selections text then maybe we can compare them and see if a particular program is causing a drain.

Ok, will do, I'll try to reflash mine again tomorrow (takes a good hour to get everything back up and running again). So today, I have talked on the phone for about and hour to an hour and 10. I have replaced the battery 2 times (extra one on the charger), not using interenet, wi-fi or bluetooth, just getting phone calls. I'm afraid to even turn on the internet (as I have unlimited access) just cause the battery will be dead even sooner. I think the phone is done in about 45min of acutal talk time.

5.0 was ok, 6.0 was worse but, I could live with it, 6.1 is horrable, I've looked up every little hack and trick I can find but, nothing helps(even the backlight is down to the lowest setting).

tek2tirado 03-21-2008 05:45 PM

im actually havin better battery life then 6.1
i went 2 days with out havin 2 charge it

mostly txt msgs and internet once in awhile 2 check scores
im very happy with this build
works extremely fast also

charleskincade 03-21-2008 10:17 PM

i've experienced the very same exact thing with the battery issue and nothing seems to help.